“Awesome place”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Tampa
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Awesome place”
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

We visited the site and we had a great time. The variety of saunas available is superb. Its truly a full day spa..maybe even a week..

Visited July 2016

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice and relaxing visit”
Reviewed 7 March 2017

We had a nice mother/daughter day at the Spa on the weekend. We got there around 10am to avoid some of the crowds and did not have to wait to check in. We were greeted professionally and the staff at the front desk were very patient (I had forgotten my wallet in my car). They were very understanding and cheerful. The change room was clean but a little tight, however everything was lovely. The robes and towels were plush and comfortable. We enjoyed all of the pools and the saunas. We found most people were respectful of the noise level in each area. There was a cold wind that day so I would recommend wearing a toque (an old one if you are worried about damaging it in the pools) but we were fine most of the time. You can also buy one there at the gift shop. I would also recommend wearing sun glasses, my daughter forgot hers in her locker but we simply went back after lunch. The lunch was very nice however the room was a little crowded (it was noon though!) so if you want less crowds, I would go earlier. We had a slight problem with one locker however someone helped us right away and they were very cheerful and understanding. We noticed quite a few more people after 2pm so we decided to leave. The change room was then a bit more crowded but still not uncomfortable. We are already planning our next trip!

Visited March 2017
Whitehorse, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A delightful get away on an incredible property. Wow!”
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Recently went to Spa Nordik with my husband for some much needed R&R. We deliberately went the day after Valentine's Day to avoid the crowds. For a Wednesday, the place was busy but not crowded. There are three zones on the property - silent zone, quiet zone (whispers permitted) and chatty zone. I loved the quiet zone (though people are rude and forgot to shut their mouths). The hot spring pool in the quiet zone is great with its little water fall. There was a great selection of saunas throughout the property: from little traditional saunas where you pour water on the rocks to larger spaces offering the Russian sauna style with a scented salt scrub. Bring your own shoes, water bottle and bath robe/ covering to save a bit of money instead of renting on site. The robe is a must in winter. They provide the towel and can provide robes and shoes. See their website for details. I also loved the wooden cabins with the fireplace in the middle of it, known as the relaxation zone. There were the cozy winter hammochs for sleeping in which I did not get a chance to try. The Japanese warm beds of stone was amazing. Overall, the experience was respectful, introspective and refreshing. People weren't gawking or checking you out. Worth the cost and your time! (We ate off site at the nearby Chelsea pub and there are other restaurants nearby. Next time, we may try eating on site.)

Ottawa, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice Day with Family”
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I'm not much of a spa person; however I went with my niece (18) and sister (secret age :) ) They had massages and said they were very relaxing and enjoyed them. Don't let the rain deter you from going. I snuggled in the heated sleeping bag....awesome! The lounge is the highlight. The food and ambiance is excellent and well priced. Nothing to heavy. The service we had in the lounge we received was excellent. Friendly staff.
My sister and niece paid extra for the salt water floating pool ($40). I think it's a little excessive, but I have done it once and it is relaxing and purifying. Probably wouldn't spend the extra $ on it again.
The one thing to note - I did call and ask if there was wifi; because I had a call I had to attend and potentially use my computer. I was told no WiFi...this was incorrect. There was WiFi in the restaurants and main area's where you could talk. That was disappointing I received the incorrect info.
Still had an enjoyable day.

Montreal, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“That feeling of being taken for granted”
Reviewed 5 March 2017

This was my second visit to this spa. I had been there a year ago to give a relaxing break to a niece I cherish and admire a lot for having the courage to go back to school. First time I was really impressed with the size and beauty of the place. Living in Montreal not far from the Laurentians where there is a multitude of unique spas, it normally takes me a lot to be really impressed. At first sight I was. I guess the fact that the Nordik Spa was in the area where I was born and raised made me want to see something really unique in it. But my first experience of a year ago had left me a little pensive as I felt it was really expensive in comparison to most of the reputed spas I have been to before. I guess the size of the place combined with the lack of orientation of the staff, as if everything was organized around repeat business, gave me that feeling that I was not getting enough value for my $. But it was a first time so I decided to give it a chance and this year I decided to returned for the beginning of my niece March break. So on the Friday afternoon, I left Montreal earlier to pick her up in Gatineau. We finally made it around 7:15pm. Since the place closes at midnight, I felt it was plentiful to eat, get a massage, float in the salted bath and enjoy all the external facilities. Unfortunately, after a nice dinner and good massage from very professional staff, we were told that all the external baths had been closed due to a storm that had started outside for security reasons which was the right thing to do. Since the baths were not going to re-open before midnight and there is so much floating in the salt water and drinking you can do when you have to drive after, we decided to leave around 11pm. Obviously we were not the only ones as it was obvious that we were in the way of the cleaning staff while trying to dress up in the vestiaire. When we left, the lady at the counter asked us in a recorded fashion how happy we were with our stay and I responded that we were happy about the services we had received but I felt a bit disappointed considering that our stay had cost me $600 for 3.5 hours. Without even looking at me, she responded that unfortunately there was nothing she could do and she suggested me too contact Customer Service. I did not say anything as it was obvious that she had no power, could not care less and just wanted the day to be over. Since I was leaving the country the following Monday for business reasons, I wrote to them on the Sunday via their web site to propose to get a reimbursement or a credit for the access to the external baths to allow my niece to go back with a friend during her March break. I received an automated note thanking me for my interest in the Nordik and they would get back to me within 48 hours. 5 work days later I am still waiting and I am sorry to say that I will never go back there. Obviously someone over there is not very good in business cases and customer experience and is very short term visionary. Here is a simple mathematical calculation. Chosen scenario: $450 + $600 = $1050. Missed opportunity: $450 + $600 - $126 + food + average of $500 per year for as long as I go back home on a regular basis - all the revenues from the people who choose to go elsewhere after I tell them my story... So to my 16,986 readers I invite you to consider other options before going there because there are.

169 Thank lapetitemusique
Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this review, 10 March 2017
Dear lapetitemusique,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would like to first apologize that a manager did not respond to your original email. The email has been located and we will be following up with the manager in charge of corresponding with you.

Thank you for taking the time and spending your hard-earned leisure money on a day at Nordik Spa-Nature, there are certainly many other spas between here and Montreal, however I hope you will agree that none of them offer many of the unique services that we work hard to offer here at Nordik Spa-Nature in the Outaouais region. Despite the negative experience at the end of your visit, we sincerely hope that you enjoyed your day with your niece.

We are always at the mercy of mother nature and unfortunately in the event of any thunder or lightning we are required to close our pools until the risk of danger has passed. This is always disappointing for our guests and we try our best to keep the disruption to a minimum.

It would be our pleasure to discuss this with you further by phone. You can reach our Manager directly at 819-827-1111 x 337. We look forward to speaking with you.

Best regards,