“Great experience however didn't end well”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Overall experience was great. We went in the winter on a cold day. Reason for four star is that near the end of the visit we went to one of the small pool at the very top and there was couple who left as soon as we got there. Took us a minute to figure out as the people had been having sex in the pool and we saw body fluids in the pool that touched us. We got out of there fast and complained at the desk near the change rooms. The experience did not end on a very good note and believe the spa should have provided a return visit or so e other type of acknowledgement or a service. Our complaint was basically dismissed.

5  Thank 51supermom
FrazerBerry, Directeur général at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear 51supermom,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are sorry to hear that your experience in January when you visited the spa, did not meet your expectations.

In the 4 months since your visit, we have made many changes to the way we monitor the site and work with challenges that are faced. Rest assured that in no case we tolerate such behavior on the part of our guests. Every guest who enters the spa must sign our Spa Etiquette with the rules of conduct. We have no tolerance for this kind of behavior and we do not hesitate to expel clients who have inappropriate behavior.

Thank you again for the feedback, and we trust your next visit will be a restful and relaxing one. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,
Frazer Berry

There are newer reviews for Nordik Spa-Nature

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We spent a wonderful day at Nordik Spa. Massage was first on the agenda-I will definitely return for another massage! Then we spent the day in the pools and saunas. We loved the Russian sauna with the salts and the Finlandia was amazing! The infinity pool was gorgeous and the drinks by the pool were perfect! Can't wait to return!

1  Thank LSteerVachon
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

FIRST GLANCE:

It's breathtaking the view....
First off, getting up those steps to the entrance were gruesome. I wonder how people with disabilities get up there. Then we were bombarded with so many people, at the entrance. It seems that, the reception (which should be in its own place) mixes with clients that are about to go into their treatments or about to check out. It was just a big loud mixup. We arrived to the front desk, and we were were giving our bracelets to activate our lockers.

BATHS:

The baths were fantastic, especially GËSER. Not a fan of the cold water, but my friends tried it and she loved it, while my other friend said the cold water literally hurt to the touch.

SAUNAS:

Saunas were amazing especially the Russian sauna, where you can exfoliate right before you enter the Sauna.

Eucalyptus steam sauna smells like feet, not one ounce of its desired smell.

FOOD:

Resto bistro and terrace, was were we ate. The menu is overpriced for basic food. I ordered the turkey which was like lunch and meat quality turkey, instead of the clean fresh cut of white turkey slices.
I love the bread of the sandwich. My friends both had the salmon sandwich which they enjoyed.

TREATMENTS:

I had the vivifying treatment. I knew from the beginning I didn't want my scalp and face touched. So I told the therapist I didn't want it touched. She seemed a bit shocked and then proceeded to tell me "if I minded that my treatment finish 10 minutes earlier, because the mask was 20 minutes...... i would think since I'm cutting things out I would get maybe a longer massage or scrub have no idea... but nope. Disappointed. I did like the heat on my back.

BEST MASSAGE EVVVVVVER:
I was extremely excited about a Thai massage, since I've always Wanted to try it. Massage therapist was friendly, and knew exactly what she was doing. I usually enjoy sleeping in my massage, so being moves around had me on pins and needles but she was so great. I was stretched, & pulled never felt more of a lightness after a massage! Ever I regretted only booking an hour. I cannot wait to go back, and with Andréanne Hardy-Mercure !!

We went back to the baths again and it was slightly busier, but still calming...

I plan to go back, since I believe there will be mud wraps or baths...

*tips book extremely early before the crowds and lines commence. Maybe try to bring snacks, to eat during the breaks in your day. Water and teas are available right outside of your waiting area.

Great spa!! Just change your reception area.

2  Thank BbeatriceKiddo
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Had been wanting to go for awhile and was fortunate to have a work colleague treat me and two friends to a day there - after a wonderful lunch at the Chelsea Pub we arrived to a 20 min line up to check in to find out that our reservation for our treatments were at a different time (which was ok but we were rushing to make it on time) - anyway we finally got checked in, front desk staff was very friendly, got our lockers but found the change room and frankly the whole place very very crowded - headed to the hot tubs to find them all very full and no where to really hang a towel or change one, in fact once we were done with the front desk staff we were on our own, found a seat in the silent zone and were stared at by the silent police to the point of it being uncomfortable so we found the talking pool, very crowded and very creepy really - we left to go to our treatment which was very nice albeit confusing to find with zero staff around to ask where to go, spa treatment was nice the little lady who did it was very professional and I enjoyed that, no real direction tho just some forms we figured we had to fill out so we did and a very crabby older lady masseuse who gave me heck when I was startled when someone walked in on me in the washroom and we both laughed she SHUSHED us a bit more forcefully than was necessary
All in all it was a nice day with friends but I won't spend my money there again, I can get a good massage/exfoliation in a less crowded less creepy environment - I guess I'm more about less than more when it comes to soaking in a hot tub - I'm not shy but it was just weird being in a hot tub with 50 strangers - place was way too crowded - oh and the hot tubs were at 95 which isn't hot to me

102  Thank lcritskes
FrazerBerry, Directeur général at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear lcritskes,

Thank you for your comments. We are really happy that your enjoyed your massage and our friendly staff at the front desk.

As it is true that we have being experiencing some challenges with the volume of popularity for the past few years, we are extremely happy to inform you that very serious actions are being put in place to ease your next visit and maximize your relaxing experience. We are currently in process of changing some of our operations methods and increasing substantially the number of colleagues in specific area to maximise a complete relaxing experience. I may assure you that all efforts are being convey to improve the matter.

We take note of your comment regarding signage on site. We will review this matter with our design team.

Our guests visit our facilities to experience several different experiences. We therefore have baths of different temperatures and offer many benefits. Our Geser is our warmest bath with a temperature of 102 F.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Frazer Berry

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Just spent half a day at the Nordik and we can't wait to go back! We had been there some years ago but we hadn't been since the expansion. I was glad to see that it has been kept up to date. The facilities were clean, modern, functional and free of mold, which I've found to be an issue in many of these places. Not here. Everything was clean, the towels and robes were soft as they should be. The change rooms were clean and smelled good. The water in the pools was clean and free of particles. I get itchy easily and I didn't have any issues whatsoever.

We started our day with massages. We had californians and we both agreed those were the best massages we've ever had. Top professionals. We then spent a couple hours trying out the various steam rooms, saunas, hot and cold pools. We found the main sauna to be overcrowded and not hot enough, but we then stumbled upon the smaller barrel shaped one and got a proper sweat! We ended our day with a meal in the café. We had the mussels, the scallops and the pulled beef. The quality of the food was great and the service was excellent. There are many areas we still haven't explored so we will definitely be back soon!

1  Thank Ariane L