Food is of the highest quality and reflects the skills of good chefs, however let down by thoughtless management who put tables of two in a room with a party and children on a Friday night. A nice dinner out became a eat and let's leave as we can't hear ourselves talk. And what's even better typical french waiter who knows more about food than any one else and dumps food and runs. No explanation or pleasentrys. The chefs work very hard and they are let down by the team front of house. Would I go again ? For the food yes for the service no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheatsheaf is situated in large terraced gardens overlooking the village of Combe Hay in idyllic countryside just 10 minutes drive from the centre of Bath. The Wheatsheaf is a haven of contemporary rustic chic, preserving the best of the past and enhancing the present. Real Ales, local Cider and an impressive, as well as attractively economical Wine List are still available from the Bar and only the very best of local and home grown produce is used in the preparation and cooking of the stylish and mouth-watering food in the Restaurant. The open log fire warms and welcomes in the Autumn and Winter, during Spring and Summer the Terrace and garden beckon. The Wheatsheaf is a place for all seasons, for resting, relaxing and the fine things in life... Polite Dogs are welcome at The Wheatsheaf Combe Hay, Margaux and Gloria our Cocker Spaniels and Brie our Springer Spaniel all live at The Wheatsheaf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Wheatsheaf, Combe Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Hotel Combe Hay
- Wheatsheaf Combe Hay
- Wheatsheaf Hotel Combe Hay