“Anchor Inn serves up great food with lots of flair!”

Anchor Inn Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$3 - US$24
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Anchor Inn Hotel is located in downtown Little Current on Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada. The Hotel offers a great restaurant, lively bar, room, and nice inexpensive rooms and kitchenettes. We are located across from the re-developed waterfront and municipal marina, and also have a cool street-side patio and two streaming web-cams.
Reviewed March 30, 2015

WE had dinner twice at the Anchor this past weekend....The food is very delicious and the staff are really friendly and efficient.
Food is creative and tasty and the portions won't leave you going home hungry, which is a big plus! Sweet potato fries are excellent and so are the salads..
Setting is nice too, right on the channel so you can see the water from the restaurant...
The attached bar is a great place to go afterwards for a nightcap or an après dinner drink.

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank Saloun
Anchor I, Owner at Anchor Inn Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2015

Hello Saloun:

And thank you for the kind review, especially your comment lots of flair. It is so nice to hear such positive feedback on the staff, quality of the food, and portions sizes. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your positive comments with the Trip Advisor community. We look forward to meeting you one day and again our thanks.

Bruce and Kelly

Reviewed March 19, 2015

My husband and I have been coming to the island to fish for about 15 years and I as
a little girl back in the late 50's early 1960's - 1971 had been coming with my family
for great fishing vacations! Little Current is a quaint town of which has special memories
for me and my husband as we walk the streets, look at the beautiful water and always
wind up wanting to dine at the Anchor Inn. We love the staff and the food is delicious!
Always nice portions and so good!!! We now stay every June in Gore Bay to fish but
make the pleasant drive to Little Current to eat at the special Anchor Inn---we had a
waitress one time whom I wish we could remember her name that really thanked us
for being such a happily married couple as she told us that she sees so many un-
happily married couples who never talk to each other and just eat....so we never
forgot that nice comment as we strive to shine for the Lord for others to see and
for ourselves that there truly is happiness when you love the Lord and each other.
We are looking forward to June 2015 for our fishing trip and eating at the Anchor Inn.

Date of visit: June 2014
Anchor I, Owner at Anchor Inn Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2015

Hello Kirecca:

Thank you for the positive review and particular thanks for noting the friendly staff and quaint town of Little Current. We the current owners have been here for over 20 years, the the Hotel itself has been in operation since 1888. Certainly lots of history and and you have likely seen a bit of a transition over the years. Interesting comments about our staff member commenting on you two as happily married and communicating. We often see couples and families dining together but more interested in their phones and newspapers. I am glad our staff noticed and this is a fond memory for you. See you on your next visit.

Bruce O'Hare
owner , operator...and floor mopper

Reviewed March 6, 2015

This is a favorite stop of boaters that travel the North Channel especially during the Mackinac-Manitoulin Race. The food is good for bar food. I enjoy the opportunity to get fresh white fish and this is probably the best restaurant on the island for whitefish. The numerous times I have been here and brought family with me, we leave full and satisfied with the portions of the meal. Maybe I come back out of habit, whenever in the area, or maybe the food is just that good ( I am unsure which it is, either way I will continue to come back and enjoy my meal).

Reviewed February 18, 2015

I had the pickerel dinner one night, and the fish tacos the next! Both meals were delicious. I particularly enjoyed the home-made bread pudding with Jack Daniels butter sauce.

Date of visit: February 2015
Anchor I, Owner at Anchor Inn Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2015

Hello Icewomen:

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. Yes, the fish we serve is fresh, the whitefish we feature daily is the local favorite ( and also used in our fish tacos) and is commercially fished in the cold waters of the North Channel by a company called Purvis Marine. Our Hotel opened in 1888 and I think that is about the same time the Purvis family began commercial fishing in this area. We are fortunate to have such a versatile seafood product available at our front door. We sometimes see the fish tug pulling nets, looking out the front window from our home, towards Clapperton Island in the west. Versatile is a good way to describe whitefish, as we prepare it many different ways. We even do a whitefish salad with local maple syrup when we can get it. The rainbow trout we also have as a menu stable is locally raised in fish farms less than 10 miles from our front door. Our sincere thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hosting you and your family again one day.

warm regards:

Bruce O'Hare
owner operator

Reviewed February 18, 2015

Good food and always consistent. Nice for families. Busy place in the summer. Family favourite for us.

Date of visit: December 2014

Hello M Van:

Thank you for your kind review.