All reviewsgolf suitesgolf coursegolf tripputt puttsafe environmentin excellent conditionfamily holidayhome away from homeself cateringa great staygreat weekendtennis courtssouth africawestern capeclubhousefacilitiesgolfers
Reviewed March 26, 2018

We stayed in a Suite on the ground floor. it was very well equipped with washer, dryer, cooker and fridge freezer. There were two bedrooms and an ensuite shower and further bathroom with bath (not allowed to use the bath due to water restrictions) There was penty of cupboard space in the kitchen and in the rest of the apartment. A safe which would hold the computer was also supplied. Very friendly staff in the office and a good daily maid service who would even wash up. Complimentary shuttle up to the Golf Clubhouse/Driving range. Small swimming pool with a few sun loungers around. Wifi was a bit iffy at times.
Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Ground floor suite was fine but if you want a view of the lagoon book an upstairs suite.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
LangebaanEstate, Manager at Langebaan Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Dear Snow White :)
Thank you very much for your review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay (and golf) at LCE in our well equipped, serviced suite.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed March 25, 2018

We won a voucher in a golf competition and were happy about a free accommodation and golf vouchers. Unfortunately the room was very close to the main road and the traffic noise was very bad throughout the night. Our bathroom ( apartment to share ) had no shower only a bath tub without a plug and no hand shower. Therefore it was impossible to have a shower in the morning. I understand due to the drought the hotel want to avoid people taking a bath but then there should be an arrangement for a shower possibility. The rooms were small but everything was clean and in good conditions but for the future we´d rather go somewhere without the road noise as we couldn´t sleep.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
LangebaanEstate, Manager at Langebaan Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Mrs Zimmerman,
Thank you for your review. A thousand apologies regarding the bathroom issue, each unit has 2 bathrooms, one with a bath (we have removed the plugs) and one with a shower. Being in a desperate water crisis we presume all guests will take turns using the shower.
We have 1 and 4 bedroom lodges near the clubhouse that are off the road overlooking the 10th fairway
We trust you enjoyed your round of golf :)

Reviewed March 20, 2018

Apartment was adequate, and clean, but was directly opposite a noisy building site. I was not made aware of this until 2/3 days prior to travel, which was disappointing. Also although quite close to the V&A, it was sufficiently remote that there was nothing else around the apartments, and general advice was not to walk anywhere after 5pm due to the high risks involved.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LangebaanEstate, Manager at Langebaan Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Mr & Mrs Douglas,
Thank you for visiting Langebaan Country Estate. We do believe you may have mixed up your reviews, this one posted seems to be in Cape Town near the Waterfront :)
We received your in-house review regarding the debacle in our bar, which our liaison manager replied to and has consequently dealt with the offenders. We are pleased you enjoyed your overall stay and golf with us.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

I made a booking to stay at Langebaan Country Estate through RCI. On Tuesday 13 March I confirmed the booking and received the confirmation email. On Thursday 15 March I spoke to Sharon who deals with RCI bookings at Langebaan Country Estate. She confirmed that I had a booking and that it was a 4 bedroom chalet.

On Friday at 3pm I called again to discuss late arrival. She said that it was perfect and sent me the following sms: “RCI Late Arrival. Dear Mrs Moross, when you get to Langebaan Country Estate Main Entrance Gate. Please call this No. will come collect you from entrance gate for check-inn. Thanking You” to which I replied “thank you so much”.

On arrival at the resort at 8:10pm on Friday, I called Sharon to tell her I was at the main gate. In order to avoid sitting outside the gate I asked the security if it was possible to sign in for RCI e drive into the gate. I then got a phone call from Sharon asking where I was. I said I was a maximum of 100m inside the gate. She was exceptionally angry and said there was a bakkie waiting that could not see me and it was unacceptable that I had gone into the gate already. She was shouting at me, repetitively asking where I was and telling me I wasn’t at the right place and the guy she had sent to collect me had left. I told her I would turn around and go back to the gate and told her I was very sorry for the confusion. The security guard then came to my car and said I needed to be on the other side of the road at an identical entrance. I immediately went there. I was confronted aggressively by a man called Mark. He did not even greet me before accusing me of being rude to Sharon on the phone. I was exceptionally confused and so were my 3 female friends as I was actually very polite and even apologized to Sharon for being at the wrong entrance despite not being told where to go. We knew that we had made a mistake as to which gate to be at as it was dark and the gates weren’t signposted. Mark said that I wasn’t allowed in without a hard copy print out of the RCI email confirmation and R2500 cash as a breakage fee. He was verbally abusive, shouting at me and telling me I need to read the confirmation letter before he talks to me. He was aggressive and blatantly unhelpful and even though it was late at night he was not willing to assist us at all. He told me that I needed to read and if I couldn’t it was my problem and I needed to get both of the things he wanted before he would let me in. I was there with 3 other girls and he would not engage with us at all. He was in my personal space, shouting at us and telling us that if we were school teachers we should learn how to read. He told us we could not enter without a printed copy of the confirmation and R2500 in cash and to call Sharon only when we had these. When we told him that we would not be able to get these things, he then became even more aggressive and said that we would need to find alternate accommodation or drive back to Cape Town. He got into his car and drove away. The security guard was even shocked by the situation.
Sharon then would not answer any phone calls, and put the phone down on my father who was offering to do an instant eft deposit of the R2500 breakage fee.

We had no other choice other than to find somewhere else to stay for the night as we could not drive 4 girls in the dark, back to Cape Town. We tried Club Mykonos. I spoke to Henriette Smit and she was incredibly helpful. She dealt with RCI, gave us coffee and made sure we could stay in Club Mykonos. Club Mykonos was able to arrange for us to stay both nights and did a direct swop so we did not have to pay any additional cost. We have a sea facing unit and are very greatfull to them.

Langebaan Country Estate treated my friends and I absolutely disgustingly. We were verbally abused and harassed. It is with thanks to all the staff and especially Henrietta at Club Mykonos that our weekend away has been saved. They were hospitable, kind and caring and were able to help us sort something out.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank SarahM15031
LangebaanEstate, Manager at Langebaan Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Dear Sarah,
Thank you for alerting us of this terrible incident. This platform is for Langebaan Country Estate's own holiday accommodation, RCI have their accommodation units situated on the estate and operate independently to LCE.
We will thoroughly investigate this very unfortunate situation as this now affects LCE's reputation.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

We spent a month travelling along the West Coast of the Western Cape & our second stop was at The Langebaan Estate. What a wonderful surprise to be welcomed at the gates and shown around. Our apartment was spotless and very welcoming. The meals at the golf club were very enjoyable & varied. We played golf & used the practise facilities which was the reason for visiting. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LangebaanEstate, Manager at Langebaan Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Dear Janet,
Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Langebaan Country Estate, from beginning to end! Our kitchen offers delicious and affordable specials throughout the week, coupled with the view = definite winner!! And of course our golfing facilities are great:)
We look forward to many more visits :))