“Very good food.”
Review of Chesswood

Chesswood
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Was there for steak night just by chance and it was very reasonable and very good. The restaurant was a busy but the service was very good.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

My husband and I enjoyed the Wednesday pasta night supper. My seafood alfredo fusili was excellent with crab, shrimps and scallops plentiful! The alfredo sauce was flavorful and of good consistancy. My husband had a pasta with moules. The "moules" were plentiful and the linguini well prepared. An excellent meal at a reasonable cost, however a small salad with these entrées would have made the meal complete, Adding a $ to the cost for a small salad would improve the value overall. We will definitely return and want to try Friday Fish night which boasts of Battered Fish and Chips (a à la Ramsay style according to the chef.) A special price will likely apply as applied on our Pasta night. The pasta dishes were $16.00, I believe with beverage not included.
The restaurant is quite clean, and likely attended well on Sports events as the 2 TV. screens were of superior definition. Staff was pleasant and service was fast.

We would recommend this restaurant over the Black Angus,also a recent addition to Carleton Place, as there are more choices on the menu ..

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Menu selection has changed to make it more mainstream - just my opinion. Although my 11yr old was happy to be able to order 'gator' bites for her birthday. Plating style is not as sophisticated as it used to be. Food was ok. I was a little miffed that my pan fried (or was it roasted?) chicken forester (sp!) was poached, and 'wild' mushrooms were simply button or cremini. Dessert options were basic and my kid wanted to go elsewhere.
I think the owners have decided to change the direction of the dining experience that they offer, and my earlier review does not reflect the restaurant as it is now (2017).

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about the Chesswood. From the outstanding service from Trevor and Kate, to the amazing meal prepared by William and his staff, if you are looking for outstanding food, reasonable prices and top notch service, eat here!

1  Thank Judy C
Reviewed 12 June 2017

The best thing about our visit was our server, Trevor. Professional, friendly, and helpful. He seemed to be everywhere.....having one more in staff would have been better for us, the diners.
We were two who love to share. They divided a great beet salad for us. Delicious. The other dishes were just ok. Not bad. But not great.
A for effort, though.