“They don't enforce their own rules” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Kingston, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“They don't enforce their own rules”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been to this spa several times now and it has amazing potential. Unfortunately, it seems to be going downhill.
My biggest complaint is that the no cell phone/camera rule is not enforced. The last time I was there I saw so many people using their devices in the spa. I actually told some guy to put away his phone when I saw he was covertly trying to take a photo of a woman who was very overweight. I saw several people taking photos. I actually saw a staff person agree to take a photo of a group of young women! He should have immediately told them no cameras/cell phones allowed and insisted they return their phone to the locker. Another complaint is that the quiet zones are not enforced. I love the idea that they have divided the spa up into areas for quiet and areas where you can socialize with your friends. PLEASE ENFORCE the quiet zones. Honestly, at the entrance make the rules very clear and tell people the rules will be enforced. Lastly, the women's washroom does not have enough shower stalls or toilets. Beautiful spot, amazing scenery and so many pools, steams, saunas, hot tubs, etc. I love getting a massage there. But frustrating when you want peace and quiet and you have to listen to a group of people blabbing loudly about their workplace or their kids - I came here to escape all that for a while!

32 Thank kingstononebedroom
Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear kingstoonebedroom,

Thank you for your valuable comments.

You are right, no cell phones are allowed on site. This policy is actually writen on our spa-etiquette, signed at the front desk by all of our guests at their check-in.

As for the silence policy, we have employees reminding our guests to keep quiet in the Kaskad section as this is a Silent one. We allowed our guests to talk in the Panorama section, in the outdoorpools and lounge areas to be exact.

We will share your comments to our General Manager so he can follow up with his team and re-enforce those two situations sot heu don’t occur anymore.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Marianne Trotier
Spokesperson

Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“An awesome winter experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived just as they opened which was great as quite a line formed. The whole experience is coordinated perfectly. After lunch, it was getting busy and the pools were getting crowded but we moved around and found spots that weren't busy.

Ottawa, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Always pleasant all season long”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went to Le Nordik with a friend for her birthday this week, although it was fairly cold like -13 that morning, we still decided to stick to our plan, and i am glad we did. Places was it too busy and service was great, always lots of wood burning in the fire pit rest area.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Huge disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I visited Nordik last year and fell in love with the spa therefore, for our anniversary we decided to drive the distance (from Toronto) and have the wonderful experience again except this time it was nothing but, disappointment after disappointment. We arrived at the spa Saturday early evening and were told the wait was approx. 50-60 mins. I was sent a text message and link so that I could monitor my place on the Waiting List except I had no idea where we were on this list b/c the staff did not bother to delete people off the list when their turn came up. After 1 hour we went to reception to inquire where we were on the list and were advised by the girl that there was 1 couple before us therefore, the wait was approx. 15 mins--- the girl then disappeared and never returned. People started coming in with no one at reception and walking right into the line while myself and approx. 60 others remained on a waiting list patiently anticipating a text message that our turn finally had arrived. We then overheard a girl advise that she was deleting the wait list and letting everyone in. After 90 mins we finally stood in a line to register/pay and was advised that there no towels or robes remaining in the facility and the girl giggled at that fact while telling us this.....we calculated that this spa probably brings in anywhere from 20k-60k a day BUT HAVE NO TOWELS OR ROBES! At this point we were beyond frustrated but, let our frustration go and entered the baths area ready for our tranquil and calming experience. We entered the first hot bath to be welcomed with very loud conversations and laughter all around..... WHAT HAPPENED TO SILENCE AND WHISPER ZONES for Tranquility???? We quickly left this pool and decided to move to a steam room instead which was a complete silence area --- we entered the room to loud conversations, laughing and basically partying!!! My boyfriend suggested we try going right to the end of the spa where the infinity pool is as it may be more peaceful there --- NOPE!!! ---- there is now loud music playing and an outdoor bar open right beside the water where you can bring your beverages into the waters ---- that's awesome especially when the guy floating beside you drops his whole beer into the water!! I saw 1 staff once circulate around picking up all the empty glasses and garbage all around the edges of the pools --- he never once addressed any of the loud laughter, talking or running around by the people using the spa. We attempted to fill our water bottles and the fountain was broken. We attempted to sit around one of the open fire pits and there was no fire started. We attempted to enter the sauna and were told to return in 30 mins as it was closed for cleaning. We ended up leaving more tense, frustrated and disappointed then we could have ever imagined. We live approx. 1 hour from The Scandinave spa in Blue Mountain but, chose to drive 4 hours to go to Nordik--- huge mistake and we will never return. I referred Nordik to several friends who were planning on going in the month of February and now I have sadly had to advise them that I was mistaken and to NEVER attend this spa unless they want to go to an expensive nightclub as a dance floor is all that is missing.

124 Thank Heidi0329
Dear Heidi,

We are very sorry to read the details of your last visit.

Unfortunately, Saturdays are a very busy day, and last Saturday was no exception. We use a software system for the waitlist that has helped significantly in the management of our waitlist, however we will have our IT team check the system to ensure that it is being used in the most efficient way possible. It is very important that the order of arrival be respected.

We do have three distinct zones, at times it does seem to be difficult to get guests to respect the different zones, no amount of signage ever seems to be enough, however the infinity pool is in the social section, the pool that is in the silent section is the one that is tucked in behind the steam rooms. Our staff does circulate in the quiet section, outside, however not inside the sauna’s.

We outsource the towel and robe rental, very sorry that we were out when you arrived. We understand the frustration that this can cause. We have added more robes and towels to the inventory in hopes that this will help the situation.

We know you come from far, however we can assure you that a visit on any other day of the week can be very relaxing. People come to the spa for many different reasons and for some relaxation is all about being social and for some it is there very first visit to a spa and they are very excited which is very unfortunate for those that come for silence. We hope that you will come again and that your friends will as well. The spa truly is designed to offer a unique and relaxing experience for guests.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Marianne Trotier
Spokesperson
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Winter Wonderland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I spent an amazing, carefree, day at Nordik for our wedding anniversary. It was magical! Our check in, exploring each hidden gem, to check out couldn't have been better. Around each corner is a beautiful setting, wood fires, relaxation huts, Kalla treatment, Sauna's, and so much, that just got better and better. The Thermals and massage therapists' were amazing. We both highly recommend Nordik.