I have just returned from 8 nights at the Fujairah Rotana Resort and Spa.
Rooms - we had a premier balcony room and found the bed to be very comfortable. The walk in shower was absolute bliss. The room was adequate size and we were very pleased.
Staff - second to none and an absolute credit to the hotel. We found all staff to be very courteous, friendly and happy.
Bars - there was a lovely beach bar called Sharkeys with lovely rattan furniture on the beach. There was another bar called Tropicana and this was open until 1am. There could have been more entertainment in this bar as it seemed to have the same band each evening followed by a DJ and on one night a week a belly dancer.
Food - the breakfast was a good selection and catered for all nationalities but no bacon for the British (unlike Le Meridien next door)! We were all inclusive but didn't eat during the day so cannot comment on the lunches. The food in the evenings was nice but very repetitive. They could perhaps introduce a Barbeque night one night for a change.
Location - we have been to Fujairah before so know that there isn't really anything to do outside the hotel and you are 2 hours from Dubai itself so quite a distance for a day trip. The hotel itself is located right on the beach, which has a variety of water sports and diving facilities.
Pool - fantastic pool, which was chilled in the evenings and ideal for the high temperatures of the days. The pool had a swim up bar and a separate area for children with a slide.
Overall, we were very happy with the hotel and were sad to come home. We had one issue and when raising with the hotel manager, Hossam, he acted very professionally and efficiently and resolved our issue. There is a wonderful spa within the grounds and I had a fantastic aromatherapy massage one evening. The hotel stands in immaculate grounds and these are constantly maintained by a group of gardeners. The hotel is spotlessly clean.
Negatives : Not having milkshakes as part of the all inclusive package like Le Meridien and also the all inclusive package ending at 11pm in the Tropicana bar instead of 1am when it closes.
Also free wifi would have been nice. Le Meridien next door has an area in their reception where guests can use computers to log onto internet or their emails but Rotana charged £2 for 15 mins or £6 for an hour.
We would definitely return to this hotel and would recommend anyone to visit for a lovely relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the glistening shores of the Indian Ocean and the magnificent Hajar mountain range, the five-star Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa is a true retreat for guests seeking the ultimate getaway, from fun-filled family vacations and relaxed group stays to romantic breaks for couples. Swaying palms, picturesque water features, lush green gardens and a pristine sandy beach create a tranquil setting for this resort haven on the Fujairah coast. All 250 rooms and suites are designed with comfort and relaxation in mind, reflecting the casual atmosphere of this palazzo-style resort with its sun-washed terraces, balconies and manicured gardens. The tempting collection of six diverse casual-dining options includes the Waves Beach Restaurant and the Tropicana sunken pool bar, while secluded beach and garden spaces play host to a range of events, from weddings and private parties to team-building and al fresco meetings. All venues can be customised to suit the occasion, with three flexible indoor meeting rooms and a spacious ballroom. Promising fun and relaxation, resort facilities include two swimming pools, the Flipper’s Kid’s Club, Zen the spa at Rotana, Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club, exclusive Tropicana Beach Club, and a private beach, home to an exciting range of activities, from beach volleyball to PADI-certified diving and water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fujairah Rotana Resort & Spa - Al Aqah Beach Hotel Fujairah
- Fujairah Rotana Resort And Spa - Al Aqah Beach
- Fujairah Rotana Hotel
- Rotana Fujairah
- Rotana Resort
- Rotana Hotel Fujairah