“Amazing as Always”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Perfect trip to the spa! It never feels overcrowded. No problem parking. There was a line-up at the reception desk but it moved quickly. Food was delicious!

There are newer reviews for Nordik Spa-Nature

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to Nordik. This spa is in a beautiful location with lots of things to do and my partner and I always leave feeling relaxed. Both times that we've gone we have planned our visit during the week to avoid the overcrowding that some people experience. I can honestly say that we have never really had trouble with crowds although there was a very significant and slow moving line when we arrived this time. Regardless we were checked in and got ourselves sorted and ready to enjoy our day. We decided to rent our robes this time. We spent $12 dollars each. We were both careful all day to try to keep our robes dry by wrapping ourselves in towels before putting on the robes. Unfortunately, it rained quite hard late in the afternoon and my robe got wet. I tried to take it in to the dry saunas with me to dry but it was a lost cause. We had planned dinner with another couple in the main restaurant that evening where robes and shoes are mandatory. I went to the front desk and asked for a dry robe and I was told that I would have to pay another $12. I understand that the spa gets busy and they can't be giving out robes all day the way that they do towels but it wasn't busy by this point and it had been raining. I explained that I needed a robe for dinner and the service representative was unapologetic bordering on rude. I ate my meal shivering in a wet robe.
Spa Nordik isn't cheap and that's ok. I don't mind paying for excellent service and beautiful atmosphere. I feel like I didn't get one of those things in this circumstance and it has left a bad taste in my mouth that had nothing to do with the meal.

1  Thank twool26
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Overall experience was great. We went in the winter on a cold day. Reason for four star is that near the end of the visit we went to one of the small pool at the very top and there was couple who left as soon as we got there. Took us a minute to figure out as the people had been having sex in the pool and we saw body fluids in the pool that touched us. We got out of there fast and complained at the desk near the change rooms. The experience did not end on a very good note and believe the spa should have provided a return visit or so e other type of acknowledgement or a service. Our complaint was basically dismissed.

5  Thank 51supermom
FrazerBerry, Directeur général at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear 51supermom,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are sorry to hear that your experience in January when you visited the spa, did not meet your expectations.

In the 4 months since your visit, we have made many changes to the way we monitor the site and work with challenges that are faced. Rest assured that in no case we tolerate such behavior on the part of our guests. Every guest who enters the spa must sign our Spa Etiquette with the rules of conduct. We have no tolerance for this kind of behavior and we do not hesitate to expel clients who have inappropriate behavior.

Thank you again for the feedback, and we trust your next visit will be a restful and relaxing one. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,
Frazer Berry

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We spent a wonderful day at Nordik Spa. Massage was first on the agenda-I will definitely return for another massage! Then we spent the day in the pools and saunas. We loved the Russian sauna with the salts and the Finlandia was amazing! The infinity pool was gorgeous and the drinks by the pool were perfect! Can't wait to return!

1  Thank LSteerVachon
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

FIRST GLANCE:

It's breathtaking the view....
First off, getting up those steps to the entrance were gruesome. I wonder how people with disabilities get up there. Then we were bombarded with so many people, at the entrance. It seems that, the reception (which should be in its own place) mixes with clients that are about to go into their treatments or about to check out. It was just a big loud mixup. We arrived to the front desk, and we were were giving our bracelets to activate our lockers.

BATHS:

The baths were fantastic, especially GËSER. Not a fan of the cold water, but my friends tried it and she loved it, while my other friend said the cold water literally hurt to the touch.

SAUNAS:

Saunas were amazing especially the Russian sauna, where you can exfoliate right before you enter the Sauna.

Eucalyptus steam sauna smells like feet, not one ounce of its desired smell.

FOOD:

Resto bistro and terrace, was were we ate. The menu is overpriced for basic food. I ordered the turkey which was like lunch and meat quality turkey, instead of the clean fresh cut of white turkey slices.
I love the bread of the sandwich. My friends both had the salmon sandwich which they enjoyed.

TREATMENTS:

I had the vivifying treatment. I knew from the beginning I didn't want my scalp and face touched. So I told the therapist I didn't want it touched. She seemed a bit shocked and then proceeded to tell me "if I minded that my treatment finish 10 minutes earlier, because the mask was 20 minutes...... i would think since I'm cutting things out I would get maybe a longer massage or scrub have no idea... but nope. Disappointed. I did like the heat on my back.

BEST MASSAGE EVVVVVVER:
I was extremely excited about a Thai massage, since I've always Wanted to try it. Massage therapist was friendly, and knew exactly what she was doing. I usually enjoy sleeping in my massage, so being moves around had me on pins and needles but she was so great. I was stretched, & pulled never felt more of a lightness after a massage! Ever I regretted only booking an hour. I cannot wait to go back, and with Andréanne Hardy-Mercure !!

We went back to the baths again and it was slightly busier, but still calming...

I plan to go back, since I believe there will be mud wraps or baths...

*tips book extremely early before the crowds and lines commence. Maybe try to bring snacks, to eat during the breaks in your day. Water and teas are available right outside of your waiting area.

Great spa!! Just change your reception area.

2  Thank BbeatriceKiddo