I stayed here just recently on December 29. Nicely decorated room and a very quiet and peaceful night of rest. I was interested in the Tongariro National Park and Louis was helpful in providing options on things I could do at the Park. Had a nice breakfast the following morning at the Lodge including ham and eggs which are not usually included but they were kind enough to provide since I requested. There is also a restaurant just around the corner called the Train Station. Highly recommended. Make sure to make reservations. It was probably the best meal I had during my 10-day trip. If you are looking for a nice, quite & clean place to rest with friendly owners, look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongariro Crossing Lodge is the only place of its kind in National Park Village. Our family-owned and operated boutique lodge caters for travellers seeking personal attention in a welcoming and laid-back atmosphere. We offer spacious and comfortable rooms with a distinctive historic character where you can relax and recharge after a hard day’s trekking, biking, skiing or travelling. In the warmer months, our landscaped grounds and patio garden, with mountain views, provide an oasis of calm and seclusion for weary adventurers. As travellers ourselves we know what it’s like exploring a new country or dashing down to the mountains for a weekend. We strive to offer a place where guests can feel rested, at home and taken care of from the moment they arrive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Tongariro Crossing Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongariro Crossing Hotel National Park Village
- Tongariro Crossing Lodge New Zealand/National Park Village