“Best Spa ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Spa ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is my first spa and I am worried it cannot be beaten. They have so many hot pools and cold pools with different temperatures and saunas as well. We spent 11 hrs there including a massage and I left not doing two pools. We went in a snow storm and freezing and the view was beautiful. I think it is probably better than going in the summer. Massages are probably a hit and miss as mine was good but my bfs wasn't. Salt water bath and the infinity pool was my favourite.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Pure Bliss at Nordik”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Over the weekend, my best friend and I travelled to Quebec for our very first spa experience. It was truly phenomenal! Highlights include the källa treatment and the 60 minute Swedish massage.

For those looking for peace and quiet, the källa pool is the place to be. Very few people compared to some of the other pools. While the massage was wonderful, if I do return, I will likely only pay for access to the baths to cut down on costs. Speaking of costs, I was astonished to discover that they wouldn't replace my soaking wet bath robe (which I paid for), while the free towels were constantly being restocked. Are robes really a limited resource at a spa?? Having to put on a wet robe throughout the thermal experience was quite unpleasant.

Although the point of the thermal cycle is transitioning from hot to cold, it would have been nice to be able to access the källa pool without going outside (our change room was near the lobby).

I see a lot of comments about photography, and given the fact my friend and I wanted to snap some photos of our own, we weren't bothered by others taking pictures. I could care less if I was in the background of someone else's photo. But I can see how this may take away from the tranquil environment. Anyways, I did see the no-device policy being enforced on a few occasions.

With our luck, there happened to be a snow storm that day, which brought a solid foot of snow while we were in the spa. That being said, I was surprised to see they only maintained clear pathways within the spa, and not the surrounding premises. This made for a near impossible exit with a small vehicle - I got stuck several times and had to maneuver through the snow filled parking lot and roadway. For a spa promoting health and wellness, you would think they would invest in better maintenance of the property for its guests.

All in all, despite a few hiccups, my friend and I enjoyed a relaxing getaway. Nordik Spa offers its guests a truly one of a kind experience in a beautiful environment. Hoping to return some day!

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Superb Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice Spa with lots of sauna options... The place is very clean and well decorated with a nice natural environment

Visited February 2017
“A wonderful place to spend a wintery day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Nothing nicer than spending a cold winter day soaking in a warm pool, reading by a toasty fire, or sweating it out in a steam sauna! Of course having a glass of wine with my cheese platter as a mid-afternoon snack hit the spot.

This spa is my go-to hide-away when I need some quality me time.

Kingston, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

No wheelchair accessible pools (ramps), stairs only.
Long wait times, 3hrs on average for entry (2.5 for our visit), so arrive early in the morning to get a full day in. There is a little artisan village down the road to visit while waiting. We ended up having to share a locker, but we got complimentary wine for our 'troubles; :)
We had a lovely time trying each of the pools, wood fire rest areas and dry/steam sauna houses.
There is a restaurant on site, a few villas and lots of staff.
Bring water shoes, water bottle and something to mark your robe from others, or bring your own robe and towels.
Our fresh-just-started robes were taken and we were left with soaking wet ones, thankfully my glasses were left on a shelf lol!
It was an amazing experience and the time just flew by! The staff is great at keeping people quiet, no cameras allowed and they were quite friendly.

Visited November 2016