“Superb Spa”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Very nice Spa with lots of sauna options... The place is very clean and well decorated with a nice natural environment

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Nothing nicer than spending a cold winter day soaking in a warm pool, reading by a toasty fire, or sweating it out in a steam sauna! Of course having a glass of wine with my cheese platter as a mid-afternoon snack hit the spot.

This spa is my go-to hide-away when I need some quality me time.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

No wheelchair accessible pools (ramps), stairs only.
Long wait times, 3hrs on average for entry (2.5 for our visit), so arrive early in the morning to get a full day in. There is a little artisan village down the road to visit while waiting. We ended up having to share a locker, but we got complimentary wine for our 'troubles; :)
We had a lovely time trying each of the pools, wood fire rest areas and dry/steam sauna houses.
There is a restaurant on site, a few villas and lots of staff.
Bring water shoes, water bottle and something to mark your robe from others, or bring your own robe and towels.
Our fresh-just-started robes were taken and we were left with soaking wet ones, thankfully my glasses were left on a shelf lol!
It was an amazing experience and the time just flew by! The staff is great at keeping people quiet, no cameras allowed and they were quite friendly.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Took a mid-week escape from work with a boy friend and we headed to the Nordik Spa in Chelsea for a first-time visit. First we booked into the Hilton Lac Leamy hotel and then drove the 15 minutes to the Nordik spa. There are reasons I did not give this venue 5 stars, one being the signage outside and inside is horrible and we had to ask people where to go to enter the spa. Once inside we were quickly registered, and again, the reason for only 4 stars was the girl registering us was obviously ill, and I had to ask her for directions and instructions.
The maps that they have are terrible and this could have been a real sticking point for me, but we managed to find our way around. Hint: go outside turn right and right again.
This was an incredible experience. We obviously came at exactly the right time, arrived around 5:00 pm. It was magical and there was no need for massages etc. We hopped from thermal pool, to sauna, to pool, to the bar, etc. Beautiful evening views over the Gatineau and Ottawa valley. Finished the night in the steam rooms. The one sauna that disappointed was the Aromatherapy spa - it just smelled like old feet - but all other areas were great and we really enjoyed it. Loved the post-spa change room (high quality hair dryers etc.). We brought our own robes and flipflops. I will most certainly do this again.

Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Dear LimeCordialCMP,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are truly happy you enjoyed our different baths, saunas and relaxation areas. Indeed, evenings at Nordik Spa-Nature are very relaxing and magical.

Rest assured that we take note of your comment regarding signage outside and inside.
We are currently reviewing the posters on our site with our technical team in order to improve the general experience.

Thank you again for your great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,
Marianne Trotier
Spokesperson

Reviewed 13 February 2017

This was my first experience at Nordik and I was repeatedly disappointed. First I had a massage scheduled for 10:00. This was both the time they told me when I made the appointment and when I checked in. After waiting a half hour in the waiting room (they ask you to arrive 15 min before your treatment) I finally went to find someone at 10:15 only to be told my massage was scheduled for 10:30. So rather than spend that half hour in the baths I wasted it waiting around. When I finally had my massage I repeatedly heard a phone buzzing throughout the treatment which I found extremely unprofessional. I also happen to be a breastfeeding mother of a child who nurses every 2 hours. I called the week prior to my visit to explain my situation and ensure there was a place where I'd be able to pump throughout the day. I was assured there was a room off the dressing room where I'd be able to do this. When I arrived and couldn't find the room I asked someone where it was and was informed that they don't have a room they just usually book someone into a massage room. After making a big deal about the fact that I need to pump every 2 hours they said they'd be able to give me a room for 20 min every 2 hours. With no clocks anywhere to tell the time it would have been impossible to make sure I got there on time to pump within a 20 minute window so I ended up pumping in the shower stall instead. Ironically the shower stall has a sign about how breastfeeding friendly they are and that they're happy to provide a room for breastfeeding mothers. I called two days later to speak to a manager (I didn't want to loose even more time out of my spa weekend with the girls) I was told a manager/supervisor wasn't available to talk to me and that they would take the details of my complaint and have someone call me back within the week. After a whole week went by without a call I called back today only to be told the supervisor isn't in and will call tomorrow. So not only was their service terrible but obviously addressing my concerns and poor experience is not a priority to Le Nordik. When paying over $250 for a day I expect better service.

83  Thank tlanouette
Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Hello Tlanouette,

Thank you for taking the time to reaching out to us ! This is definitely not the service we want our guests to have.

Regarding your massage treatment, we ask our guests to arrive at the spa at least 30 minutes prior to the massage time, in order to have time to check-in, change and fill the health questionnaire prior to the massage. We are sorry that you wasted time waiting and if we missed giving you the exact time of your appointment.

As for our breastfeading area, we are presently working on another emplacement ( we used to have one that is now have another function). We probably forgot to take off the sign in the changing stall. We are working with the design team to renovate a room and make it breastfeading friendly by offering a confortable chair with cushions, power, a fridge with a lock, a changing table for baby, all this in a quiet and close room.

We would like to appologize for your first experience at Nordik . I understand that you finally got a discussion with one of our director, and that you agreed to give us a second chance. We greatly appreciate it!

Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,