“Celery Bread!! Celery Bread!!”

Erie Beach Hotel Cove Room
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Port Dover
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant is part of the hotel, and is opened to the public. Family Dining, accommodates large groups. Call for reservations.
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Best place for perch and oh yes, you have to get the celery bread!!! The only problem I can find is the view!! Others may have the view but not the best food. Oh did I mention the celery bread lol

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I am regular at the Erie Beach Hotel Cove Dining Room and I am a resident of Dover. My brother was visiting my husband and I on a Saturday in July and insisted on having dinner at the Erie Beach Dining Room. It was very busy, which is always a good sign, but you would never know it by the attitude of our server; she was pleasant and very professional. Our food was great (my husband and I always order perch), the portions generous (as usual), the celery bread fabulous; and everything arrived quickly which was surprising considering how busy it was. If you are visiting Port Dover, you are missing out if you don't dine at the Erie Beach Hotel Cove Dining Room.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Our friend decided to have his 60th Birthday celebration here and it was really a great afternoon. The food is expensive but consistently good. There really is no ambiance other than a very old building at a beach town. It is almost always busy though so I guess that says something about their food and beer. The servers are very attentive and the butter from the celery bread drips off of every piece.

1  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I was part of a large group having lunch at the Erie Beach and we were fortunate to dine in one of the nicest parts of the restaurant. Its name, Capri Lounge, is so fitting as you step back in time in the décor including banquettes. The food was the traditional perch, celery bread and array of salads this restaurant is famous for. Service was efficient and friendly.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

At the Erie Beach, a historic restaurant, dinner is always good, love the celery bread and pickled pumpkin when in season!
Very relaxed atmosphere, friendly service, good food! May have to wait in line on the weekends to get a table. Upstairs and down, the Cove is more romantic for couples and includes all you can eat salad bar! We venture there 3-4 times a year!