Mountain Bike Cyprus & Velo-Cyprus
Review Highlights
Bike Delivered

This review is about the bike hire service offered by Velo-Cyprus. Booked a road bike to take... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Peter R
good service

Reviewed September 6, 2018
hephaestus12
Malacky, Slovakia

All reviews troodos mountains inner tubes local routes road cycling nice couple these guys great knowledge flexible service safety briefing many thanks boardman ride hire gloves equipment cyprus puncture
Reviewed 1 week ago

This review is about the bike hire service offered by Velo-Cyprus.
Booked a road bike to take advantage of the lovely roads in the Pafos area.
A lovely carbon bike was delivered to my villa in Aphrodite Hills all set up and ready to go by Al and Kirsty.
Any problems and they will come out to you...so you have that rather nice reassurance that if anything happens they will be there... a bit like Mavic neutral support on the Grand Tours.
So highly recommended and will definitely use again.

feeltheforce, Owner at Mountain Bike Cyprus & Velo-Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your kind words.
we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

I must say everything was exceptional, they come to your house, give you all you need and also some tips where to go. I rent an aluminium boardman roadbike with tiagra. Only brakes was not so good on that bike, other things was fine. Next visit, I surely use their service again.

feeltheforce, Owner at Mountain Bike Cyprus & Velo-Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Thank you for your review.
we are en devouring to change the braking system from Tektro to Shimano on our entry bikes.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

... almost. Well - in Al's expert hands whatever bike you will rent will feel like a double-upgrade

I rented the alu Boardman and it was lovely, as tuned as it could be and much more

Decently priced but more importantly Al and his lovely partner provide a service that greatly exceed expectations

From adjusting the bike (seat etc.), to delivery, to cleanliness, to tips and safety briefing. I could only wish my local shop back in the UK would be half as knowledgeable and helpful

I ride my bike a lot at home and rented bikes all over from Greece, Croatia, Turkey and Italy, but top marks go to Al. Can't wait to visit again

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Al and Kirsty run a quality outfit. I rented a carbon road bike for 3 days and they were even so kind as to lend me all of the kit including shoes, gloves, shorts and jersey. I did 3 rides together with them and they were friendly, service oriented and helpful at all times. The bike was lovingly maintained and it was clear from the outset that they’re passionate about bikes and about providing an unforgettable experience. Highly recommended!!

feeltheforce, Owner at Mountain Bike Cyprus & Velo-Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended, organised a three day rental during recent holiday at short notice, immediate response to my email and all set up within a few hours.

Al and Kirsty friendly and helpful when delivering the bike, made sure I had everything needed and provided some great route suggestions. (And I can’t deny having a couple of team cars pull up outside the hotel did added a nice ‘pro’ touch to the whole thing!)

Bike was in great condition and provided a flawless ride for a couple of very hot, but very enjoyable days cycling, wish the roads around SW London and Surrey were a little more like those in Cyprus!

Hopefully be back again sometime and have no hesitation in recommending. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Great service , all very easy to organise and we left it quite late on to book, safety briefing given and our level of experience on mountain bikes questioned before we left, bikes in very good condition and water and good route options supplied, all in all a top notch service and despite both owners being ex Pongos (no ones perfect) and great experience.
Many thanks.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Hired a carbon road bike for 4 days while staying at Aphrodite Hills. Drop off and pick up was very flexible, they provided ALL the extras (including lycra and three jerseys!), and tips on local routes to find and just as importantly to avoid. Hope to be back!

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Bike delivered as requested. Al was helpful and provided map with routes. He fitted my own pedals and supplied accessories as promised. Nice to have peace of mind knowing that support vehicle was just a phone call away if required. Al and Kirsty were very hospitable when I cycled my hire bike back to their immaculate workshop, supplying ice cold water and chat while I waited for my family to meet me. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Booked a bike over email with Al, provided my (particularly long-legged) dimensions and agreed a drop off time. Al arrived within seconds of the agreed time, quality carbon machine, perfect size,
in mint condition and Al quickly made some last minute adjustments to get me going. Provided some great guidance on some local routes, very knowledgable and passionate about the bikes too. Great support throughout the week and collection was arranged at my convenience and was within seconds (literally) of the time we agreed.

Fantastic experience all round, would heartily recommend Al to anyone cycling in the region.

1  Thank baldilocs
feeltheforce, Owner at Mountain Bike Cyprus & Velo-Cyprus, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Many thanks, hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Myself, family and friends have all hired from Al. First class exceptional professional service. A superb selection of quality and highly maintained bikes. This is not your run of the mill holiday Bike hire place - it is for those who like and appreciate quality but at a really affordable price. Al and Kirsty are super stars!!!

3  Thank Nigel_and_Sara