We spent 5 days at the Sol Luna Y Mares as guests for my brother's wedding in April. My brother was married at the Paradiso hotel next door and bought passes for us to walk across on the day of the wedding. This was the only time we were allowed over though (except for times being sneaky with the wrist band situation), despite what we were told by our tour company as we were under the impression we could move freely between the two resorts. The beach was shared by both so we were able to meet up with family and friends every day there instead. The Sol Luna Y Mares was lovely but the Paradiso had that extra something for the 5 stars. Both hotels were clean and beautifully kept with every attention to detail by staff. Tipping is where they make their money here so the rooms were immaculate. The wildlife around the hotels was astounding, with animals i'd never seen or heard of before. The wedding at the Paradiso was beautiful and the weather was wonderful. If I was to return and could afford the difference then I would stay at the Paradiso but the Sol was excellent. Though the Luna section was far quieter as I think we would have been disturbed by late night noise had we been in the Mares section. All in all a great trip, the food was good, the a la carte restaurants were a little unusual but nice, the beach bar was good, the cocktails were wonderful and we really felt as if we were getting everything for our money, no short changing. A great holiday here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Holguin Province, Cuba