See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is in a quiet location and staff are very welcoming and helpful. The food was of a good quality. However, it is long overdue for an upgrade and there is a neglect of details such as dead plants in the patio, curtains lacking in curtain hooks, sofas had lost their springs. In the bar was a large screen television set playing non-stop, morning to night which was distracting when dinner was served in that room. The hotel offers Wi-fi but this service is intermittent and can be non-existent in some rooms, but this is not the fault of the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2016

The best thing about this hotel is their customer service. The owner and reception staff were all friendly and we couldn't fault them. The only thing to note was when we ate in the bar in the evening and the service was very slow however they had a large group in on the restaurant side and did warn us in advance. The food was nicer than I expected and the price was pretty fair also. I've got to say their waffles in toffee sauce was delicious!

The main negative during our stay was that the room was dirty. The bathroom itself was fine minus a few loose tiles but the main room had some dead flies and cobwebs on the corners by the dresser and the bed sheets had a blood stain on them. Not exactly outrageous but I personally like things to be clean. As a side note the TV was tiny and ancient but when chatting to the owner the next morning he said new TVs were on order and the ones currently in use were old spares so more modern equipment is on the way.

I'd definitely return in a few years and see how the place has progressed. Overall my fiancé and I enjoyed our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2016

A great B&B. Our room was huge and the beds very comfortable. We had a full bath and lots of quiet. There was a very nice restaurant so we could have dinner upon arrival, as well as a good breakfast the next day. The kids loved the guinea pigs out front. We enjoyed this place a lot.

Room tip: We had the family room upstairs, which was huge.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

We popped in for dinner on Saturday Evening. The place was very quiet to start with but soon got busier as the evening went on. The staff were all very polite and cheery.
I had Haggis and Mozzarella balls to start and they were amazing, my husband had prawn cocktail and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The main courses were also amazing. I had the steak pie, it was full packed with meat which was beautifully cooked. My husband had the gammon steak.
The portions were huge and very filling. We couldn't manage a pudding but we will definitely be back to try more.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2016

My wife and I were fortunate enough to find this place on Sunday and stopped for lunch. We both had spare ribs for starters and steak pie for mains and believe me we couldn't have found room for dessert. We were expecting a small plate of mini ribs and were presented with a portion of huge ribs which tempted us to cancel our mains order. Glad we didn't as the pie was great, dish full of meat, veg. done to tea and the best tasting swede we'd had in a long time. Next time we're in Dumfries we will make a point of dropping in.

Date of stay: February 2016