“Wonderful French Restaurant”

Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Rodney Bay
Price range: US$25 - US$80
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Jacques Waterfront Dining is one of St. Lucia’s most popular restaurants, with a long-standing reputation for consistency in both the quality of the food and the service with which it is delivered. We recently re-opened in a new and exciting waterfront location in the heart of Rodney Bay. This intimate and elegant restaurant right on the edge of the marina is set within the beautiful gardens of Harmony Suites Hotel, with superb uninterrupted views of the marina and hills beyond. Find us just off the main street in Rodney Bay, first right after the East Caribbean Village condo complex. Chef Jacques is well travelled, having worked in Africa, the Middle East and Far East, and enjoys bringing his various culinary experiences into his cuisine. When asked about his style of cuisine he likes to talk of fusion. French and Caribbean cuisines are melded using his French cooking experience and the wonderful Caribbean flavours that are available to him on a daily basis.
Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

My family of 6 visited Jacques in December 2015. We wanted a break from the resort food and checked Trip Advisor for suggestions. So glad we did! We live in the NYC area and have access to pretty good French restaurants. This one is worth the visit. Appetizers were excellent - the salmon parcel especially. I had the seafood soup, which I loved A great broth with rich flavors. The fresh catch was nicely done and the scallops were a huge hit. Jacque lives up to expectations of a French restaurant with his sauces and flavors. The reviews of the creme brûlée were right on. Don't miss it.

Reviewed January 1, 2016

Being my first trip to St Lucia I quickly discovered the Rodney Bay area of the island has limited selection of good food and reasonable service.

One thing I've noticed is the service runs on island time, which is reasonable to expect but in the same breath you don't want to feel neglected or left alone and unfortunately on a couple of dining experiences I felt exactly like that. Not even neglected I'd like to use a more appropriate word, snubbed :).

On a morning walk along Reduit Beach Ave, at the end of the road, I looked across a long parking lot and noticed a very well maintained building on the water by the name of Jacques waterfront dining. Immediately a positive impression was recorded as alot of the area restaurants are poorly conditioned both inside and out.

Later that night, searching for restaurants on TripAdvisor, Jacques came up high on the ranking and with the positive impression in the memory bank and minutes from hotel we headed over.

Without reservations the staff were very accommodating and sat us by the window, overlooking the water.

All the staff were extremely pleasant and engaging and quickly brought the drinks and an amuse bouche.

We split the duck salad appetizer and my friend ordered the Mahi Mahi and I the scallops.

The scallops were perfectly prepared and came with and assortment of interesting sides which both entrees shared. From memory there was red cabbage, a turnip puree and two or three other taste bud exciters that rounded out the symphony of flavours.

We loved the setting, the staff and food that we are booking tomorrow night as well.

This restaurant is a little off the map, I highly recommend finding it and your treasure awaits!

Reviewed January 1, 2016

I had read good things about this place so we booked a night during the week between Xmas and New Years and were disappointed with the experience. Our service was very slow to the point that the hostess acknowledged it twice offering us a complimentary after dinner drink the second time. We might have overlooked it, but the food as well was only average for the price. Every entree had exactly the same side items as if the plates were prepared on an assembly line with the main item plopped on at the last minute (and in my case, that was over cooked). Maybe we caught them on a bad night, but we left not impressed.

Reviewed December 28, 2015

Great food and wine....even accommodated our picky children. A little pricey but nice atmosphere , good service and food was excellent

Reviewed December 15, 2015

Thoroughly enjoyable food(French /Caribbean ) and location on the water over looking the marina.Owner on site and attentive with helpful staff.