Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
An enjoyable afternoon

Alison and Turan were very welcoming and the classroom a good learning environment. 3 hours or so... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
vashti54
Warwickshire
Cold smoking food course

One of the best course I have done. The course covers various method of food to smoke from cheese... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
859edwardpm
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews chorizo kippers answered all our questions excellent tutor his knowledge great fun feeling confident birthday present cold smoking charcuterie making machine beef jerky alison brining smoked curing science
Reviewed September 10, 2018

I have now attended the cold smoking school for various courses. Charcuterie, cold smoking, hot smoking, sausage making and thoroughly enjoyed them all.
My wife bought me the charcuterie course as a present as she thought I might enjoy it. The warm welcome set me at ease straight away. I had a fantastic day, learned a lot and Turan has always been there to answer my questions as they arose afterwards. As my knowledge grows I continue to keep in touch with Turan and Allison and they have never disappointed me always offering guidance where required.
I’m proud to be able to cure and smoke my own bacon and salmon, ( the family love them too). I dont buy them in the shop anymore. I also love to make my own sausages, pancetta, prosciutto, There’s so much satisfaction in doing it yourself and the cold smoking school,is a perfect place to go.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Les H
Reviewed August 18, 2018

My husband and I went onto a sausage making course. The content of the course was good, the guy told us how to make sausages and gave handy tips but in our opinion it wasn't interactive enough. The course lasted 3 hours and most of this time we sat,
listened, and stared at the screen. Only one person out of the group of 8 got to do any adding ingredients or mixing. We only got to stuff already made sausage mixture into the sausage skin. Then the teacher did the splitting of the sausages himself.

We think for the price this experience wasn't worth going because we could have watched youtube video for free instead. We were expecting a course where we get to participate and mix stuff ourselves, not an uninteractive lecture. We wouldn't recommend for how expensive it was.

Date of experience: July 2018
3  Thank jackie704
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Bought the two hour sausage making experience for my friend’s birthday and surprised her just before we went in. We had a lovely giggle and an excellent experience. Turan was a fab tutor with the right amount of humour and knowledge and recognised the innuendos in the room
We had a great time and we can’t wait to eat our sausages for breakfast

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank April077
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

We got a voucher for a 2 hour sausage making course as a gift and it was amazing! Turan was funny and knowledgeable and the lovely lady (I’m so sorry I’m bad with names!) was extremely welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The experience was even more in depth than we expected and we learned so much! Thanks for an awesome experience!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank cherylwhiteley
Reviewed June 9, 2018

So glad my lovely partner treated me to this excellent day. Turan is a fantastic food smoking coach, introducing a wide range of approaches through hands on demonstrations and a relaxed, self-effacing sense of humour. I couldn't fault the experience, the fantastic lunch or the endless freshly-smoked samples that we worked our way through, and there was a great group of other people on the course too, which added to the value of the day. It was a pleasure to meet you all.

Date of experience: June 2018