All reviews club paradise coron island tour boat ride table tennis hiking trail infinity pool siete picados dugong dive center walk in closet karaoke room busuanga airport main restaurant secluded island water activities fish feeding kayangan lake paddle boards
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Place is beautiful and a great get away to relax. If you are the stay in one place and just relax then this is for you. Staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Breakfast buffet is inclusive but lunch and dinner are plated or ala carte and a bit pricey. However the portions are huge so you can share. You can even ask them to keep your leftovers and reheat them for your next meal. Downside is that due to it's remote location, traveling to and from the city center and the island tours takes time, patches of rough roads and additional expense. Hopefully the resort in the future would offer a package that's all inclusive of all meals and exclusive private boat tours to the islands so that it would be hassle free for the guests. And for travelers, highly suggest starting your Coron trip booking a hotel near the city center for easy access of the tours then cap your trip to relax at El Rio for some me time. It's relatively nearer to the airport.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank karing82
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

I have chosen this resort based on reviews. Me and my husband came to The Philippines for our annual vacation as we work and live in Dubai. We always make sure that we visit one of the "must see" places in The Philippines every holiday. Me, my husband and my sister decided to visit Coron and it was the best among the places we have ever visited in the country so far and we will definitely return. In general, the people in Coron are very kind and genuine.

El rio y mar is located in a remote island and hence, it is way too far from the city. Each time we want to go to the city or go for tour packages, you have to pay a boat transfer 1,000 pesos per person, which I think is way too expensive. Although I loved the resort, the pricing range is expensive in general. Probably it's because the resort is located in a remote island. So save a lot of money if you want to stay here. Otherwise, you will be disappointed in choosing this resort. Nevertheless, the staff are very accommodating and helpful. The food was great although the restaurant was under renovation. Facilities were also good but not the type of beach I want to swim at. Our room was spacious enough for 3 adults but they lack of toiletries and quality was not good so be sure to bring your toiletries.

Another suggestion is to book your island tour packages from a travel agency. Trust me, the resort charges you 70% more if you book with them.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay in the resort and in Coron itself. Can't wait to go back to Coron but I think the next time we will visit, we will stay at another resort.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsNMumtaz
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

If you want to enjoy an escape from the busy hectic city life, go there. A great private resort with beach bungalows/cottages. No TV and basic primitive lifestyle to go back to basics. But don't be fooled. Whatever you need to make your stay convenient is available (WiFi, Laundry, etc.). What can make the place even better are: 1. To have a number of restaurants (only one now), 2. Entertainment and activities program (now only one 2-persons music band, no dancing or shows for example), 3. More variety on food menu, 4. Offer more kids-convenient food selection, 5. Offer kids centers and babysitting services, 6. Clean the beach (remove the stones and other stuff). The only thing I found it challenging is the transportation from/to the resort. The only way to reach there is by a boat that takes you from a 20min-away small primitive port, then a long 30min ride to the town. Even this service is not available after 6pm (it is completely dark all over the place). However, the staff and reception manager were very friendly and helped in all ways possible. I recommend this place to any person who wants to enjoy quite, magnificent nature and views.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AhmedJan76
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

I can only say praises to this resort. The service and the location were impeccable. Of all the hotels I've visited this one's my favorite. El Rio Y Mar made my Papa's 66th bday a memorable one.

Special shoutout to Chenee and Janine from their Manila office who was able to hand me the polo shirt I left in our hotel room.

Service is top notch. It's just so heartwarming to see everyone greet you with genuine smiles.

Please try to snorkel in the resort at around 8a. The variety of fish is just.. WOW! I loved it!

Free snorkeling, kayak, snorkeling masks, fins, volleyball, hiking etc. What more can you ask for?

Can't wait to get back!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights at the resort. Almost everything was perfect-
Exceptional staff, beautiful nature, great rooms and other facilities.

The only downside is that it's very remote, so you can't get around on your own. You need to take a boat and a minivan to get anywhere and that's very expensive. And if you're not a diver there's little you can do in regards of activities.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple