“Good food, good service, good atmosphere”
Review of Panchos Cantina

Panchos Cantina
Ranked #29 of 75 Restaurants in Rayleigh
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2015

We stopped here with a table of 13 guests and was sat upstairs.

The waiting staff were quite punctual and very friendly

There were no complaints regarding the starts, between us we had nachos, sharer platter, potato skins, chicken wings and Jalapeno Poppers...

Mains we ordered were mainly Fahitas, burrito trio, Chimichanga and Enchiladas. Along with sides of nacho chips and spicy chips.

Our only complaint that I heard was that the beans were not very nice. (I didn't try mine)

The rest of the meal was really good, we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and would return again.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Went here for a friends birthday and I have to say I was very disappointed with not only the food but the drinks too, We all had a variety of drinks from cocktails to spirits to wine and all bar the bottled wine was completely tasteless, it seemed they were totally devoid of any alcohol my raspberry mojito tasted of nothing more than lime and mint. The food for a tex mex restaurant was completely tasteless my potato skins had no flavour whatsoever and in a blind taste test could of been anything, same for the main which was fajitas, normally these are lovely and flavoursome but again could of been anything, all the food and drinks were presented great but we're just so bland it was a real shame as was really looking forward to visiting for the first time, in its favour is the location which is in the high street surrounded by bars & pubs, the cleanliness and the nice staff but the main event was just a no no what we also did not like was the added £20 service charge to the bill which although the staff were friendly did not go over and beyond their job and certainly not worthy of a £20 tip, I really do not like restaurants that automatically add it,it should be at the diners descretion. Sorry although I know this place is popular it just wasn't for me I'm afraid and I certainly won't be returning any time soon

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I absolutely love Pancho's. Have visited 3 times now and will keep going. It is not a cheap meal in the evening, but the food is brilliant.

All is cooked fresh, sauces and all completely made in-house and not from a tin or package. I have had the fajitas which were delicious and my favourite is the BBQ smothered half chicken and chips... unbelievable. Cocktails also excellent, as are their homemade churros for dessert!

Staff are very friendly and great at what they do, lovely to speak to and always around.

I would always recommend Panchos to anyone, best restaurant in rayleigh - not just another mass chain.

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

Been here on a few occasions. Each time the food, atmosphere and service has been impeccable! Started off with half price cocktails, a great selection to choose from, followed by the best nachos I've ever had. Have tried a few different dishes which have all been faultless and at a very good price too! Shall keep on coming back and recommend others try too!

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Have visited here many times and always enjoy the food! The fajitas are great. Service is good but perhaps could be more cheerful. Cocktails are very nice too but a little expensive. Love coming here and will be back again.