All reviews glass wall star hotel indoor pool north side rental car sao miguel bar menu mountain view an ocean view room main restaurant modern hotel hot and cold items sauna and turkish bath breakfast buffet ocean front walking trails large variety
Reviewed September 5, 2018

The free breakfast is not very delicious.This hotel is in an isolated location. The ground is not nice but the staff are quite good and friendly. Food is not so good but very overpriced. The pool is very cold and the water is not very clean.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Stayed at Pedras do Mar with husband and three kids ages 18, 16 & 13 for 5 nights in late August. Loved every minute of our stay on the island and the resort. The reception and staff were all friendly and offered lots of information! Would recommend a car rental if staying at this location. The breakfast was excellent...the fruits & pastries were fresh and tasty and there were lots of options! The sweeping views are beautiful and we even swam with the kids in the natural pools ….be careful however, as the current and waves are really strong here. We really did love everything about our stay at this resort...especially the STAFF!

NOTE: I was concerned with bathroom being a glass wall with a shade since my three daughters were sharing a room. It is a bit odd to have the glass wall and you can see right through the shade if the light is on in the bathroom. Since we had two rooms, it wasn't too much of an issue to shower in shifts. If you leave the bathroom lights off, the shade works fine and you cannot see in to the room. If you need privacy in the bathroom, then this may be an issue.

Room tip: get a water view, for sure!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018

The hotel sits on a cliff overlooking the ocean. We have an ocean view room and it was very nice to sit out on all day, it faced north. The staff was wonderful and very pleasant. We did not have any trouble with service. The pace is slower than the US so get used to island time.We had the Sunday night buffet and I admit, I was not impressed. We did have dinner in the dining room a couple of other nights and it was wonderful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. They have an area by the bar that is outside where you can get sandwiches and drinks. The staff speaks excellent English and are very helpful. You do need a car however if you want to see more of the island. This would be true if you stayed any where on the island. Breakfast is included and has a great variety of things to eat. Try the Sao Gorge cheese, it is delicious! I can't say whether the hotel caters to families but there were a lot of families there and the kids looked like they were having a blast.

Room tip: I think the ocean view rooms are great. You see the ocean from your balcony and they face north.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I just came back from staying a week at this lovely resort. It is in a secluded area about a 15 minute drive outside of Ponta Delgada. I have read comments knocking the location and noting that it’s far away. It’s not far away and, frankly, there isn’t a whole lot to do in Ponta Delgada. The setting of this hotel is just stunning. Pictures don’t really do it justice. The hotel is decorated in a clean, minimal style, that emphasizes wood, stone and neutral colors. The buffet breakfast has a nice selection of hot and cold items. The hotel has a nice looking restaurant that serves lunch and dinner. To say it’s on the
pricey side is relative, as things on the island are generally inexpensive. The food looks very attractive, but it’s pretty awful. I had to send two different meals back, because they were completely raw. The waitstaff, for the most part, are young, inexperienced and slow. If you’re aspiring to a fine dining experience, the service should reflect that. It doesn’t. This isn’t a five star facility, as we understand that rating in the U.S., but it’s a very nice hotel and I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I have to agree with other reviews that this hotel is far from five stars. My biggest problem is the noise, and I think others should be aware. I specifically asked for a quiet room as I’m noise sensitive but there’s just no sound proofing between rooms. You hear conversations and constant movement. The doors are also problematic as they’re constantly being slammed. It’s also a pain that you can only have 2 towels for the pool (it sucks when you go to the beach) and that the pool itself isn’t heated. It’s a nice property in a peaceful location but I just can’t stay here again given the unecessary noise.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank EFH45