Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
An enjoyable afternoon

Alison and Turan were very welcoming and the classroom a good learning environment. 3 hours or so... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
vashti54
Warwickshire
Cold smoking food course

One of the best course I have done. The course covers various method of food to smoke from cheese... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
859edwardpm
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews chorizo kippers answered all our questions excellent tutor his knowledge great fun feeling confident birthday present cold smoking charcuterie making machine beef jerky alison brining smoked curing science
Reviewed October 27, 2018

What an absolute pleasure to spend a day here. Fantastic venue and hosts. Simply a cracking day and left to try everything at home. Also left with beef jerky, bacon, air dried duck and chorizo. How good is that!!

Reviewed October 21, 2018

Wow, so much packed in to the day but everything was done without rushing. I am an absolute beginner and I left the course feeling confident and inspired. Turan and Alison are fab and I cannot recommend this course enough!

Reviewed October 17, 2018

It all started with a very warm welcome from Alison and Turan. I had arrived very early and was offered a drink but as it was lovely morning opted to go for a walk. It is in a beautiful setting by the Grand Union Canal.
To the course. Turan is an extremely knowledgeable tutor. An ex fireman who knows all about fire and smoke from a technical point of view but managed to impart his knowledge in a way we could all understand. It was hands on and very, very informative. We learned about hot and cold smoking, salting and brining and some very useful information about what smokers worked and what to avoid. We used cardboard smokers to cold smoke, a commercial smoker and an improvised smoker to hot smoke. We smoked nuts, chickpeas, cheese, chicken, pulled pork, trout and salmon. And then of course we sampled them.
It really was a great day. Met some lovely people, learned a lot, ate some fantastic food and would highly recommend Turan and Alison to anyone.
Marvellous!

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

I had the cold smoking course kindly booked for my birthday. The course was everything and more for me. A lot of information and backed up with hands on tasks during the course and I've got some things curing In the fridge which we produced by my own fair hands during the day. Turan and Alison were great hosts and I'd go again happily.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I attended the two hour sausage making course a few weeks ago (booked through Groupon) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Turan and Alison were very welcoming and it was a relaxed and interactive introduction to sausage making. The process was explained in detail and each of the course attendees helped make a large batch of sausages, from mincing the meat to the linking process. We all took some sausages home which were delicious. I've since bought myself a sausage making machine and had great fun experimenting with different flavours.

Date of experience: June 2018