“Good for a stay”

Bay Gardens Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rodney Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The hotel is a 20 minute drive from the small airport, but much more from the large airport.
At checkin, I was forced to wait for the bellman to walk me to the room -- the front desk person simply wouldn't let me go to the room alone, which I thought was strange.
There were little ants running around, especially in the bathroom.
There are lots of restaurants nearby.
The wifi in the room was strong and worked well.
The room had a fridge.
I had an excellent off season rate, so the price was right!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank travelsaroundUSA
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Thank you for staying with us.

We offer a very personalized service to our valued guests and escorting guests to their room forms part of our welcome procedure. Our Front Office Agents always ensure that there is no delay in getting our guests to their rooms. Ants are common in our part of the world, but we work constantly to eradicate this nuisance.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 September 2012

This was ideal for us for what was a short 2 night visit to St Lucia away from our main holiday base in Martinique. Great for its location in the 'touristy' Rodney Bay Area. There is a regular shuttle from the hotel to the main Bay Gardens Resort complex which is a bit more 'upmarket', and as a guest of the hotel you are also entitled to access the facilities and beach at the Resort complex. This makes it ideal if your budget doesn't stretch to staying at the Resort.

We were there to see as much of the island as we could in 2 days, so we hired a car and were away from the hotel most of the time. The staff were friendly and facilities and grounds can't be faulted. We did have to be moved from our originally assigned room within minutes of arrival however. This was due to the fact there were ants in the bed (and we weren't talking just one or two ants!). We had a 9 month old in tow and my wife wasn't going to stay until the ants were removed! The staff responded well moving us to a new and upgraded Junior Suite on the other side of the hotel at no extra cost.

Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, if you are on a budget and want good value for money. But go for the Bay Garden Resort on the beach front if your budget can extend to that.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jtwtraveller
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

You are correct; our resorts offer something for everyone. Being able to access the amenities for 3 resorts while only staying in one is our gift to our guests. It is unfortunate about the ant incident, but this was an isolated incident and we’re happy that it didn’t put a downer on your vacation.

We truly appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

This was a good value place. Not too big a sprawling complex, next door to shopping centres, and a kilometre's worth of restaurants. The more expensive sister property is a sprawling complex, a kilometre away, with the spa, travel desk, etc, to which you can access with an hourly shuttle or a 15-minute walk. You can find a happy hour at either property or some other special events just about everything. So a good spot for a holiday, even if there is nothing particularly outstanding about the food. Service was also a bit unpredictable and undependable, despite people being very nice. For business, however, the internet was unstable. And you would need to have transportation to the city or other meeting venues, and taxis are not cheap. But apparently the location - Rodney Bay - is highly desirable for holiday makers.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank vivian2010_10
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Thank you for staying with us. Rodney Bay is indeed a great location for holiday makers; it also works for business persons because it is quickly becoming a top commercial hub on the island and is only 15 – 20 minutes away from the city.

The hotel’s three conference rooms make it ideal for meetings or conferences, with great accommodation as a plus. Our internet is generally stable, and we are working with our service provide to ensure even better delivery of that service.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel while on vacation earlier this year and I thought that the location of the hotel was ideal, there is a supermarket right next door along with several restaurants within walking distance. The free hotel shuttle also provides trips to their beach resort throughout the day so that was a plus. We booked a standard room which was adequate for 2, it was very clean and had the usual coffee maker and complimentary coffee in the room. Don't expect any fancy decor or even flat screen tvs, the room was pretty basic but it allowed for a good night's rest. For those on a budget I would recommend this hotel because of the overall value. Its a great base to see all the sights and sounds of beautiful St.Lucia.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jaz131s

Our location is indeed one of the factors that make this an ideal place to stay. We’re constantly taking steps toward improving the quality of our offerings. You will be very pleased to know that flat screen televisions are being added to our rooms and we continue to update the furnishings as well.
We hope to see you again in the future when you'll get another chance to experience our updated hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was the best stay I have since visiting st.lucia, the room was wonderfully kept, love the welcome gift.......and the receptionists was soooooo nice, well mannered and always ready to help with a smile, must mentioned Jocquline, Gail and my next good friend who's name I can't remember but she know who she is, I tip my hat to you all.......I will stay at bay gardens hotel again and will recommend it anyone...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 27 August 2012

After checking in to a lovely room at Bay Gardens Hotel, I was excited to head down to the restaurant for dinner with my husband. The whole experience was a disappointment. When we walked in, the lady at the bar pointed to a seat that was available. The a lady by the name of Ms Claudia came across and gave us the Summerlicious menu. After ten minutes she came back to take our order and asked if we wanted water. About twenty minutes later she walks in with our appetizer and serves us half glasses of water.

My husband did try to enjoy this since, even though half of it was cold and the other half was warm. Then the nightmare! Ms Claudia took about twenty minutes to bring in the main course. You can imagine how I felt to see a plate with hard white rice, brown broccoli and fish with some custard on it. The minute the plate was put down in front of us, we took a strange odour like it was spoiled. So of course, Ms Claudia saw me sniffing the broccoli and with attitude asked what was wrong with it. I told he it smelt funny and she just walked away. She then came back ten minutes later and ask if we wanted something else. Of course I was pissed when I couldnt find a manager on duty to deal with this issue. She then picks the plates up and just walks away, never apologizes or anything.

Then of course we're about ready to go and she asks if we want dessert, I said no thanks. She brings the bill in and I notice that we were charged for a full meal. At this point, I'm fuming because no one has apologised and Ms Claudia is more upset with us for not liking the food. Anyway, I had to head over to Big Chef to try to make the best of the rest of the evening.

I am an ambassador for my country and I always encourage people to give back and spend their money at the hotels and restaurants locally but I will never be going back to Bay Gardens Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank GussieGrim

Thank you for being our guest and for providing your honest feedback on the situation. It is very unfortunate when one issue ruins an otherwise great stay. This situation is unique and not one that we’ve taken lightly. We appreciate all of our guests and want everyone who stays with us to have a great experience.

We would like to make this right and change your mind about visiting us again in the future. Please email me at kstlouis@baygardensresorts.com so we can discuss this further.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Excellent location, very close to Rodney Bay actually just around the corner like 5 mins walk to the nightlife, casino, clubs, shops, restaurants, supermarket even the Police station lol. The friendliness of the St. Lucian hospitality really comes out as everyone in the hotel trys their best to make your stay the best. The price was excellent for such a great location being close to so much restaurants etc. The hotel is clean and tidy and the room I had was the best, a king size bed and very spacious. Taxi's are located outside the hotel, day and night so you never have to wait.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Coco Palm Resort
#2 of 6 in Rodney Bay
0.8 km away
Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa

Been to Bay Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!