“A Special Spa”
Review of Circa 1894 Spa

Circa 1894 Spa
Reviewed September 26, 2017

I have the good fortune to live within a 15 minute drive of Circa 1894 B & B and Spa and I visit the spa weekly for a few hours. I find the spa to be a place of calm and serenity both because of the beautiful surroundings and also the care, expertise and kindness that is offered by Donna Dillman, the proprietor. The spa is very well equipped with two saunas, hot tubs and a treatment room where different healing modalities can be obtained. I am especially interested in detoxifying and improving my immune system functioning. I have found the infrared sauna treatments to be very helpful for that. Donna has two far infrared saunas and she will soon be adding near infrared lights to one of them. While far infrared therapy is known for its detoxification benefits, near infrared therapy has been shown to stimulate mitochondrial functioning and improve energy levels. Combining the two will be quite wonderful. Having spoken to Donna about other innovations that she will be introducing in the near future, I am very excited to experience all of her new offerings.

1  Thank IndigoPerth_Ontario
Donna D, Owner at Circa 1894 Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Thanks so much for your review. I am really pleased that you find your time at the Spa relaxing and that it is benefiting you, as those, along with keeping the fees reasonable, were my major aims in opening the facility.

Down the road a little, I look forward to hearing how the addition of Near Infrared and Oxygen Therapy work, in your detoxifying effort. Take good care.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

Had a great girls day at the spa enjoying the various hot tubs and saunas, not to mention the delicious homemade lunch that our lovely hostess, Donna Dillman provided for us. Donna is a delight and very accommodating. Will definitely be going back....possibly for a girls weekend next time so we can stay longer.

Donna D, Owner at Circa 1894 Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2017

It was a pleasure to host your group...and fun to watch the four of you settle in and experience all we have to offer. I look forward to when you can all take the time to come pamper yourselves again.

Reviewed February 3, 2017

I arrived at Circa 1894 Spa totally exhausted from work and family. Donna graciously showed me the infra red sauna and hot tubs. I got changed and started my spa experience. Within 20 minutes was feeling so relaxed from the infra red sauna. I then slipped into the hot tub. There is a very serene, peaceful feeling at Circa 1984 spa. I left after a luxurious 3 hours after looking after me.
Would definitely recommend to anyone who would like a weekend or day spa experience.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Donna D, Owner at Circa 1894 Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2017

Thanks for your comment, Karen. From the beginning, we knew we wanted to include the FAR Infra-red saunas for their health benefits. As you may know, there is a reason that they are popping up in Chiropractic, naturopathic and doctor's offices and sports centers in cities. To our knowledge, we have the only ones available to the general public in Lanark County. The first time I sat in the one you experienced, I slept like a baby and it continues to make a difference for me. Come pamper yourself again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2017

I love the Circa 1894 Spa! It is so cozy and relaxing. I particularly like the wooden hot tub.
Donna Dillman is a fantastic hostess that immediately puts you at ease. Perfect getaway for my girlfriends.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Ahh, yes...the wooden tub is, indeed, special. Glad you enjoyed it, Lynn, and look forward to your next visit. The enjoyment of the guests make it that much more special for me.