Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
US$104
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Islazul Villa Don Lino(Rafael Freyre)
US$74
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
4,377 results
All reviewsseafood restaurantel patiohavana barvilla poolpizzamartini barvilla buffetjohn lennonhotel sectiona la carte restaurantschurrosthe main hotelmain pooldonutslobstertea gardenwater ballet
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We had a great time at this resort. It was not fancy, but the place was beautiful and the staff were great. Would return for another visit.

Room Tip: King beds were great
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank zante1815
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We have been to Brisas Guardalavaca I think about 5 times now and can say that we have enjoyed our stays every time. This time they have a new manager that the employees seem to like because he is making some changes. They now have 6 specialty restaurants that you can make reservations for "El Patio" (seafood),"La Trattoria" (Italian), "El guayabero" (Cuban), along with an "International"," El Zaguan", and the Bucanero Tavern. The tavern is also open in the afternoon serving several brands of bottled beer. Of course you can also eat in the large buffet restaurant in the main hotel. We stayed in a Villa that was clean and had a nice view of the ocean. The staff has improved a lot on it's people skills especially Rudys the head of reception in the main hotel. They don't make it known what is available to you so ask questions. They will fill your fridge supplied water bottle at any bar, just ask. A good place for families to enjoy a restfull vacation or do some side trips to local attractions.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Angela16370
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Travelled with my buddy from work to Brisas, was my first trip, but he had been there several times. I can't say enough about this resort, I was impressed from the time i arrived till the time i departed. We received great service at every restaurant,bar and other area of the resort we visited.I am already making plans for returning next year.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank chris a
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Upon arrival at our hotel (10:30 p.m.) we were told our names were not on the "list", therefore we had no room. Three other couples were sitting in the lobby with the same problem. We were told to go to the bar while they clear up the problem. I went to the bar only to be told that they are closing, they gave me 2 ounces of white wine in a martini glass, that wat it!! Back to the lobby where they shipped us off to another hotel (Amigos) for the night. Got to the room to discover no water bottle, called the main desk and was told "no room service". We had to walk back to our original hotel (10 min. walk at midnight) to get a bottle of water and ice. We sat in the lobby for another 20 min. waiting. I then requested that someone drive us back to the Amigos. Waited another 10 min. for that to happen. Finally back at our temporary room, we went to bed. The next day we made our way back to Brisas and was told our room would be ready at 12:30 lunch time. Public relations manager came to see us and apologized for the trouble. She offered us a bottle of water every day in our room, a bottle of rum, free safety deposit box and a reservation at the seafood resto. We were content with that. Once in our room, my husband showered and ran out of water. The water just trickled down. (not enought for my shower) I went to shower behind the gym which is old, not maintained, no hot water and in a remote area. My husband stood at the door. We did not receive our bottle of water everyday, and a couple of days later the toilet stopped working. We did call the front desk with each problem and they did their best to resolve them. The reservation at the seafood resto. was excellent. We did not even look at the menu. The waiter just kept serving us platters of seafood. Including rock lobster tails. The experience was great, and I expressed my appreciation to the public relation manager.

You have to get up very early to get a beach chair. We were there everyday at 8:00 am and some chairs were already reserved!! I was interested to see when these people would turn up to claim there chairs. One day I noticed at 8:00 am that four chairs were tied together with towels under a palapa. I left the beach at 3:00 in the afternoon, and still no one had showed up to claim those chairs. The beach is a public beach so the locals hang around with their families and just sit under the trees, hoping someone will bring them food and drink. Other than that they do not bother you. A few stray dogs and cats also wander around the resort.

On departure day the public relations manager requested to see me at 10:00am. When I got to her office she requested that I sign a letter stating all was satisfactory. I stated that although I appreciated their efforts I still had the problems with my room, and the fact that I waited 18 hours for a room. Due to these reasons I refused to sign the letter and requested that my first night spent at Amigo Hotel be refunded. The request was denied, but offered me instead the VIP Lounge at the airport. I agreed to this and signed the amended letter. A staff member met us at the airport and brought us directly to the front of every line-up and passed us through. I was sitting in the VIP lounge within 20 min. Had a few snacks and a glass of white wine.

Food was the usual for Cuba, the bars are sufficient. They have a exclusive bar on the second floor of the lobby where they serve liqour not offered at the other bars i.e. Armaretto, whiskey. But don't expect to sit and have a quiet drink before dinner, because you will be standing in line behind 10 year olds sitting at the bar demanding more coke.

Grounds are kept clean and pool area cleaned everyday. Staff are polite and respectful. Tips are appreciated and help them alot. Animation crew are good and keep the activities going. Evening shows are fun to watch. The bar in the pool area stays open all 24hrs so can get loud during the night.

In general we had a good time at this hotel despite the problems. The staff really tried hard to clear up any issues. I probably would not return due to the uncertainty of having a room upon arrival. We booked with a travel agent and had a confirmation number for our reservations.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 556. Ocean view, but also pool view. So can get very loud during the night because of the 24hrs open bar. Closed patio doors and slept well.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank manon101
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hotel Villa area is dated and the rooms need some up grading. Hotel is OK but rooms need some updating as well. Food was great in all areas of the resort. Beach was ok and the pool at the Hotel was very nice but the pools in the villa section needed more cleaning. I would not likely go back until up grades are made.

Room Tip: Stay in the Villa section if possible..
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends