“Languid, romantic, serene time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Languid, romantic, serene time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Took a mid-week escape from work with a boy friend and we headed to the Nordik Spa in Chelsea for a first-time visit. First we booked into the Hilton Lac Leamy hotel and then drove the 15 minutes to the Nordik spa. There are reasons I did not give this venue 5 stars, one being the signage outside and inside is horrible and we had to ask people where to go to enter the spa. Once inside we were quickly registered, and again, the reason for only 4 stars was the girl registering us was obviously ill, and I had to ask her for directions and instructions.
The maps that they have are terrible and this could have been a real sticking point for me, but we managed to find our way around. Hint: go outside turn right and right again.
This was an incredible experience. We obviously came at exactly the right time, arrived around 5:00 pm. It was magical and there was no need for massages etc. We hopped from thermal pool, to sauna, to pool, to the bar, etc. Beautiful evening views over the Gatineau and Ottawa valley. Finished the night in the steam rooms. The one sauna that disappointed was the Aromatherapy spa - it just smelled like old feet - but all other areas were great and we really enjoyed it. Loved the post-spa change room (high quality hair dryers etc.). We brought our own robes and flipflops. I will most certainly do this again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Poor Service and Not Breastfeeding Friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first experience at Nordik and I was repeatedly disappointed. First I had a massage scheduled for 10:00. This was both the time they told me when I made the appointment and when I checked in. After waiting a half hour in the waiting room (they ask you to arrive 15 min before your treatment) I finally went to find someone at 10:15 only to be told my massage was scheduled for 10:30. So rather than spend that half hour in the baths I wasted it waiting around. When I finally had my massage I repeatedly heard a phone buzzing throughout the treatment which I found extremely unprofessional. I also happen to be a breastfeeding mother of a child who nurses every 2 hours. I called the week prior to my visit to explain my situation and ensure there was a place where I'd be able to pump throughout the day. I was assured there was a room off the dressing room where I'd be able to do this. When I arrived and couldn't find the room I asked someone where it was and was informed that they don't have a room they just usually book someone into a massage room. After making a big deal about the fact that I need to pump every 2 hours they said they'd be able to give me a room for 20 min every 2 hours. With no clocks anywhere to tell the time it would have been impossible to make sure I got there on time to pump within a 20 minute window so I ended up pumping in the shower stall instead. Ironically the shower stall has a sign about how breastfeeding friendly they are and that they're happy to provide a room for breastfeeding mothers. I called two days later to speak to a manager (I didn't want to loose even more time out of my spa weekend with the girls) I was told a manager/supervisor wasn't available to talk to me and that they would take the details of my complaint and have someone call me back within the week. After a whole week went by without a call I called back today only to be told the supervisor isn't in and will call tomorrow. So not only was their service terrible but obviously addressing my concerns and poor experience is not a priority to Le Nordik. When paying over $250 for a day I expect better service.

82 Thank tlanouette
Kingston, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“They don't enforce their own rules”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been to this spa several times now and it has amazing potential. Unfortunately, it seems to be going downhill.
My biggest complaint is that the no cell phone/camera rule is not enforced. The last time I was there I saw so many people using their devices in the spa. I actually told some guy to put away his phone when I saw he was covertly trying to take a photo of a woman who was very overweight. I saw several people taking photos. I actually saw a staff person agree to take a photo of a group of young women! He should have immediately told them no cameras/cell phones allowed and insisted they return their phone to the locker. Another complaint is that the quiet zones are not enforced. I love the idea that they have divided the spa up into areas for quiet and areas where you can socialize with your friends. PLEASE ENFORCE the quiet zones. Honestly, at the entrance make the rules very clear and tell people the rules will be enforced. Lastly, the women's washroom does not have enough shower stalls or toilets. Beautiful spot, amazing scenery and so many pools, steams, saunas, hot tubs, etc. I love getting a massage there. But frustrating when you want peace and quiet and you have to listen to a group of people blabbing loudly about their workplace or their kids - I came here to escape all that for a while!

32 Thank kingstononebedroom
Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“An awesome winter experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We arrived just as they opened which was great as quite a line formed. The whole experience is coordinated perfectly. After lunch, it was getting busy and the pools were getting crowded but we moved around and found spots that weren't busy.

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Always pleasant all season long”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Went to Le Nordik with a friend for her birthday this week, although it was fairly cold like -13 that morning, we still decided to stick to our plan, and i am glad we did. Places was it too busy and service was great, always lots of wood burning in the fire pit rest area.