1,354 results
All reviews sister hotel st lucia shuttle service hourly shuttle superior room enjoyed my stay hotel restaurant breakfast was included reduit beach home away from home roti rum punch beach chairs bars and restaurants gros islet the general manager pigeon island
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel with my two children. Reception area small but staff very welcoming. Room was lovely and clean with all facilities such as fridge kettle etc.. opened the patio doors on to the pool area which was ideal for the children. Got 6 free passes for the waterpark at the sister hotel.. got 1 hour but and it was definitely long enough then spent the rest of the day in the beach. There's plenty of water sports. Really cannot find any faults with the hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank donnaellis077
Reviewed August 30, 2017

The Bay Gardens properties were the base hotels for a film festival I performed for. This property is one of three Bay Gardens properties in Rodney Bay which is walking distance from the mall, casino, convenience stores and restaurants. There is a shuttle that leaves every hour for Reduit Beach at the Bay Gardens Resort where you will have full use of all of their amenities. The staff at the resort on the beach were phenomenal. I would suggest bringing your own face towels as there were none in my room and it took housekeeping almost 24 hours to find me one face towel. (That's my mistake because I normally bring them when traveling internationally.) The rooms were exceptionally clean--I had no use for the cleanser that I travel with. The king room I was assigned did not allow for much room to store my luggage, however, there was plenty of closet space once I unpacked. If you are traveling as a couple, you will have to stack your luggage in a corner in order to maneuver throughout the room. The breakfasts which were included with the room rate were very tasty. I would have like to have seen more than pork on the menu every day, though. Clendon, the karaoke guy is very fun and accommodating. All of the staff were phenomenal. Germain the bartender became a good friend. :-)

Room Tip: There are no elevators. If mobility is a problem, request a room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

After travelling since 3am, my family arrived at the hotel around 8.30 to he told that despite our room not being occupied, it is not ready for us to check in and occupy.
Thus far we have been kept waiting in a reception area with no fan or air conditioning for 4 hours.....stay tuned!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
baygardensresorts, Guest Experience Manager at Bay Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us during your check in process. Our guaranteed check in time for the Hotel is 4 pm, however we do apologize for the long wait as fours hours is not our standard. I will discuss this with our senior management. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you on your experience here at Bay Gardens Hotel

Reviewed August 20, 2017

I am not sure where to start to review this hotel. Driving into the drop off area I notice the bright and 'loud, out-there' colours of the buildings, yes typical of the Caribbean, but this place is so amazingly bright, unique and so quirky. From the moment we were greeted with a rum punch on arrival by the staff of Bay Gardens Hotel, in particular Richard, I fell in love with the place.

The hotel itself is wonderful. There are many rooms available so we were lucky to have a second floor room with a balcony overlooking the pool area. It was lovely to sit and enjoy the breeze in the evening and listen to the activity below with guests playing in the pool or dining in the dining area not far from our room. The room itself was a good size, comfortable and well appointed, with very comfortable beds and a good bathroom with a bathtub!

About Richard, what a man! So warm, so welcoming, so sincere, so helpful, and so so very very good at his job. In all the years I have spent travelling and all the destinations I have travelled to, I have never come across such a helpful, enthusiastic and brilliant front line person before. Richard's customer service skills are 5 star and absolutely faultless.

Day 2 into our stay we let Richard know that the air conditioner in our room was not working. He immediately had it looked at, but by day 4 with the aircon still not working, Richard moved us into an self contained unit towards the back of the hotel. The unit had a full kitchen, a large bedroom, a good size bathroom with a bathtub, dining area, lounge with small outdoor patio area leading outdoors. It was in a quiet part of the hotel grounds and we appreciated the position of it. From the 'back door' /patio area of our unit was a small pool which was very private and felt like our own personal pool. We did not expect this HUGE upgrade but were very thankful for the kindness and understanding (and air-conditioning) shown by Richard. Thank you Richard, we appreciated everything you did for us and all your fun and enjoyable chats. We also appreciated your divine singing voice at 'Karoke night' when you sang "L-O-V-E". What an impressive effort and awesome singing voice. Is there anything this man can't do??

