“Always pleasant all season long” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Ottawa, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Always pleasant all season long”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went to Le Nordik with a friend for her birthday this week, although it was fairly cold like -13 that morning, we still decided to stick to our plan, and i am glad we did. Places was it too busy and service was great, always lots of wood burning in the fire pit rest area.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Huge disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I visited Nordik last year and fell in love with the spa therefore, for our anniversary we decided to drive the distance (from Toronto) and have the wonderful experience again except this time it was nothing but, disappointment after disappointment. We arrived at the spa Saturday early evening and were told the wait was approx. 50-60 mins. I was sent a text message and link so that I could monitor my place on the Waiting List except I had no idea where we were on this list b/c the staff did not bother to delete people off the list when their turn came up. After 1 hour we went to reception to inquire where we were on the list and were advised by the girl that there was 1 couple before us therefore, the wait was approx. 15 mins--- the girl then disappeared and never returned. People started coming in with no one at reception and walking right into the line while myself and approx. 60 others remained on a waiting list patiently anticipating a text message that our turn finally had arrived. We then overheard a girl advise that she was deleting the wait list and letting everyone in. After 90 mins we finally stood in a line to register/pay and was advised that there no towels or robes remaining in the facility and the girl giggled at that fact while telling us this.....we calculated that this spa probably brings in anywhere from 20k-60k a day BUT HAVE NO TOWELS OR ROBES! At this point we were beyond frustrated but, let our frustration go and entered the baths area ready for our tranquil and calming experience. We entered the first hot bath to be welcomed with very loud conversations and laughter all around..... WHAT HAPPENED TO SILENCE AND WHISPER ZONES for Tranquility???? We quickly left this pool and decided to move to a steam room instead which was a complete silence area --- we entered the room to loud conversations, laughing and basically partying!!! My boyfriend suggested we try going right to the end of the spa where the infinity pool is as it may be more peaceful there --- NOPE!!! ---- there is now loud music playing and an outdoor bar open right beside the water where you can bring your beverages into the waters ---- that's awesome especially when the guy floating beside you drops his whole beer into the water!! I saw 1 staff once circulate around picking up all the empty glasses and garbage all around the edges of the pools --- he never once addressed any of the loud laughter, talking or running around by the people using the spa. We attempted to fill our water bottles and the fountain was broken. We attempted to sit around one of the open fire pits and there was no fire started. We attempted to enter the sauna and were told to return in 30 mins as it was closed for cleaning. We ended up leaving more tense, frustrated and disappointed then we could have ever imagined. We live approx. 1 hour from The Scandinave spa in Blue Mountain but, chose to drive 4 hours to go to Nordik--- huge mistake and we will never return. I referred Nordik to several friends who were planning on going in the month of February and now I have sadly had to advise them that I was mistaken and to NEVER attend this spa unless they want to go to an expensive nightclub as a dance floor is all that is missing.

125 Thank Heidi0329
Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Heidi,

We are very sorry to read the details of your last visit.

Unfortunately, Saturdays are a very busy day, and last Saturday was no exception. We use a software system for the waitlist that has helped significantly in the management of our waitlist, however we will have our IT team check the system to ensure that it is being used in the most efficient way possible. It is very important that the order of arrival be respected.

We do have three distinct zones, at times it does seem to be difficult to get guests to respect the different zones, no amount of signage ever seems to be enough, however the infinity pool is in the social section, the pool that is in the silent section is the one that is tucked in behind the steam rooms. Our staff does circulate in the quiet section, outside, however not inside the sauna’s.

We outsource the towel and robe rental, very sorry that we were out when you arrived. We understand the frustration that this can cause. We have added more robes and towels to the inventory in hopes that this will help the situation.

We know you come from far, however we can assure you that a visit on any other day of the week can be very relaxing. People come to the spa for many different reasons and for some relaxation is all about being social and for some it is there very first visit to a spa and they are very excited which is very unfortunate for those that come for silence. We hope that you will come again and that your friends will as well. The spa truly is designed to offer a unique and relaxing experience for guests.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Marianne Trotier
Spokesperson
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Winter Wonderland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I spent an amazing, carefree, day at Nordik for our wedding anniversary. It was magical! Our check in, exploring each hidden gem, to check out couldn't have been better. Around each corner is a beautiful setting, wood fires, relaxation huts, Kalla treatment, Sauna's, and so much, that just got better and better. The Thermals and massage therapists' were amazing. We both highly recommend Nordik.

Kingston, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lots to experience ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our day at Nordik but found it very very busy. I expected a more calm environment based on the photos. Felt more like we were at a busy resort then a quiet retreat. It was a Friday so I'm sure that had a lot to do with the crowds. As a couple we were also separated to completely different ends of the place for our treatments. I found this disappointing as our intent was to spend time together. When booking be sure to request to be in the orange or green area with your travel companion(s) if that is what you want.
I would also recommend you bring your own robe for proper fit and comfort if you are of a bigger frame.

The restaurant was great for lunch as we certainly enjoyed a lovely meal. All of the options for saunas and pools was great. Lots of things to experience.

This place is for sure worth a try.

Dear Islander865,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Despite some issues, we are happy that you enjoyed your visit at ous spa.

Rest assured that we take note of how it can be disappointing not being in the same area for your massages. We have 2 massages building as well as our 12 outdoor cabins. We do our best to book couples in the same area, but sometimes, in order to keep your booking, we have to move guests apart. (If a massage therapist call in sick per instance and we find another one that can take over with the reservation).

On demand, we do offer larger size than our one size fits all bathrobe. Those are available on request at front desk.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope we will greet you again soon.

Best regards,
Marianne Trotier
Spokesperson
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of my favourite winter experiences ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Amazing experience. Totally relaxing. The setting is magical. I strongly recommend going in the winter at night. There were wood fires burning everywhere. When we were in line at the reception desk, there were so many people, I thought the spa would feel crowded but once we got inside it didn't feel crowded at all. We were roaming and exploring. It's big! There were so many charming little places to sit by the fire - or nap by the fire. This was my first trip and I'm glad I went with someone who knew what he was doing. If I had gone on my own, I might have skipped the cold waterfall or the polar bath - but they are a really important part of the experience. Before we arrived I couldn't imagine myself outside in the snow with wet hair. But because there are fires and heat lamps everywhere, I was totally comfortable the entire time. I can't remember the exact order of things - but basically we went from hot to cold and then rested. We started with a sauna and I think we went to an amazing hot tub next and then went under an icy waterfall and then to the eucalyptus steam room and then a sauna and then a polar plunge and finally the fantastic heated pool. Snow was falling on us as we were in the heated pool. It was lovely. We also stopped along the way and sat by massive roaring fires. Basically there are many small rooms (gazebos) where you sit in front of a fire and have a heat lamp right above you. I never felt cold. Bring a robe and flip flops. You can also rent a robe. There are lockers large enough to store your winter coat, boots and clothes. We paid $100.00 in advance (when we were registering) for the restaurant so we could go directly from the pools to the restaurant. You don't need to change into your clothes before going to the restaurant (at least the restaurant we went to). There were fire places all around so you could just stay in your bathing suit and robe and be warm enough. The furniture is all indoor/outdoor. A couple of things to note. In the winter this is not a good place for people who have trouble with steps. This is a very quiet place. I was there over the holidays and apparently the "quiet" rules are a little more relaxed over the holiday. As some people have noted, Spa Nordik uses chlorine. I would prefer salt. But that doesn't take away from the fact that this is a truly amazing place. I want to go back every time Im in Ottawa.

Visited December 2016