Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
US$104
US$80
US$50
Islazul Villa Don Lino(Rafael Freyre)
US$74
Hostal Paraiso(Banes)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$92
4,376 results
All reviewsseafood restaurantel patiohavana barvilla poolpizzamartini barvilla buffetjohn lennonhotel sectiona la carte restaurantschurrosthe main hotelmain pooldonutslobstertea gardenwater ballet
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This was my first time in Cuba and I would defiantly go back in a second! The food wasn't all that great but once you found something you liked you'd just stick with that. The staff were amazing they were so nice! I would defiantly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bree-anna B
Reviewed April 21, 2012

If poolside relaxation and beach bumming around is what you're after, then Brisas is the place to go.

The atmosphere is pretty upbeat and everyone tends to have a good time here.

I've visited this resort twice, and both times it was an enjoyable experience. While it's not a taste of what Cuba really is, it has it's charms. The rooms were clean and well kept on a daily basis.

The only downside was the food in the buffet restaurant, but who goes to Cuba for good food? If you want good food the a la carte restaurants tend to provide a much higher quality of food than the general buffet, or you could try going somewhere off the resort.

If you don't mind loud noise several times per day, get an oceanview hotel room. If you prefer a more quiet atmosphere, go with a villa or non-oceanview room.

Great resort destination at an affordable price, who can ask for more?

Room Tip: If you don't mind loud noise several times per day, sometimes until 11pm, get an oceanview hotel room. If you prefer a more quiet atmosphere, go with a villa or non-oceanview room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adrian A
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We had booked at the last minute April 7th - 14th , had a wonderful time. Nice room, beautiful beach, the site very clean but food is so so, needs improvement. The staff is very nice, smilling, always willing to help. Very nice hotel for the price. We had no problems with water on our side. I have been in 4 stars and up hotels and this hotel is comparable to 4 stars, just needs to improve the buffet choices. We enjoyed the bus ride of 2 hours, this gave us a chance to drive into the little villages for free. We wanted a quiet place and this is what we were looking for.

Really enjoyed our stay.

Louise & Etienne

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louise C
Reviewed April 18, 2012

wonderful staff ; especially jovani,lisset, (entertainment) mirella (housekeeping) maria (buffet) & sweet gal who cleaned the lobby (sorry i don;t have her name...she has a 9 yr old son if that helps).i judge by public area washrooms...(weird but tells so much about resort) the absolute cleanest i have seen with this my 7th trip to caribbean (cuba,jamaica,dominican).the food was delicious (something for everyone).don't miss the swim up bar FUN FUN FUN.if they offer rm 473 REFUSE,your view A ROOF.upgrade when you make your reservation cheaper & oceanside worth every penny.if your lucky DAYAMI will preform while there, promise you will have tears,beautiful voice & lovely lady.feel free to take along new canada flag (need to replace 1 @ swim up bar) would like to see nova scotia flag there too so pls take.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank shirley1937
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Brisas 3-14 April. We had a fantastic holiday. Our room was on the second floor facing the garden and was peaceful, hardly any noise in the corridor from fellow guests.

We had a leak in the bathroom from the room above and the plumber was at the room door as soon as I had put the phone down! Great service!

We had 2 TA dinners and have made some good friends - hopefully we'll all keep in touch - emails are already whizzing amongst us.

The only a la carte restaurant we didn't try was the kebab - it closed for the low season the day I tried to book. That wasn't a great problem, we went to the buffet instead. I wasn't disappointed with any meal. The quality of food was excellent.

Staff in the resort were so nice and friendly from the lady on toilet cleaning duty to the security men on the seafront. I have to mention the toilets though. I have never been in a hotel (in UK or abroad) where the standard of cleanliness was so high! It seemed that there were toilet fairies who cleaned up almost constantly! I also take my hat of to the young lady who was cleaning the marble walkways after midnight one night (the only night we were up late).

The beach is beautiful with an abundance of loungers and trees or umbrellas for shade. The pool has lots of loungers but not much shade. As anywhere else, there are inconsiderate guests who insist on 'booking' loungers in the shade either late at night or VERY early in the morning and leaving them empty for most of the day - wish I'd had the gumption to take the towels off!!

We had a morning of exceptionally heavy rain and quite a bit of the hotel was under water. The beach was left with deep craturs where the rain had washed the sand into the sea. However, the staff worked tirelessly to keep the hotel dry. Rain went off around lunchtime and normal service was restored.

We would happily go back to the Brisas

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple