“Tasty Vegetarian Fare - Light and Tasty”
Review of Ginger Cafe

Ginger Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Description: Vegetarian buffet, coffee & juice bar located in Carleton Place offering healthy, homemade food with lots of vegan and gluten free options.
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I have been here on two occasions. Both times the food in the buffet was great. Nice and light, fresh, mildly spiced, with something even my vegetarian/vegan fearing family can enjoy. Sometimes there isn't a huge selection, but all food in the buffet is great. EXCELLENT smoothies. EXCELLENT coffee and baked good. Very reasonably priced. It is so nice to have this little place outside of the city in a more rural area. YUMMM!

Reviewed 30 May 2015

The buffet is limited to about a dozen items but get over it, this is a gem of a restaurant in a most unlikely but beautiful setting as others have noted.

The food is the point and its wholesome, imaginative and delicious.

There were enough vegan items to keep me happy, interested and sated.

I had the lunch buffet and took a veggie wrap with me for dinner since I'm travelling and vegan options are few on the road.

I should have bought all of the carrot cake portions but 'too late old, too late smart and too easily fat' aphorisms danced through my head...

There are other vegan desserts and treats but I'm sorry I didn't try the coffee-next time.

Great lunch place Two minutes off the Trans Canada, what more could one ask!

1  Thank Veganguy
Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

I've been to Ginger Cafe several times to meet friends for a coffee of lunch. The food is always fresh and delicious , the coffees are excellent and even though I haven't tried them - the deserts look yummy. Friendly service and I love the original art work on the walls! Definitely worth trying if you've never been!

Reviewed 10 March 2015

Being a vegetarian, I was very excited to see that the Ginger Cafe opened but I was a little disappointed by the selection of foods that they offer. I will admit that I am a bit of a picky eater but I rarely have a hard time finding things to eat at restaurants, and especially at vegetarian/vegan type places . The lunch buffet only had a couple things that I was interested in eating and for the cost (which is pretty high) it was not worth it at all. The items that I did eat (veggie lasagna) was delicious, however. The atmosphere is cozy and inviting and the staff are friendly and helpful.

2  Thank msmoore12610
Reviewed 10 February 2015

We've only dropped in for afternoon coffe a few times and have not yet sampled their buffet, so this review is written on just a coffee break! Well give the buffet a try at a later time.

Based on what we've experienced so far, it is excellent. Service is great, coffee excellent & baked goods fresh and very tasty! Note that for your coffee there is no artificial sweeteners, honey instead! The decor is "homey" with quaint rough cut table tops, slate floor, and cafeteria style service, not table service. You clear your own table, etc. A really nice & cosey spot for coffee & we'll drop back for the buffet for sure.