“Nice settings for a relaxing visit”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Huge spa located close to Ottawa. Plenty of parking with easy access off the highway. The settings is just about perfect with load of trees and a very relaxing atmosphere. The bath and saunas are great. Food and drink are also very good. It is indeed a bit expensive but still worth the trip. I like the fact that they split up the place in two with a section where people can talk and bit a bit more noisy and a section more calm.

There are newer reviews for Nordik Spa-Nature

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I go to Nordik spa about 4 times a year or more and that's been about 5 years now. I will start looking to other places because it just ridiculous pricey now and more and more louder.

Don't get me wrong the food is amazing, but the lounge dinning area is ridiculous people were waiting for 30 minutes and then new people were arrive and take the table. Which made an argument between two group of people right in front of us, I felt very uncomfortable. People should take numbers and waiters should assign tables to avoid this.

Also, people were yelling in the silence people. No joke, the employee went talk to them thank god! In an other quiet area we had headphones and we could ear people talking. People were just so disrespectful.

However I always enjoy relaxing time even all of those down side. I just hope that my comments will help you guys to improve customer service.

Oh, and the Kalla is amazing!

6  Thank Karen-Emereza
Marianne T, Responsable des relations publiques at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Karen-Emereza,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments have been taken to heart and will help us improve our services moving forward.

We have recently been a victim of our own success, but rest assured we are taking action. Unfortunately it is difficult for us to take reservations at our restaurants. Guests typically don't keep track of time when they are enjoying our facilities and most would not arrive on time. This would often leave our dining room with empty tables instead of accommodating a guest immediately. Our first come first serve policy is in place in order to accommodate the maximum number of guests.

However, we are working on a better solution. We are beginning an expansion of our Panoramic Lounge this Fall. We will be building a state of the art kitchen and adding approximately 150 seats in the dining room. This will definitely help eliminate any wait times.

We are in the midst of solving the noise level problems as well. Our guests enjoy the fact that we have several different, but we need to ensure that those zones are being respected at all times. We have added full time employees responsible for monitoring guests behaviours in all 3 sections. We are also adding more visible signage and even separators which will help our guests recognize the transition from one zone to the next.

Rest assured that your comments have not fallen on deaf ears and we take all guest comments seriously. We plan on improving continually and thank you once again for helping us along our journey.

Best regards,
Marianne Trotier
Spokesperson

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

We visited the site and we had a great time. The variety of saunas available is superb. Its truly a full day spa..maybe even a week..

Reviewed 7 March 2017

We had a nice mother/daughter day at the Spa on the weekend. We got there around 10am to avoid some of the crowds and did not have to wait to check in. We were greeted professionally and the staff at the front desk were very patient (I had forgotten my wallet in my car). They were very understanding and cheerful. The change room was clean but a little tight, however everything was lovely. The robes and towels were plush and comfortable. We enjoyed all of the pools and the saunas. We found most people were respectful of the noise level in each area. There was a cold wind that day so I would recommend wearing a toque (an old one if you are worried about damaging it in the pools) but we were fine most of the time. You can also buy one there at the gift shop. I would also recommend wearing sun glasses, my daughter forgot hers in her locker but we simply went back after lunch. The lunch was very nice however the room was a little crowded (it was noon though!) so if you want less crowds, I would go earlier. We had a slight problem with one locker however someone helped us right away and they were very cheerful and understanding. We noticed quite a few more people after 2pm so we decided to leave. The change room was then a bit more crowded but still not uncomfortable. We are already planning our next trip!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Recently went to Spa Nordik with my husband for some much needed R&R. We deliberately went the day after Valentine's Day to avoid the crowds. For a Wednesday, the place was busy but not crowded. There are three zones on the property - silent zone, quiet zone (whispers permitted) and chatty zone. I loved the quiet zone (though people are rude and forgot to shut their mouths). The hot spring pool in the quiet zone is great with its little water fall. There was a great selection of saunas throughout the property: from little traditional saunas where you pour water on the rocks to larger spaces offering the Russian sauna style with a scented salt scrub. Bring your own shoes, water bottle and bath robe/ covering to save a bit of money instead of renting on site. The robe is a must in winter. They provide the towel and can provide robes and shoes. See their website for details. I also loved the wooden cabins with the fireplace in the middle of it, known as the relaxation zone. There were the cozy winter hammochs for sleeping in which I did not get a chance to try. The Japanese warm beds of stone was amazing. Overall, the experience was respectful, introspective and refreshing. People weren't gawking or checking you out. Worth the cost and your time! (We ate off site at the nearby Chelsea pub and there are other restaurants nearby. Next time, we may try eating on site.)