See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

This is the worst place me and my friend stayed I Nicaragua in 6 weeks.
The rooms only had a bed and is very small with no where to put your stuff.
In the beginning when we arrived the staff was nice and tried to help us organize our trip on ometepe - but we already did that by ourself. We payed for the two night we booked but after a couple of hours we decided to leave the day after. When we changed the booking as it says in there policy that we can they would not give us the money back. I had a long and very uncomfortable discussion with them where they lied about that they did not have the money at the hostle any more. After one hour they came with the money - but they were very rude! It says breakfast included but this is only a copy of coffee and two toasts.....
The morning we leaved they suddenly wanted us to pay more money becaused we have used the kitchen which again by there policy said it was for free.
I cannot recommend this place at all! It was so uncomfortable!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2017

I planned on staying two or three nights and ended up staying a little over a week. I stayed in a private room with a twin bed, private toilet and shower. It was super inexpensive. Breakfast is included and was very good. I ate dinner at the hotel several nights. I had something different every time and it was always delicious. I lounged in the hammocks in the common area, rented a kayak for a couple hours, hiked up Vulcan Maderas, swam in the lake and laid on the beach. Monkey island is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Ometepe. Berlin and Brenda are very kind and made me feel very welcome. I highly recommend this place!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Nick D
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

It is really good place, they have a lot of rooms and great prices, the breakfast is included, and is really good, a quiet place, sorrounded by nature, close to cascada San Ramón, and have a almost privet beach, Gerry nice people, hope to come back soon

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank William V
Reviewed April 23, 2017

Very romote location. Need dirt bike or atv to get to. Very quiet which was relaxing but Not a lot of restaurants or little canteens to get snacks unless u wanna treck to santa cruz. Lots of bugs. So so hostel.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed February 19, 2016 via mobile

When you don't want to pay a lot of money for your stay at Ometepe, this is a great place with nature all around you. The taxi to this place will cost you around $25/30, but it's worth it!

Friendly and helpful staff, excellent food, the rooms were not that great but what can you expect for $20 (room with private bathroom), breakfast is included and this was really delicious!!

We did the Madera Volcano hike and it was awesome and exhausting. We left at 7:00 and we're back at 18:00, a long day but absolutely worth it!
The guide only spoke Spanish but this actually made the experience better!

The hike is $15 pp, but we did a longer one that was $25. When we got back from the hike, out of nowhere we had to pay the money... Even before we could sit or say hi to the owner. This struck us as a bit odd and sneaky.

Also I asked if they could arrange a taxi for the day that we left at 7:00. They arranged it for $30,-, which is a reasonable price. When we sat in the taxi they said, oh yeah it's $35,-... This is not the way you deal with your hotel guests. I couldn't care less about the $5, but I don't like it when people treat you like this.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple