“Another satisfying day at the Spa Nordik”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed 2 January 2017

So wonderful to share this experience with my two adult daughters. We stayed at Andante B&B in Cantley and enjoyed the day here at the Spa. Our favourite part is the Kalla treatment which is a slight upgrade but worth every penny. As crazy as it sounds, I fell asleep floating in water - so relaxed. Remember your flip flops!

1  Thank LeslieKennedy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Spent great day before Christmas relaxing in the many pools, saunas and salt water pool. Facilities are top notch, clean, and on the day we were there, the snowy pathways were well cleared and safe. We arrived in the morning to take advantage of some quiet time as it did get very crowded in the afternoon. Because some of the pools were closed due to construction we were given a 2 for 1 credit for our next visit. Recommend you go to the salt water pool early in the day as space is limited. Staff very helpful and friendly. The food at the restaurant was delicious and well presented. A consideration for the staff.. ladies change room lighting needs brightening, only half of the hair blow dryers worked and the change room shower water pressure is minimal. After a lovely day I did find the minimal water pressure disappointing. We look forward to returning.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

My husband and I live just five minutes from the Nordik and have on a number of occasions enjoyed relaxing in the baths. Unfortunately I just experienced the most horrific massage. As someone who frequently uses massage to relieve stress, I have a generally well informed idea of what a massage ought to be like. My masseuse spent the first 40 minutes digging her fingers painfully into my jaw and neck, pushing my rib cage apart, and torturing my body. She pulled at the fat on my stomach as if to separate it from my body. I thought at any minute she was going to ask me for classified information. This was followed by her holding my head for why felt like 15 minutes while she engaged in deep breathing. Unfortunately I booked for 90 minutes. The painful and unpleasant massage continued and on many occasions I thought I'd have to end the treatment but wanted to be polite. I'll never return for a massage here. I received a top notch massage at a salon next to the gas station near my house and paid 59.99. My husband was not thrilled with his massage either. I'd like my money back.

81  Thank suzanneproulx
Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear suzanneproulx,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are truly sorry that your massage did not meet your expectations and we highly value your experience.

For your next visit, we invite you to contact us in advance in order to determine your tastes and your need for a massage. Our receptionists will advise you on the different types of massages we offer. As mentioned by all our massage therapists at the beginning of the massage, at any time during the treatment, you can mention if the pressure is too strong.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail with our manager, we invite you to contact us at 819-827-1111, ext.336.

Thank you again for this feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

About This place I can simply say WOW. If you're looking for doing something special and memorable just go to Nordik Spa. There are many outdoor hot tubs and dry saunas. Also we went to Kalla floating pool which was nice but I think it doesn't worth $70 at all. Best part in my point of view was Russian Sauna. I felt my skin got so smother after that.

1  Thank EllieFo
Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Ellie Fo,

Thank you very much for sharing your great feedback with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience at Nordik Spa-Nature, our hot tubs, our new russian sauna, as well as the Källä floating pool.

The Källa treatment (salt water floating pool) is only $40 for an unlimited access when combined with the thermal experience. Compared with a single hour in an individual floating pool elsewhere, which can cost around sixty dollars, it is a very good deal. Our Källa treatment is most appreciated by our guests and is truly unique. The only other pool like it in the world is in Switzerland.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Wow that was a terrible day today! I got a gift card for Christmas and was super excited to go...unfortunately the wait at 10am this morning was 45 min long, then the representative directed me to the wrong locker room and also didn't give me my (paid for) bathrobe. We were also told that unless you had $100 available on a credit card, you couldn't eat or have anything to drink!

Once in the spa there was another 45min wait to get into the Kalla area. Everywhere else was super busy with people and there were (apparently) no quiet areas.

Then went to get a late lunch in the main dining room and were given a beeper to wait 30 min at 1:45pm. Once the beeper sounded we were told that the ovens were not working (and apparently should have been told when we booked the reservation). This was not communicated at any time till now. The only hot dish we were offered was a bowl of soup. The rest of the menu was extremely spares.

Inside the spa my husband was hassled repeatedly to have a towel to sit on. He was sitting on his bathrobe. When he asked the attendant for a towel he was told harshly to go to the front desk (it was closed).

Finally, when we went to leave I went back to my changeroom to get warm and shower...there was no shower, no toilet, no changing rooms! My changeroom #741 had none of that! When I went upstairs to ask they told me to use the upstairs changeroom to shower then go downstairs (nude in public) to change!

This has been such a terrible experience!!! Don't go!!!

142  Thank pinklissa
Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Dear pinklissa,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. You have given us an opportunity to improve and make changes to better serve our guests. We are truly sorry that your experience was not up to your expectations.

Weekends and holidays are always busy times of the year. We operate with a waiting list principle to ensure an optimal relaxing experience for all our guests.

In order to reduce traffic on the site, we recently inaugurated 2 new baths in the social section, as well as a Russian sauna, accompanied by a yoga / meditation room and an exfoliation space.

We are sorry for the technical glitch that has happened with our oven. We plan to rebuild and build a larger kitchen in the coming months so we can serve our guests and offer them a memorable dining experience.

Regarding the locker rooms, during the holiday season, we have set up new changing rooms to reduce the waiting list and provide the opportunity for more people to take advantage of our facilities. As there was no access to the water for showers in these changing rooms, we compensated our guests by offering them the rental of the free dressing gown. If this has not been the case for you, we invite you to contact our manager at 819-827-1111 ext. 336. It will be our pleasure to rectify the whole with you!

Once again, thank you for taking precious time out of your day to help us improve and we look forward to your next visit.