Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
StayForLong
CheapTickets
Hurb
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night and found this B&B to be a real delight. Apart from the accommodations (which are perfectly comfortable and well-maintained), what makes this place unique is its focus on sustainable construction for living in a cold climate. The church was renovated using best practices in repurposing, energy efficiency, and technology, and we were fascinated by the story, which was described in intriguing detail over breakfast. Donna and Cam were wonderful hosts and conversationalists. We did not make much use of the spa because of time constraints, but want to return and try it out.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Donna D, Owner at Circa 1894 B&B and Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

So glad you appreciated hearing the details of the church and Sunday School renovations, as well as the Spa build. Our passion in regard to sustainability is written all over the project and Cam is especially pleased to watch the payoffs in regard to hugely reduced annual heating costs. We enjoyed hearing your stories as well, and look forward to seeing you both again, with more time for relaxing and rejuvenation.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

We stayed here again and stayed in Donna and Cam's newly acquired RV. Having never stayed in an RV, we thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Beds were comfortable, it was super quiet, and as usual Donna and Cam's hospitality and accommodation were great.

We, due to our own scheduling issues, couldn't have breakfast, but they certainly made sure we didn't walk away without something for the road.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Donna D, Owner at Circa 1894 B&B and Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

So glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the RV this time around...it's been a real hit this summer. As the "RV season" winds down, I'm already looking forward to next year. Take good care, Donna

Reviewed October 7, 2017

Truly lovely place - spa and B&B in one. I went with a girlfriend and now can't wait to return with my husband. Breakfast was huge and delicious. I would recommend arriving early with a takeout dinner (there is a small kitchen and eating area), so you can take advantage of the spa facilities as much as possible.

Room tip: Don't forget the wine.
Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We enjoyed your enthusiasm for the tubs and saunas and look forward to meeting your husband on your return. Enjoy the Fall.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

We had the pleasure of staying with Donna and Cam when we visited Watson's Corners to celebrate a friends birthday. What a lovely spot! Since our friends had booked the other rooms, we had expected to stay in the Golden Falcon and were happy to have found such great accomodation so close to our destination.We didn't arrive until alomost 7:30, and were delighted to find that we had been 'upgraded' to thier new Chapparelle Trailer. Gorgeous! Our own shower, toilet, queen bed, sitting area and a kitchenette. Well worth the price, especially as Cam was kind enough to let us park our Harley in his nice dry garage....we got ALOT of rain Friday night!
The grounds were beautiful, and although we did not make use of the spa facilities, we did enjoy a fabulous breakfast on Sunday morning before riding out. It is absolutely incredible what Cam and Donna have been able to accomplish in this beautiful old church. We really enjoyed hearing thier stories (that Stove!) and seeing that it is possible to make an old building (extremely) energy efficient while maintaining its character. They have done a magnificent job.
I laughed when I read another review about Circa 1894 being somewhat 'out of the way'. For avid motorcyclists, Lanark provides some of the best riding in Ontario, and this wonderful little gem would be a perfect starting off or finishing point for any adventure in the Highlands. We will definitely be back, and I recommend Circa 1894 to anyone looking for a spotless, well run establishment.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Donna D, Owner at Circa 1894 B&B and Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Apologies for not responding sooner, but we are only just seeing this review now. In the vein of better late than never, we'd like you to know that it was a delight hosting your 'gang' for John's party. We've had the opportunity it host other motorcyclists since and the 'dry' parking has certainly been a hit. We, too, were amused by the 'out of the way' comment since people how so many great reasons to visit the highlands. Thanks for the kudos.

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

My spouse took me away to this absolutely wonderful little spot this past weekend to celebrate my impending birthday. We have never done a B&B so this was a brand new experience for us. Making this adventure even better was the fact that there was a spa attached to it. When we arrived Donna greeted us at the door and instantly made us feel at home. She gave us a tour, walked us through all of the amenities and got us settled into our quaint room. Once we were ready she brought us out to the spa area and introduced us to their IR sauna and wooden hot tub. Both were simply wonderful, soothing and peaceful! Of course, Donna, being the consummate host, ensured we constantly had water with us to keep hydrated and talked us through the therapeutics that we were experiencing.
After our spa time we settled back into our room and awaited a special dinner my spouse had pre-arranged with Donna. A knock on the door introduced us to her partner Cam who came with greetings and the daily newspaper. It had been so long since I read a paper, what a treat!!
Dinner was incredible. We started with a soup and had we stopped there I would have said we got more than our money's worth. I have travelled the world and am enamoured with soup, this was the best I have ever tasted. Dinner was a vegan meal (I am an avid meat-eater) and was absolutely superb! I would never dream of ordering a vegan meal but this was a wonderful shepherds pie. As we basked in the awesomeness of our full bellies Donna and Cam suddenly appeared with two pieces of amazing carrot cake with candles on them and sang me happy birthday. Honestly, what could be round out our visit better than that? Breakfast could!
For breakfast Donna and Cam invited us into their home and we shared breakfast with them and another couple also staying at Circa 1894. We had a wonderful meal, amazing conversation and learned that both Donna and Cam have led extraordinary lives that kept the stories coming until we finally had to leave. They are superb hosts, exceptionally friendly and the story of the creation of the B&B is worth the visit.
Insofar as amenities are concerned there is everything you could need from TV to a coffee maker, even towels, so please don't think you need to pack the car full to go there. Internet is a bit spotty so we brought a puzzle to do but if you are anything like us the quiet alone time was worth its weight in gold.
I would definitely come here again and would highly recommend Circa 1894 to our friends and family.
Thank you Donna and Cam!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank CanadaFamilyof4
Donna D, Owner at Circa 1894 B&B and Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

It is always fun to host people who delight in their experience and have their own stories to share. Cam and I were honoured to be a part of your birthday celebration and look forward to seeing you again at some point.