“Overcrowded and not relaxing anymore ” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Overcrowded and not relaxing anymore ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My husband and I went this Saturday, our second time in the past six months. Both times, there weren't enough lockers available so we had to double up. They keep expanding the Spa, but don't have enough space in the change rooms to accommodate the large volume of people they let in.

Before this, I typically have come 1-3 times per year since it opened. It used to be a soothing and relaxing experience. However, since they have expanded to include the Panorama section (which is the more social section where talking is allowed), the "relaxation" atmosphere has taken the wayside and its mostly a social atmosphere where people talk in most of the areas that should be silent. Nordik used to have people patrolling to ensure silence was observed, but now, this is lacking. After trying three different silent areas but leaving out of frustration with loud talkers, my husband went to see staff to see if they could walk the grounds to ensure the rules are respected. They told us it was a busy day and there wasn't anything they could really do and we should avoid coming on a Saturday. Its likely the last time we will frequent their establishment.

So if you are planning a girls night or group activity where you want to socialise, although pricey, you should have a good time. If you are looking for a way to relax and rejuvenate on a weekend, go somewhere else.

85 Thank Michelle D

Montreal
“Hits and Misses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been to Le Nordik a few times over the past couple of years. Every time is a different experience, and I would highly recommend not going on a weekend or holiday.
My family and I decided to celebrate Christmas here this year mid-december in one of their lodges.

The spa was not busy that day and we were all able to enjoy the facilities. I love the infinity pool in the evening. It was truly a great, relaxing day. It was even in the perfect snowfall.

Service in the lounge restaurant by the infinity pool was fabulous. We had lunch there and she was lovely, accommodating and friendly. My step-mom doesn't speak french and she was able to go back and forth easily.

The lodge was lovely. First impressions are great. There were only 4 of us and it was a bit much, but I would definitely want to try this again with more people. The one we were in was a 2 minute walk from the spa so it made it easy for a late night last dip in the pools! There were two bedrooms upstairs that were portioned off by a curtain in the loft. Then there were three bedrooms downstairs. One full bathroom on the top level and two toilets and two showers in the basement with the bedrooms. On the main level there is an open concept living/dining/cooking area with a wood burning stove. There were a couple of maintenance issues with the lodge such as burnt out light bulbs, and for the money you're paying I found it slightly frustrating. The kitchen was very well stocked and it was nice to be able to bring your own food to cook a great meal. We couldn't get the tv to work after the spa and they promptly sent someone over to assist us, and he was very pleasant and helpful.

My biggest issue with this stay was that there were multiple mis-communications. We arrived early Monday morning, hoping that no one was in the cabin the night before and that we could possibly check in a bit earlier than the 4pm arrival time. There was no line up when we arrived, which was great. We were efficiently checked in. The first issue was that we were told by the check in lady was that we would be able to use the spas as well the next day. We were incredibly excited as we didn't think this was a part of our package, and were going to be able to take advantage before we had to check out and head to work the next afternoon. This turned out not to be the case. We were also told that there was someone in the cabin the night before, so 4pm would be the earliest we could get in. No big deal, we would just come back. When we came back at 345 we were then told that we would need to sit down and wait as the new codes for the lodges do not activated until 4pm. If we were told this we wouldn't have come early at all. The last miscommunication was with the lady who gave us the code for the lodge, she said that the spa was open until midnight. I was surprised and delighted by this as I only thought it was open until 11pm that evening. However, yet again this wasn't the case. I was going in for a last steam at 1040 and was quite rudely told by a staff member that they were closing in 15 minutes and I couldn't go. I was truly confused as this was not what we were specifically told by their team. Once he saw that I had a brown bathrobe (meaning staying in a lodge) he told me I had 10 minutes and then had to leave. I quickly had a steam and when I was leaving he was watching two other patrons take selfies. When I inquired why they had their cellphones and he wasn't doing anything he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. This last issue was addressed at check out, however it was still a frustrating issue.

I am a big believer in managing expectations and as long as there is clear information for staff to follow, guests will have an enjoyable time. I will be back, however I will ensure I ask more detailed questions and have everything in writing next time.

Visited December 2016
Bonn, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Canadian version of a Sauna”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Unfortunately when we were there the place was undergoing significant renovations; when it is finished I am sure it will be an improvement. We missed out on the infinity pool which apparently has a great view of Ottawa-Gatineau. Compared to the saunas we visit in northern Europe, the infrastructure at Le Nordik is fine and the surrounding location is very nice. The sauna culture, however, is quite different: swimsuits are worn throughout, people are loud in the saunas and don't seem to shower much between saunas. Despite the risks of bringing swimsuits into the saunas and not showering, the place appeared to be quite clean.

To be fair, I don't think that Le Nordik can impose the European traditions on the Canadian market: most people are probably not comfortable or used to the idea. The staff at Le Nordik tried to quiet people down, but were fighting a losing battle.

Finally, for what you get I found the price too high (again comparing to similar European Spas/Sauna locations). But, since Le Nordik is one of the only games in town and seems to be regularly packed (and expanding), they can get away with raising their prices.

Visited December 2016
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“What a Wonderful Day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just spent about 5 hours at the Nordik Chelsea with my sister in law and her husband. My husband and I had never been before but my in laws have been several times.
All in all a wonderful experience. We tried almost all the hot tubs and several of the saunas.
The hot stone beds were very disappointing, and very hard to get into. I had a bunk that did not feel warm at all so that was a bit of a let down after waiting to get one.
The Spa was incredibly busy that day and there was a wait to enter as the check in is quite time consuming.
Staff were extremely friendly at check in, the restaurant and elsewhere in the spa.
Once we were in and managed the very crowded change room it was smooth sailing!
My husband and I paid extra for the Kalla experience and really really enjoyed it. The sensation of floating in the salt water is very relaxing and unique. I would recommend this to anyone.
My only disappointment ( aside from the tepid stone bed) was lunch. Service was very slow and not that spectacular.
Will not hesitate to go back to this spa however!

2 Thank Gratton4
Montreal, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic New Years Eve event!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hid year my wife and I decided to have a nice relaxing night to bring in the New Year. We shared the experience with another couple and couldn't have pictured a better start than ringing in the New year in our bathrobes and some bubbly.
The Nordik is everything you expect in a outdoor spa and then some. Its sprawling campus is both a visual delight and calming. The variety of baths ,saunas, pools and relaxation areas are sure to help relax and melt away stress...worked for me. The event was well organized and it didn't feel crowded ( over 400 guests attended). The tapas were delicious and well portioned, dessert could have been better though. Overall a great experience and I think we found a new New Years tradition!

1 Thank Scartz