“A must do”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nordik spa in Quebec is in a beautiful area,lots of different pools at different temperatures,,all you need is a swimming costume and a credit card,I had an hours massage,very relaxing and worth the money,lunch was in a beautiful restaurant on site,there's outdoor pools that you can take drinks into,relax chairs,saunas, jacuzzi's,I would recommend to anyone visiting Canada.

1  Thank ginnybailey
There are newer reviews for Nordik Spa-Nature

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Scandinavian spa, to renew & recharge! Amazing experience. There, you follow a cleansing and purifying ritual ... Alternating between heat, cold and relaxation. They have recently renovated to include russian steambath! We went there in the evening.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I decided to book a Duo (couples) massage outdoors for my partners Birthday this week. I received a call the day before the massage from the Spa asking if it was alright if we had a male massage therapist for one of our massages, as the female who was booked previously was injured; this was fine.

On Monday we showed up for our couples massage, completed the Health Intake and waited for our Therapists to come get us. One female therapist showed up and called only my name. My partner asked if he was coming along too, the therapist stated she was only there for me.

Once my massage started, I began to wonder when my partner would be joining. After some time passed, I concluded that they must have made a mistake and not booked it as a couples massage, so he must have been getting a massage next door to me. Not the end of the world in my mind, since it wasn't like we were going to hold hands during the massage. It was still quite disappointing but not the end of the world.

When the hour was up, I exited the cabana and saw my partner sitting outside looking quite unhappy. I asked about his massage and he stated he never got it (on HIS Birthday). He was sitting, waiting for his massage therapist to come get him but nobody came. He was looking for a staff member to ask where his therapist was, however nobody was around. After about 30 minutes, a staff member finally walked by and left to find out what happened. She returned and stated that when the staff member called to ask if a male therapist would be alright, the staff member never actually booked us with him.

The spa offered us a refund for his massage along with 2 complimentary drinks and 2 admissions to the Salt Water Pool. While it was appreciated that they clearly acknowledged their error (on his birthday)...it was quite upsetting and stressful for my partner to be waiting for a massage that would never actually happen. In addition, when we arrived at the Spa in the morning, they confirmed we had 2 massages scheduled; I would have thought they could see that one actually wasn't booked...but they clearly didn't.

It was incredibly frustrating that this was what I had decided to gift my partner, we drove 2 hours to get there, were both really looking forward to sharing a massage at such a nice place and it was turned into such a stressful, disappointing birthday present. It would have been nice for them to schedule us a new couples massage, as the experience we wanted, was shared.

46  Thank EKingslea
FrazerBerry, Guest Experience Manager at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your last visit. Your comments are highly valued and are greatly appreciated helping us improving our facility and services. Nordik Spa Nature team strives to offer a service of excellence to all our guests.
We would like to sincerely apologize to you and your husband for the inconveniences and disappointment that occurred on your very special day. I may assure you that very serious steps are being taken to investigate the matter and to avoid disappointing future guests.

The director of the guest satisfaction department would like to discuss the matter directly with you via phone at 819-827-1111 ext.: 301 It would be our pleasure to follow up with you and gain a better understanding of the situation. We can assure you that this is an isolated incident and we will use the information that you share with us to improve the service we provide going forward.

Hugo Desautels
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

For me, it's one of theextraordinary places around Ottawa. I've been going for years, only few times a year and I enjoy it every time. The setup is extraordinary- has to be seen. The prices are high but I always return satisfied.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I booked one of their packages for my wife so that she could relax on her 30th birthday. She enjoyed the massage and use of the various pools. Unfortunately, her birthday surprise was ruined by the untrained and incompetent staff, which I explain below.

I booked the package for my wife using my credit card over the phone. The person that helped me book the package over the phone told me that everything will be charged to my credit card after my wife leaves the spa. It was a birthday gift so she was supposed to just show up, spend whatever she wanted and then leave without having to worry about the payment. However, upon arriving, she was told that she had to pay for the total amount upfront and was not allowed to use my credit card that was on file. Essentially, she paid for her own birthday gift! It was a very embarrassing situation for her and for me as well. In addition, the reception staff overcharged us by by $72. She charged my wife for thermal access for two people, even though she was there alone!

It doesn't stop there. The reception staff then told her she needed to put a minimum of $100 on her bracelet to buy lunch or additional items. She subsequently tells her that it's not $100 minimum but $40. I have never seen or heard of anything like this happening at any business where they don't even know the cost of their services. It's not even that the person was new and needed to double check with a supervisor. She seemed to be very confident with what she was doing, although most of it was incorrect.

After multiple emails and phone calls, I was put in touch with a reservation supervisor that told me I would get a refund. She indicated that I was not supposed to book the massage package over the phone with a credit card but that I should have bought a gift card for my wife. If the person I spoke to initially would have just told me that then I would not have booked it that way and not gone through so much trouble. After speaking to the reservations supervisor, I asked to speak to someone above her like an actual manager, however, she was not receptive to that as all she said was that she would make sure management is made aware of my issue. I highly doubt she is going to tell her manager/boss anything, probably because they make so many mistakes and hear so many complaints from people.

This spa is supposed to be a more high-end place but it cannot offer that type of experience if there are a bunch of untrained, incompetent people working there that provide incorrect information. This place really needs to train their staff properly on basic things like providing accurate information on booking services, charging the client properly. The staff (not including the masseuse) really let this place down. I can definitely say that we will never go her again and we will tell everyone we know not to go there as well.

Oh, I forgot to mention that when my wife was there, she noticed that the 'drinking water' that is provided was filled up in the ladies washroom!

285  Thank Saeid10
FrazerBerry, Directeur général at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon Saeid R,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience about your last experience when you had purchase your wife’s birthday present. In reading of your comment we understand that there was a miscommunication between our agent when you had book the reservation. We should have informed you that you needed to purchase a gift certificate as we don’t keep any credit card information on file. We will follow up with our teams to ensure that these information are applied rigorously at all time and your comments will be shown to our telephone agent, as training purposes.

Finally, you had make a comment about our drinking water, rest assured that all our water is plugged into the public municipal service and it is drinkable water. All our infused water jug are filled in the kitchen during the day.We always appreciate customer critics since those allow us to improve our services. We hope this situation was isolated and will not happen again. Thank you very much and we look forward for your next visit.

Best regards,