All reviewsother guestsa lot of funat homegaliciacountrytaxihostcenturychinolanesatnavfarmhouse
Reviewed December 2, 2016

Not much to add to the other reviews-they're pretty spot on. Maika (Maria Carmen) is a superb host. Wilmer is delightful. She manages to run the house efficiently but it's still a wonderfully casual experience. My room was in the main house upstairs-very cute. The wifi is strong in the rooms and the bathroom was spacious and spotless. Lovely enormous bathtub with a shower. Balcony that looked out at the chapel on the property-very pretty. I was walking the Camnio and this was minor detour to stay the night in the countryside. So worth it. Such a cool place. I didnt' get to eat at the nearby Casa Roberto's-it was closed--but Maika took pity on a weary traveller and fed me some homemade caldo galego and bread and cheese and arranged a wine purchase from a local winery that was ready and waiting for me the next morning when I checked out. I doubt very seriously the restaurant could have done any better. :-) Such a lovely place-worth going back to Santiago to to visit with them! Gracia Maika!!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2016

We arrived at the guest house late afternoon. We were greeted by a man in charge who spoke no English at all. As a result it took a long time to book in. We followed him down a dark passage at the back of an out building to our room. Inside a narrow passage went past the bathroom to a small bedroom area with another stable door opening onto the courtyard where we had parked the car (motel style). The only time we went to the main house door was to pick up the key so we do not know what it was like inside. The room was very clean, well maintained, had a small TV and had two hard single beds.There was no coffee/tea facility, no fridge and just a one very small window. It took quite a long time to go to sleep due to the noise from next door. The bathroom had a bath and shower and toiletries. There was free WiFi and it was strong. We strolled to the back of the hose to look at the garden, but there were just neglected chairs which appeared unused for some time. Just up the road from the guest house was a very nice pub which we visited for a drink and eats.In the morning we left at around 7h30. It took us 20 minutes to get the car out as the cars in the courtyard were sandwiched in so tight. Not a good experience and would not recommend or wish fellow travelers to experience this.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Comfortable & spotlessly clean rooms, a warm welcome from Maica, well looked after by Wilmur, breakfast laid out in a delightful sitting room each morning contained fresh produce, something a little difference each day. Local restaurant & friendly tapas bar within easy walking distance. A perfect alternative to staying in Santiago de Compostela. Address recognised by Apple Maps. Beautiful house, wonderful welcome.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2015

I echo the sentiment of many of the other people who have stayed here and written about it on Tripadvisor, particularly Hannah below, who says that she would return to Spain just to stay at Pazo Cibran. We loved Santiago, but even if we had not, Maica and Chino (Wilmur) made us so welcome and comfortable, we would make a special trip just to spend a week at the relaxing, idyllic Pazo. We went to Pazo Cibran with my small dog, and she was treated like a little princess--was thrilled running around the immense grounds and hanging out with Wilmur while we visited Santiago. We would have liked to stay even longer than the three days that were scheduled. Beautiful, immense grounds, comfortable accommodations, lovely public spaces, delicious food...but ultimately what won our hearts over was the incredible hospitality and openness of the hosts. I would highly recommend going to Meson Roberto down the road and doing their Pazo Cibran menu. For fifteen euros, you will have a delicious three course meal. It was the restaurant deal of our whole trip.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey W
Reviewed February 16, 2015

I will return to Spain in order to stay at Pazo Cibran again. I guess you could call it a hidden gem as it is just outside the city of Santiago De Compostela. Maica (the owner) was one of the most touching people I met while on a 4 month journey through Europe. She made me feel completely at home, going out of her way to do anything and everything in order to make me feel that way. The food is unspeakably good, traditional, and fresh. One night turned into three, and I will be back again one day. Obviously, Pazo Cibran is highly recommended. Beautiful and serene location, amazing service, amazing staff, clean, and warm! Plus, it is only a quick ride to the city of Santiago De Compostela(about 8 miles), a Spanish MUST see.----thank you Maica and Whelmer!!Xx

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo