All reviews small hotel open fire comfortable room friendly welcome aviemore area cooked to perfection a wonderful stay short break three nights full scottish breakfast porridge loch alvie fires steven lounge dog drambuie
Reviewed August 6, 2017

My sales area is the green bit of land between Thurso and Penzance, and although I have to travel a lot I have the pleasure of meeting new people, places, hotels and restaurants.

I found this place by chance and I am so glad I did, a beautiful location at the side of Loch Alvie, with an amazing set of staff, the hotel has charm and personality, the rooms are very good but the absolute star is the food, I promise you will not get a better meal in a hotel in the UK, full stop.

We stayed here two nights and on both occassions the food was simply first class, and I enjoy good food let me tell you!!

Perfect location for travelling north south east or west, we went up to Dalwhinnie then to Cragganmore and Cardhu distilleries, played golf at Carrbridge and it's not more than half an hour up or down the A9.

I will be back here next week for food even though I have been booked into a different hotel a bit further away, I can't wait to return here half a dozen times a year !!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2017

My second visit here was as good as the first. Staff were stretched on the night of my visit but were still cheery and helpful. Checkin was easy and i was given the same room as on my last visit. It looks out over a rear yard and the mountains and is very comfortable. Wi-fi is available. The breakfast menu is extensive and service efficient.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2017

My husband and I recently stayed attending sisters wedding. This hotel provided an amazing setting with friendly staff for whom nothing was too much trouble. The room was spotless, the food brilliant enabling a brilliant experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2017

We had family arriving for our small wedding. We all stayed at the hotel and the wedding ceremony and reception was held here.
The rooms were very comfortable and spotlessly clean with everything you need for a comfortable stay.
The wedding was wonderful, staff organised things so well, nothing was too much trouble and the ceremony area was beautifully set out. We dined in the private dining room and we couldn't have asked for more. The room was just wonderful, decorated so beautifully and the meal was fantastic.
All the staff made everyone feel so welcome, nothing was too much trouble and they were on hand to help at any time. All the guests said they really enjoyed their stay and it was just a fantastic weekend. Breakfast was excellent with great choices, I would recommend the smoked haddock and cheese omelette.
This is a beautiful hotel in lovely grounds and we just loved it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2017

Our room was comfortable and quiet. We had dinner and drinks at the hotel, both of which were great. There are many different areas, indoor and out, where you can sit and have a drink, chat, or even play board games. My only complaint is that, while it says on their website that they will do light laundry, we were told that this isn't the case when we asked about it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple