All reviews club paradise coron island tour boat ride table tennis hiking trail infinity pool siete picados dugong dive center walk in closet karaoke room busuanga airport main restaurant secluded island water activities fish feeding kayangan lake paddle boards
Reviewed July 11, 2017

My husband and I together with our two girls were here on 6/13-6/17/17. This was our first trip to Coron. The positive reviews I've read and particularly the beachfront cabanas led us to this place. I’m glad that it did not disappoint. I made my reservations in February through the resort via email for it was not listed in any travel sites that far ahead. Reena Dizon, the reservations officer who help me with my reservation was very responsive, professional and had answered all my questions within a short period of time given the Phil-US time difference (Kudos for an excellent customer service!).
Everything went smooth. From the moment they picked us up from the airport until they drop us off, the experience was just amazing! The personalized service was top notch. The staff were very friendly, accommodating and always put on a smile. Shout out to Marjo for taking care of us and organizing a wonderful surprise birthday for my daughter (many thanks to the staff for making my daughter’s birthday extra special), Randy, our Coron Island Tour guide was very attentive and made us feel safe throughout the tour, Charm at the front desk, the staff at the spa, restaurant and boatmen - just wanted to thank you all for making our stay so much enjoyable!
I enjoyed the varieties of food selections and food presentation at the restaurant (Filipino, Western, Italian, Asian etc.). The price could be a bit pricey for locals but compared to the prices in the States, it’s very reasonable. Portion was just right and the food we ordered were all delicious. You can also ask for the merienda menu if you want some sandwiches (the Fish Karaage was our favorite).
We stayed at Cabana# 5 which had wifi and the signal was excellent. The room was clean and could fit us four comfortably (my girls each had their own twin size bed). No TV in the room?... who needs it when there’s so much to do/enjoy in the great outdoors (watching the sunset from the cabana was just amazing and we’ve seen a few fireflies at night too!). Security personnel was visible throughout our stay. There’s so much free stuff to do at the resort… kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling, beach volley with the staff to name a few. We had a massage done at the floating spa and that was awesome!
This place is a piece of paradise. We truly enjoyed the peace and quiet moments here. We had a blast and wished we could have stayed longer.

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank Kay5858
Reviewed June 29, 2017

The place is a Paradise! A very relaxing resort and a unique place to spend your vacation. We enjoyed our stay and I can say that it is a trip worthwhile. Shoutout
to Darren, Marjo who took care of us. I definitely will recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here from June 21-24 2017. It's a 20 minutes van ride from the airport and 15 minutes boat ride to get to El Rio. We were welcomed by the singing staff at Port Caltom Reef Bar.

Pros:
The room's good, spacious, clean, has a good wifi connection, complete toiletries, mini bar.

Relaxing and very beautiful ambiance. The beach is very clean, well taken care of, clear water, you can see the corals, star fish, and school of Talakitok just under the Port Caltom Reef Bar.

Hammocks everywhere, "beach chairs" everywhere.

Activities: Snorkeling, Paddle Board, Kayak, Beach Volleyball, karaoke, dart, pingpong

The barista in Reef Bar was so accommodating, always smiling.

The woman in the reception area was so nice too.

Cons:

You have no choice but to eat in their restaurant. That's okay if they will improve the taste of their food. We ordered steak on our first day and it's the worst steak we've tasted ever.

Other restaurant staff didn't pay attention to their guests. They just chitchat. So they forgot your order and the food's not hot when served. They even served us overcooked/burnt shrimp

I suggest you order Crabs, Chinese style beef broccoli, chicken popcorn, fried noodles.

Island Hopping/Escapade is so expensive here. 7-8 thousand per person. So I suggest, you do that in Coron Town before going here.

Spa services, massage are also very expensive.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fhelannie J
Reviewed June 23, 2017

Me and my Fiance stayed here for 4D3N and the experience we had was just phenomenal. The management did a great job in instilling 'customer service/satisfaction' on their staffs.

The resort is located on the other side of Coron so it makes sense that going to Coron town from the resort can cost you. You have to ride a van for about 20-25 minutes to their private port. Then another 15-20 minutes in the calm river out to the open sea up to the resort. After talking with a couple of their staff, We found out that the resort bought the right of way going to their private port so no public transportation available though. You have to rent a van for 4500 just to take you to Coron town and back.

If you plan to go on an island tour via the resort, It can cost you as well since they are on the other end of the island. It was just good timing as well when a couple of the resort guests planned to go on island hopping the next day. It costed us 4375 each for the island tour. Quite pricey but at least it was private and limited us and the resort guests only.

Daily breakfast was good as well. Food is quite pricey at first glance but the serving is already good for 2-3 persons.

The rooms also had good view and is very close to the beach. Just about 5-10 steps.

It is evident that the resort and facilities are well maintained. From the kayaks to the life jackets to the umbrellas to the utensils down to the bed and pillows. They even have umbrella racks on almost all part of the resort just in case it rains or if it is too sunny, You can just use any of the umbrellas anytime. :)

We just didn't get the chance to try their diving course and their floating spa and the trail to the hunter's peak but we will be definitely be back to try those!

Just hope that they include the round trip transfers in the room rates and add more choices for food.

All in all, This was one of the best place I've ever been here in the Philippines. From the facilities, services of their staff, view, food and the responsiveness. It was a great experience all in all.

Room Tip: Get the room numbers 1-7(Left Side) as it has a more direct view of the beach. Rooms on the right side of the resort have trees in front.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is the tangible definition of paradise.

Our 4-days stay there is so memorable that we will tell stories of it to all our friends and family. It's just that fantastic!

The service crew are all professional! 10/10!Whether you're a local or an expat, the crew will serve everyone with their full attention. Other hotels we've been to have a bit of a discrimination against locals-El Rio y Mar, on the other hand sets the highest standard of how a hotel crew should work.

You need booze? their bartender Jay-Jay is your savior! He's one awesome dude!

Lastly, if you're in need of some thrill, book a diving adventure with their dive master Marvin. We loved our first diving experience so much that we plan to have a level 1 diving license!

10/10 will return. Keep up the great work guys!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple