1,630 results
All reviews the main house stately home beautiful building country house flights of stairs changing rooms pool and sauna downton abbey kippers buffet style blenheim palace leisure facilities tea and coffee lovely grounds lovely weekend lovely room full english
Reviewed January 30, 2017

Stayed at this beautiful location due to its proximity to Brize Norton. Room was not in the old hall sadly and the only twin available was a disabled room but it was pretty comfortable. Tiny TV and intermittent wifi signal but at least it was free. Breakfast was excellent and a buffet you could return to, again and again. Top quality nosh, locally sourced sausages and requests catered for. Staff were attentive but very very busy. Will return. Pool and leisure facilities very good. Gardens delightful.

Room Tip: In the old hall best, but at a premium
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen T
Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

Spent one night here to see where our late father had trained in 1952 with Beds Police when Eynsham was police training centre.
Beautiful elegant hotel with lovely staircase and stunning wood panelling. Our room (24) in the main hall was beautiful with the most amazing bathroom and floor tiles. Spotless Clean.
The other room was not so good but was changed immediately after we made it known we were disappointed.
All staff very helpful especially the receptionist who helped with information about when Hall was the training centre.
Lovely grounds and sure we will return in the springtime.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Shaun B, General Manager at Eynsham Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2017

I was very pleased to read your review following your recent stay at Eynsham Hall, particularly as your father was based here during his police training.

Thank you for your very kind comments about the room and the staff and it is great that reception were able to provide you with some background information on the history of Eynsham Hall.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and the gardens in spring are particularly beautiful to stroll around.

Many thanks again for taking the time to leave such great feedback.

Reviewed January 28, 2017

We booked a mid week break in this " boutique hotel" as it was described.

The room in the main house was absolutely delightful. Cafetière,large towels, comfy bed, Sadly there the good experience ended.

Firstly the receptionist who checked us in was chewing gum. She omitted to give us our vouchers for a glass of pro secco and was very off hand about the location of the room.
Instead of taking an imprint of our card she managed a "sale" of £70.00 which we were later told about.

The breakfast the next morning was surreal . We arrived at 8.55. No one in the large cavernous room. Empty tables uncleared . A buffet of kept warm food. We eventually located someone and managed to order coffee. We were informed breakfast finished at 9. This we found extraordinary,but the fact is this place does conferences and the run lies the problem.
The breakfast was without doubt the worst I have ever had in any hotel. Food dry . Orange juice cheap. Just brown white sliced bread. The berry compote on the porridge was the jam from the pot. They didn't do de caffeinated coffee except in instant sachets where I was brought two and a jug of hot water.

There was nowhere to have a quiet drink before supper . The bar was full of folk with identity labels on . The reception hall was the only place to sit and was a main thoroughfare .
We did eat in The Brasserie. Here service was adequate,but offhand in general. Empty glasses weren't removed, long wait between courses.
There were large numbers of staff and we came to the conclusion that there was an inadequate training system in place. It certainly is NOT a boutique hotel . It is a conference centre .
Everyone apologised,but no one put anything right.
A beautiful building ,lovely decor,let down by sloppy service and attention to detail
NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS ON BUSINESS / CONFERENCE

Room Tip: Stay in the main house
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Shaun B, General Manager at Eynsham Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Eynsham Hall and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

The hotel is generally business oriented during the week with leisure and events taking place at weekends and we do have a very broad client base. I am sorry that on this occasion other events that were taking place encroached on your stay and any member of the team chewing gum is unacceptable and I will ensure this is addressed directly.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 28, 2017

A great view coming up to the grand looking hall. Checked in the same time as what seemed to be a work group so was a slight wait. The outside building didn't really fit visually with the main hall which is why it's tucked away I guess! When we got to the room we entered a bland, beige cube.
We ended up going to the hotel brasserie as there is a 10minute drive to anywhere close. The meal was excellent with great service.
I really regret staying at this hotel, for the price I paid I expected more. It was a lonely business mens hotel room. Added extras are the plug socket next to your pillow on the headboard, light switches that don't work, a leaky shower that drips through the night, the broken TV remote and an old window which keeps no heat in whatsoever!! I'm just shocked at how shoddy the room was.
I'm sure the main building is great but if you can't afford it do not bother with the outside building, it's just overpriced, aged and depressing after your day Out!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Eynsham Hall and your positive comments about the Brasserie.

We are in the process of refurbishing our bedrooms inside the Lodge, 36 of which have been completed with the remaining 18 still to do. I take on board your feedback and absolutely as a business we are aiming higher and I accept there is a distinct difference in some areas of our product. We do of course ensure that there is also a distinct difference in rate between our varying room types and sell the outside rooms very much as a base for exploring the surrounding area.

Whilst I don't have direct control over the bedroom I do have control over maintenance and housekeeping and I am very sorry this was the case during your stay.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have recently returned from a two night stay at this impressive Manor House which is a great hotel.

The room was quite cosy but with everything you need, with tea making facilities, a decent size TV. The bed was on the small side, but that might be because I'm used to a king.
The bathroom was huge, with a very big bath and also a large walk in shower. Unfortunately the pressure was pretty poor, and even though I pointed it out to staff, annoyingly it was never rectified.
The room is very nicely decorated, and well finished. It was also very warm, and we always felt comfortable even though it was the coldest night of the year!!

We enjoyed some nice walks around the grounds, which are really impressive.

Food in the restaurant was very impressive, the beef cheeks and Bakewell desert were genuinely amazing.
I also would recommend the beef burger, which is available from the bar.

We tried out the pool, which is fairy small and packed with families that wasn't staying at the hotel. This wouldn't have usually been an issue but it prevented from me from enjoying a swim!

Breakfast - buffet style and very good. **Note that breakfast finishes at 0900 Mon - Fri ** Luckily the chef was happy to prepare our breakfast after 0900 on Monday after we arrived late. This wasn't explained when we checked in!

Overall staff were great, and most were happy to chat about the history of the building.
I'd recommend this hotel, and look forward to returning one day.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam H

Thank you very much for your recent review following your stay at Eynsham Hall - very informative! I am delighted you were able to enjoy the fantastic grounds, we are very fortunate to be situated in such a beautiful setting.

Many thanks also for your kind comments about the staff and the food and I am pleased that chef was able to accommodate you for breakfast.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Eynsham Hall in the future. Do remember that the best rates can be achieved by booking direct with the hotel.