“Beautiful setting - loud, expensive, long waiting lines, unfriendly staff and LOUD!”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

The good: the facilities are absolutely stunning!
The pools, the saunas, so many options all of them absolutely gorgeous - if this was a tranquil, relaxing spa I wouldn't mind paying the money but it is not.

The lines to check are extremely long and if you by any happen to have an issue then you will have to wait that line in your wet robe again (like it happen to me).
The staff since short is of course stressed out and it shows in how they treat their guests, almost even rolling their eyes at you!

Then it is the ambiance - forget spa think more like sorority + frats boys. Couples kissing and caressing at the pools, saunas etc., it doesn't matter if it is at the none existing "silence" area, "whisper" and it is even worse at the alcohol fueled loud area.

This is nothing like a spa - this is like a party cabin resort.

Will not be coming anytime soon!

117  Thank Heidi H
FrazerBerry, Directeur général at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Dear Heidi H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed our site. Our design team works hard to create unique and memorable experiences.

We are sorry that some aspects of your experience at the spa was not up to your expectations. As it is true that we have being experiencing some challenges with the volume of popularity for the past few years, we are extremely happy to inform you that very serious actions are being put in place to ease your next visit.

We recently hired more staff to conduct more frequent site tours and enforce our Spa Etiquette, so that all our guest respect the different silent and whispering areas.

Rest assured that your feedback will help us improve our services.
Once again, thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Frazer Berry

There are newer reviews for Nordik Spa-Nature

Reviewed 18 April 2017

My wife and I enjoyed a Saturday here. We arrived around 11 (about 2 hours later than planned) and found quite a few people in line waiting to get in. We were concerned the place would be packed. There were a lot of people but not in the sense that it interfered on our visit.
We had a great time exploring the various sauna's, steambaths, relaxtion rooms and plunge pools.
We enjoyed the fact that there were 3 different sections to the spa. The panaroma side got quite busy in the afternoon.
We had lunch at the panorama restaurant. This was our only disapointment. The morrocan style soup was outstanding. However, I ordered what was listed at a turkey sandwich. It arrived as a wrap. If I had known, I would have ordered something else. I thought I misread the menu but apparently I did not. Staff offered to make it right, but I thought it was my error so I just let it be.
We did the Kalla treatment and this was one of the highlights of our day. It was very relaxing to just float for a period of time and let our worries fade away.
We look forward to coming back, enjoying the spa and ordering something else on the menu that is not a wrap! :)

Reviewed 18 April 2017

So the last time we went here was about three years ago on a very cold day in December and it was packed! So packed that it was hard to get into the various areas and it turned us off the place and we didn't go until the first Monday of Ontario March break this year. After a wait of about 15 minutes, not too long as we had massages booked, we were checked in. The change rooms were quite nice and new (for us) as they opened the locks on our lockers and we could pay for food etc with them. Even though it was at capacity, the various areas were not overcrowded which was fantastic. There were a few new areas since our last visit; all of them great. With more in the works. Then on to our massage which was also terrific. The idea of hanging out in saunas, steam rooms and hot baths before a massage is a great idea and loosens you up. We had a light lunch at the more casual eatery and it was tasty and well done but a bit pricey. The only place that was overcrowded as it always is was the Earth Sauna as I think some people sleep there for perhaps hours! The only real disappointment was after spending well over $400 for the day for both of us, I took a shower in a really nice shower but with a shower head from a campground. You know the type; the ones stuck to the wall that dribble water out sporadically and are so weak that you have to hug the wall to get rinsed off. A 5 minute shower becomes a 15 minute ordeal. A disappointing end to a nice day.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We went here for our 5th wedding anniversary for the day and it's was such an amazing experience, we had a massage and got to enjoy the saunas and thermal pools.

The thermal pools are just experience in itself and with the 63$ if that is the only thing u want to do there is enough there to enjoy the whole day, everyone is walking around in their bathing suits, a bath robe and sandals.

The infinity pool has a panoramic view of Ottawa/Gatineau which was nice to look out and sip my wine.

It was raining out and with the rain there was steam rising from the pools to make it look so beautiful.

There are silence areas, whisper areas no alcohol allowed and talking areas which alcohol is allowed, there is mellow music playing all over, the talking is not loud which is great if you wanna grab a book you have been meaning to read and relax.

Free towels and exchanging them are free as well which is great as we went when it was cloudy and sprinkling out so it was nice to get a dry towel, they have wrist bands that you can load some money on so you don't have to worry about bringing anything with you like your purse or wallet.

There isn't any smoking allowed in the areas only outside the building but honestly I was there for 5 hours and didn't think about even having one until I got back to our car.

The only complaint I have out of my whole experience was seeing people sneaking their cell phones in to take pictures when it states all over the place no cell phones allowed but that's me I like to take a break from technology and enjoy nothing but relaxation.

Other then that the food was good decently priced just like the alcohol.

Perfect getaway for a day to pretend your on vacation and spoil yourself or both you and your spouse.

Hope you enjoy

Reviewed 14 April 2017

If your looking for a relaxing day, and little get away this a good option. A little tranquil spa on the Quebec side about 35min from Ottawa, this place offers Massages, Relaxing outdoor hot baths, and spas. I enjoy my day here and will be back