Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Review Highlights

Very informative & entertaining

Reviewed November 1, 2018
Alison B
Luton, United Kingdom

All reviews chorizo kippers answered all our questions excellent tutor his knowledge great fun feeling confident birthday present cold smoking charcuterie making machine beef jerky alison brining smoked curing science
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the best course I have done. The course covers various method of food to smoke from cheese to fish and meats.
The instructor was very knowledgeable and made the course special for novices and skill persons. He is very skilled and versatile in presenting to the non foodies and foodies. I would recommend this course to any body who like to expand there skills.
Well worth a visit.
If I could give 6 stars I would have.

Reviewed November 5, 2018

My husband bought me an afternoon's sausage-making course for a birthday treat and I booked it for 16 November. I was really looking forward to it as I am a keen cook. However, my father died on 31 October and the funeral was booked for 15 November. As I am still grieving, it wasn't until five days later that I realised I would not be able to attend the course due to the location of the funeral, having to visit people who couldn't attend, and sorting out his affairs (he did a lot of charitable work that needs to be wound up).

The man on the phone was very frosty, to the point of rudeness, when I said I needed to delay my attendance and merely quoted terms and conditions to me. I pointed out the circumstances and he said that 'on this occasion' he would 'allow' the transfer but I'd need to pay an admin fee. I asked if they could waive this, given the circumstances but he just said 'Didn't you get a confirmation email with our terms and conditions?'!!!! I said yes and he said they need to charge in case all eight people cancelled!!!! I must admit that that level of insensitivity caused me to be very abrupt and I asked how much it would be. IT'S £30! That's almost as much as my husband paid for the Groupon. I'm not proud of the fact that I let that goad me into swearing down the phone (something I've never done in my life, as I've been in customer service positions in the past) before hanging up.

I was so upset that I had to leave work and, an hour later, I'm still shaking.
'Coldsmoking' is a good name for this company as their customer service is cold, insensitive, heartless and cruel.

I will not be attending the course and I will not be booking any more with this company.

Reviewed November 1, 2018

Our son booked this course for a joint birthday treat via Groupon. Arrived with seconds to spare after a hold up on M1. Turan & Alison both very welcoming. Some 'classroom' work, some demonstration with associated hands on participation. Enjoyed the experience very much and now considering the meat curing all day course.

Reviewed October 27, 2018

What an absolute pleasure to spend a day here. Fantastic venue and hosts. Simply a cracking day and left to try everything at home. Also left with beef jerky, bacon, air dried duck and chorizo. How good is that!!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 21, 2018

Wow, so much packed in to the day but everything was done without rushing. I am an absolute beginner and I left the course feeling confident and inspired. Turan and Alison are fab and I cannot recommend this course enough!

Date of experience: October 2018