“What a Wonderful Day!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“What a Wonderful Day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just spent about 5 hours at the Nordik Chelsea with my sister in law and her husband. My husband and I had never been before but my in laws have been several times.
All in all a wonderful experience. We tried almost all the hot tubs and several of the saunas.
The hot stone beds were very disappointing, and very hard to get into. I had a bunk that did not feel warm at all so that was a bit of a let down after waiting to get one.
The Spa was incredibly busy that day and there was a wait to enter as the check in is quite time consuming.
Staff were extremely friendly at check in, the restaurant and elsewhere in the spa.
Once we were in and managed the very crowded change room it was smooth sailing!
My husband and I paid extra for the Kalla experience and really really enjoyed it. The sensation of floating in the salt water is very relaxing and unique. I would recommend this to anyone.
My only disappointment ( aside from the tepid stone bed) was lunch. Service was very slow and not that spectacular.
Will not hesitate to go back to this spa however!

Visited January 2017
2 Thank Gratton4

Montreal, Canada
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic New Years Eve event!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hid year my wife and I decided to have a nice relaxing night to bring in the New Year. We shared the experience with another couple and couldn't have pictured a better start than ringing in the New year in our bathrobes and some bubbly.
The Nordik is everything you expect in a outdoor spa and then some. Its sprawling campus is both a visual delight and calming. The variety of baths ,saunas, pools and relaxation areas are sure to help relax and melt away stress...worked for me. The event was well organized and it didn't feel crowded ( over 400 guests attended). The tapas were delicious and well portioned, dessert could have been better though. Overall a great experience and I think we found a new New Years tradition!

Visited January 2017
1 Thank Scartz
Ottawa, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Save yourself the money... It used to be good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was a long time patron of Le Nordik. Unfortunately the 4-5 times I have visited the service has been dismal. A lot of the areas are constantly closed (infinity pool, select hot tub and select saunas). They did offer a 15% discount which was thoughtful; however this did not cover the lack of services available for the prices I paid.

In addition, when they are under construction they still let the same number of people in which creates for a horrible, non-relaxing atmosphere. Last time I visited (Dec. 2016) everyone crammed in the hot tub and stepping on one another (literally there was this lady stepping on me). The few quiet times quickly disappeared with the hammering and constant construction (I thought hey would cease the loud noises while paying customers are visiting).

I wish Le Nordik would remember one, core concept: the customer experience. This is what it is all about and until they find their way again I will not be going, nor will I be recommending it to anyone.

**PSA: there are many better places to spend your money and you will get a much better experience. Take the $500 that you would spend here and go treat yourself to something worth while (i.e. another spa + gourmet restaurant + night in a cabin).

114 Thank Stewart S
Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Stewart S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. You are giving us an opportunity to reflect and improve, and for that we are very grateful.

Good news! Our heavy construction period is now over. We have built 2 new hot baths in the Panoramic Section. We also built a new building called Banyä. Banyä hosts a very large Russian Sauna and exfoliation station on the first floor. The second floor is home to our new meditation room and yoga room. This has already proven to be a great add-on as it helps spread out all of the guests throughout the spa and avoid having guests "stepping on one another".

We couldn't agree with you more when you say the the customer experience is our number one priority. Our intentions when building new baths/saunas/relaxation rooms is to improve the guests experience. Unfortunately it is not possible to expand and build without the inconvenience of noise and temporary closures. We truly believe that our efforts are for the greater good of the guests and our spa and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences our expansions have caused you.

We hope that you will take the time to come back and experience what we have worked hard to build.

Best regards,
Marianne Trotier
Spokesperson
Ottawa, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good way to get rid of those winter blues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is the largest spa in North America!! Point for Canada!
This spa is good for a couples retreat, to relax and release that stress.
The spa has plenty of saunas and hot tubs. The thermal experience (heat,cold,relax sequence) might be a bit difficult during winter but the experience is highly recommended when the weather is cold.

The infinity pool is a must visit during night as it provides a beautiful view of the city.
CAD 60+ gives you access to all the saunas,steam rooms and pools at the premises. You can also dinner n wine to your routine to make the experience more romantic.

We used the salt water pool(Only 2 in the whole world) and found it a bit expensive for the pool. Its a good one time experience.
The lockers are a bit too small but can manage.

Oakville, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Another satisfying day at the Spa Nordik”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So wonderful to share this experience with my two adult daughters. We stayed at Andante B&B in Cantley and enjoyed the day here at the Spa. Our favourite part is the Kalla treatment which is a slight upgrade but worth every penny. As crazy as it sounds, I fell asleep floating in water - so relaxed. Remember your flip flops!

1 Thank LeslieKennedy