The hotel is positioned on a main street of the tourist section in Rodney Bay. It is a 20 minute walk to the beach but there is a free shuttle that leaves every 30 minutes or so to arrive at the Bay Gardens Resort located on the beach front. I preferred to walk each day as there was always something to see happening in the street. There are many shops in the local area to browse through also. The main road leading to the beach has several market stalls selling local in season fruit and art and craft goods.

The hotel has a restaurant and we dined here several times during our stay. The restaurant also has themed nights, e.g. Italian night, Caribbean Creole night, Asian night. The breakfast buffet was a great way to start the day, lots of choice and freshly cooked options depending on how you like to have your eggs for breakfast. A special thank you to Alma for her great customer service and for greeting us with a huge smile each morning. We highly recommend the restaurant for meals as the food quality and service is excellent.

Other facilities at the hotel include three swimming pools, restaurant, bar, (very good cocktails) shuttle bus,(thank you to the beautiful gentleman Elias, the bus driver) and conference rooms. There was also a cocktail 'party' for guests each week so if you are lucky enough to be there for this event, be sure you make the time to attend. Note to self: go easy and pace yourself with the rum cocktails, they are lethal!

Thank you for a thoroughly enjoyable stay, we loved every minute of your hospitality. Thank you also for the special dinner that was prepared for us on the function room terrace, it was perfect for our occasion and your food and service once again was brilliant. (We were the Sports Symposium from Canberra University Australia - 24 May to 1 June)

Finally, Australia is a long way from the Caribbean but there is no way we would decline another opportunity to visit your beautiful country St Lucia, and of course stay at Bay Gardens Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Nunngo
Reviewed August 18, 2017

My boyfriend and i recently returned from our stay in st lucia. It was by far a relaxing and amazing experience and majorly due to the friendly staff at Bay gardens hotel. Being from the islands ourselves (Trinidad and Tobago) we had high expectations. The staff as mentioned before were very helpful not only in the hotel that we stayed at but their sister hotels as well. The convenience of booking tours, dinning and being catered to at all three hotel branches was a treat. i highly recommend making a reservation for the "
lo-tide" restaurant at the resort.. the food was fantastic! If you desire extra amenities such as spa treatment etc the resort has all onsite and its available to all bay garden guests at all 3 properties. Also if you just want a massage but not the spa price there is an on the beach masseuse who services guests via the minutes. Thus $3 us dollars = 3 minute massage, so you pay for how long you want your massage to last. We took a catamaran tour of the island "tout-bagay" to be specific which offered us the ability to do so much in a short span of time from the hot springs to the waterfalls and snorkelling at conche bay. it was heavenly. The front desk arranged our tours and the staff even helped us to travel like locals as it was much cheaper than taking the hotel taxis. local travel will cost you $2.70 EC compared to some taxi prices of $20 us dollars. the bus stop was located right outside the hotel and its less than 5 mins walking distance to all the duty free shopping and restaurants surrounding rodney bay area. The hotel itself is owned by the St lucian government and i must say they have been doing a great job. i worried for nothing on this trip and enjoyed every drop of it. The only suggestion i have, is that the hotel shuttles should run more frequent (they are free btw!!) too often i found myself waiting impatiently for the shuttle to arrive and requesting from staff when it would arrive. though the shuttle times are provided at each hotel they still run late. Fix that and you get top dollar for your money! will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
baygardensresorts, Guest Experience Manager at Bay Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that our staff were hospitable and helpful to you. Customer service is a priority to us and so it is very good to know that you enjoyed the efforts of our team.

We're also glad that you were able to take advantage of some of our great activities available to guests like the ‘Tout Bagay’ Catamaran Day Tour. A tour that allows you to visit and enjoy some of the islands most popular sites and activities like the Soufriere Waterfall, Mud Baths, Sulphur Springs, West Coast Beach for swimming or snorkeling and more.

Feedback from all our guests are welcomed and appreciated and we apologize if the delay of the shuttle service caused you any inconvenience. With that said we will look into ways of providing a more efficient shuttle service as we understand the value of your time. However we are still very pleased that your stay was a relaxing and amazing experience and we thank you for choosing The Bay Gardens Hotel. It would be a pleasure to have you and yours with us again.