“Hits and Misses” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Montreal
“Hits and Misses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been to Le Nordik a few times over the past couple of years. Every time is a different experience, and I would highly recommend not going on a weekend or holiday.
My family and I decided to celebrate Christmas here this year mid-december in one of their lodges.

The spa was not busy that day and we were all able to enjoy the facilities. I love the infinity pool in the evening. It was truly a great, relaxing day. It was even in the perfect snowfall.

Service in the lounge restaurant by the infinity pool was fabulous. We had lunch there and she was lovely, accommodating and friendly. My step-mom doesn't speak french and she was able to go back and forth easily.

The lodge was lovely. First impressions are great. There were only 4 of us and it was a bit much, but I would definitely want to try this again with more people. The one we were in was a 2 minute walk from the spa so it made it easy for a late night last dip in the pools! There were two bedrooms upstairs that were portioned off by a curtain in the loft. Then there were three bedrooms downstairs. One full bathroom on the top level and two toilets and two showers in the basement with the bedrooms. On the main level there is an open concept living/dining/cooking area with a wood burning stove. There were a couple of maintenance issues with the lodge such as burnt out light bulbs, and for the money you're paying I found it slightly frustrating. The kitchen was very well stocked and it was nice to be able to bring your own food to cook a great meal. We couldn't get the tv to work after the spa and they promptly sent someone over to assist us, and he was very pleasant and helpful.

My biggest issue with this stay was that there were multiple mis-communications. We arrived early Monday morning, hoping that no one was in the cabin the night before and that we could possibly check in a bit earlier than the 4pm arrival time. There was no line up when we arrived, which was great. We were efficiently checked in. The first issue was that we were told by the check in lady was that we would be able to use the spas as well the next day. We were incredibly excited as we didn't think this was a part of our package, and were going to be able to take advantage before we had to check out and head to work the next afternoon. This turned out not to be the case. We were also told that there was someone in the cabin the night before, so 4pm would be the earliest we could get in. No big deal, we would just come back. When we came back at 345 we were then told that we would need to sit down and wait as the new codes for the lodges do not activated until 4pm. If we were told this we wouldn't have come early at all. The last miscommunication was with the lady who gave us the code for the lodge, she said that the spa was open until midnight. I was surprised and delighted by this as I only thought it was open until 11pm that evening. However, yet again this wasn't the case. I was going in for a last steam at 1040 and was quite rudely told by a staff member that they were closing in 15 minutes and I couldn't go. I was truly confused as this was not what we were specifically told by their team. Once he saw that I had a brown bathrobe (meaning staying in a lodge) he told me I had 10 minutes and then had to leave. I quickly had a steam and when I was leaving he was watching two other patrons take selfies. When I inquired why they had their cellphones and he wasn't doing anything he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. This last issue was addressed at check out, however it was still a frustrating issue.

I am a big believer in managing expectations and as long as there is clear information for staff to follow, guests will have an enjoyable time. I will be back, however I will ensure I ask more detailed questions and have everything in writing next time.

Bonn, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Canadian version of a Sauna”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Unfortunately when we were there the place was undergoing significant renovations; when it is finished I am sure it will be an improvement. We missed out on the infinity pool which apparently has a great view of Ottawa-Gatineau. Compared to the saunas we visit in northern Europe, the infrastructure at Le Nordik is fine and the surrounding location is very nice. The sauna culture, however, is quite different: swimsuits are worn throughout, people are loud in the saunas and don't seem to shower much between saunas. Despite the risks of bringing swimsuits into the saunas and not showering, the place appeared to be quite clean.

To be fair, I don't think that Le Nordik can impose the European traditions on the Canadian market: most people are probably not comfortable or used to the idea. The staff at Le Nordik tried to quiet people down, but were fighting a losing battle.

Finally, for what you get I found the price too high (again comparing to similar European Spas/Sauna locations). But, since Le Nordik is one of the only games in town and seems to be regularly packed (and expanding), they can get away with raising their prices.

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“What a Wonderful Day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just spent about 5 hours at the Nordik Chelsea with my sister in law and her husband. My husband and I had never been before but my in laws have been several times.
All in all a wonderful experience. We tried almost all the hot tubs and several of the saunas.
The hot stone beds were very disappointing, and very hard to get into. I had a bunk that did not feel warm at all so that was a bit of a let down after waiting to get one.
The Spa was incredibly busy that day and there was a wait to enter as the check in is quite time consuming.
Staff were extremely friendly at check in, the restaurant and elsewhere in the spa.
Once we were in and managed the very crowded change room it was smooth sailing!
My husband and I paid extra for the Kalla experience and really really enjoyed it. The sensation of floating in the salt water is very relaxing and unique. I would recommend this to anyone.
My only disappointment ( aside from the tepid stone bed) was lunch. Service was very slow and not that spectacular.
Will not hesitate to go back to this spa however!

Visited January 2017
2 Thank Gratton4
Montreal, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic New Years Eve event!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hid year my wife and I decided to have a nice relaxing night to bring in the New Year. We shared the experience with another couple and couldn't have pictured a better start than ringing in the New year in our bathrobes and some bubbly.
The Nordik is everything you expect in a outdoor spa and then some. Its sprawling campus is both a visual delight and calming. The variety of baths ,saunas, pools and relaxation areas are sure to help relax and melt away stress...worked for me. The event was well organized and it didn't feel crowded ( over 400 guests attended). The tapas were delicious and well portioned, dessert could have been better though. Overall a great experience and I think we found a new New Years tradition!

Visited January 2017
1 Thank Scartz
Ottawa, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Save yourself the money... It used to be good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was a long time patron of Le Nordik. Unfortunately the 4-5 times I have visited the service has been dismal. A lot of the areas are constantly closed (infinity pool, select hot tub and select saunas). They did offer a 15% discount which was thoughtful; however this did not cover the lack of services available for the prices I paid.

In addition, when they are under construction they still let the same number of people in which creates for a horrible, non-relaxing atmosphere. Last time I visited (Dec. 2016) everyone crammed in the hot tub and stepping on one another (literally there was this lady stepping on me). The few quiet times quickly disappeared with the hammering and constant construction (I thought hey would cease the loud noises while paying customers are visiting).

I wish Le Nordik would remember one, core concept: the customer experience. This is what it is all about and until they find their way again I will not be going, nor will I be recommending it to anyone.

**PSA: there are many better places to spend your money and you will get a much better experience. Take the $500 that you would spend here and go treat yourself to something worth while (i.e. another spa + gourmet restaurant + night in a cabin).

114 Thank Stewart S
Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Stewart S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. You are giving us an opportunity to reflect and improve, and for that we are very grateful.

Good news! Our heavy construction period is now over. We have built 2 new hot baths in the Panoramic Section. We also built a new building called Banyä. Banyä hosts a very large Russian Sauna and exfoliation station on the first floor. The second floor is home to our new meditation room and yoga room. This has already proven to be a great add-on as it helps spread out all of the guests throughout the spa and avoid having guests "stepping on one another".

We couldn't agree with you more when you say the the customer experience is our number one priority. Our intentions when building new baths/saunas/relaxation rooms is to improve the guests experience. Unfortunately it is not possible to expand and build without the inconvenience of noise and temporary closures. We truly believe that our efforts are for the greater good of the guests and our spa and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences our expansions have caused you.

We hope that you will take the time to come back and experience what we have worked hard to build.

Best regards,