“Nice place to relax”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed 14 April 2017

If your looking for a relaxing day, and little get away this a good option. A little tranquil spa on the Quebec side about 35min from Ottawa, this place offers Massages, Relaxing outdoor hot baths, and spas. I enjoy my day here and will be back

There are newer reviews for Nordik Spa-Nature

Reviewed 12 April 2017

As always, I encourage people to try and read genuine TripAdvisor reviews that consist of objective and relevant information. The most "helpful" reviews are not always the most helpful.

After reading many mixed reviews about this spa complex in western QC, my wife and I have finally decided to give it a try.
The GOOD:
Nordik is conveniently located just off the highway, south of Ottawa and Gatineau. The parking lot is huge and just walking to the entrance might feel like a small hike to older visitors. The customer service is on point. I am sure that this is mostly due to extremely high number of daily visitors from all over. So koodos to the very helpful staff.
The location itself is very nice and feels relatively remote, despite being quite close to the capital. We did enjoy the nice food selection. There are two restaurants available on site.
My wife had a massage and said that it was arguably one of the best massages she has ever had (if not the best), so I suppose, I could recommend that to the visitors.
The dry saunas were not too bad. I found that most of them were not hot enough because of their size. I do believe that smaller sauna cabins keep the heat much better. The wet saunas and hot tubs were acceptable. I mean, it should be straightforward.
The facility itself was well kept, and the staff members seemed to be on the ball.
The towels are provided. The bathrobes are available for rent. Bring flip flops and your own bottled water.

The BAD:
Nordik is advertised as the largest spa in Canada. I am not entirely sure what measurements are being taken into account, but I have been to at least two other spas (even in QC) that do have more facilities. At least, the open ones.
Speaking of facilities, I never truly understood why can't a spa close entirely for a day or two and allow the construction workers to do their work properly. That way the visitors don't complain and the workers can make as much noise as they want. I understand that certain things need to be fixed, changed or built, but I suppose losing money by closing the business for a day or two is unbearable. Closed sections leave guests unsatisfied, it's a fact.
Another bad is a surprising lack of cold pools. Many spas have small cold pools right outside of the saunas and hot tubs or at least cold showers. Hot - cold - rest is a very frequent process for many people visiting the spas. Nordik had only ONE cold pool @ 10 C and two at 21 C (which, let's face it, is not that cold). I found only one cold shower on site, which did not function. Considering the amount of wet and dry saunas available, as well as the hot pools, the lack of cold pools is absolutely unacceptable.
Finally, I find that the division between the silence / whispering / talking sections just confuses people and makes the overall ambiance of the spa quite divided. I do not think that any spa should have a talking section, unless it's in a restaurant. However, that is solely my opinion.

The UGLY:
KALLA experience (or as misspelled by the previous user - salt water flotation pool). Very little can justify the extra ~$40 fee for this "experience", to be honest. I looked it up before going, and even then it was not very appealing to me. However, my pregnant wife really wanted to try it out, so we did. It is good to know in advance that the maximum number of people allowed in that salt water pool is 20. We entered the pool when there were 7-8 people, and even then we kept on bumping into other floating bodies trying to relax and disconnect. I do not even want to imagine how bad it gets when the capacity actually reaches 20. Overall, the idea is great and I can see how it can be very relaxing, but the execution is just poor and entirely thought through. Moreover, charging people ~$40 for this is almost criminal.
Besides that, Nordik spa is being heavily marketed as a pregnant-friendly spa. All in all, this has been my biggest issue with Nordik during this stay. The facility does offer prenatal massages (which are great, according to my wife), but that is pretty much it. The KALLA pool is barely targeted for pregnant women. My wife found it too hot and humid and had to leave after 15 minutes because she did not feel well in there. Besides that, the way I see it, there is very little relaxing about bumping into other people while floating. Generally, when you are pregnant, you are not advised to enter hot tubs nor pools with temperature higher than 36 C (sorry, I don't speak American). Out of all the pools, there is only ONE warm water pool under 36 C, which is kinda crazy, considering that there is an actual "Mom-To-Be package" offered. Needless to say, that moms-to-be cannot really enjoy multiple saunas either. So essentially, that only leaves the pregnant women with a bunch of relaxation rooms with wooden chairs and an infinity pool, if they want to visit this spa without a massage or the "KAKALLA".
These are facts, suit yourself. I found that the marketing in this case is very deceiving and disappointing.

Would I come back? Maybe. However, not when my wife is pregnant. Besides that, there are so many similar options in Montreal proximity that traveling to Ottawa region for this would be very unreasonable.

8  Thank 6shot
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Do yourself a favour, get past the initial shock of "how much extra???" and add access to the floatation pool to your bill. This is an incredibly relaxing experience, dim lights, soothing music piped in under water and full buoyancy. I can't remember the last time I was this relaxed and this is in addition to the now almost countless pools and saunas. The only thing missing is more steam rooms.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Perfect trip to the spa! It never feels overcrowded. No problem parking. There was a line-up at the reception desk but it moved quickly. Food was delicious!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to Nordik. This spa is in a beautiful location with lots of things to do and my partner and I always leave feeling relaxed. Both times that we've gone we have planned our visit during the week to avoid the overcrowding that some people experience. I can honestly say that we have never really had trouble with crowds although there was a very significant and slow moving line when we arrived this time. Regardless we were checked in and got ourselves sorted and ready to enjoy our day. We decided to rent our robes this time. We spent $12 dollars each. We were both careful all day to try to keep our robes dry by wrapping ourselves in towels before putting on the robes. Unfortunately, it rained quite hard late in the afternoon and my robe got wet. I tried to take it in to the dry saunas with me to dry but it was a lost cause. We had planned dinner with another couple in the main restaurant that evening where robes and shoes are mandatory. I went to the front desk and asked for a dry robe and I was told that I would have to pay another $12. I understand that the spa gets busy and they can't be giving out robes all day the way that they do towels but it wasn't busy by this point and it had been raining. I explained that I needed a robe for dinner and the service representative was unapologetic bordering on rude. I ate my meal shivering in a wet robe.
Spa Nordik isn't cheap and that's ok. I don't mind paying for excellent service and beautiful atmosphere. I feel like I didn't get one of those things in this circumstance and it has left a bad taste in my mouth that had nothing to do with the meal.

1  Thank twool26