1,036 results
All reviews country park rib room steak walk in shower afternoon tea premier room free standing bath roll top bath huge bathroom sandwiches christmas party large lake grounds are lovely full english lovely hotel from start to finish breakfast room
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Booked a table in the Rib Room decided to go a little earlier to have a drink in the bar, I asked for a gin and tonic ( gin being the in thing at the moment and was pleased they had my favourite - brockmans which is a rarity in most places so good start one would think! ) well no actually the girl behind the bar reaches for a wine glass saying will you have it in a wine glass as we have no gin glasses - hell no I will not!!! I asked her to wash a gin glass that was on the bar - not happy but she did it ( would havee been nice if she’d have thought of it rather than at my suggestion) she then proceeded to pour the whole bottle if tonic into a single gin and then said ‘do you want lemon ‘ no I don’t because that’s not what you serve with that particular gin so I had to
tell her what to put with it! Is it me - but at the price they charge am I right in thinking they should know how to serve it?
So onto the rib room it been a long time since I was last there, the food was good - my fillet steak a touch over but acceptable, however the service we received from one member of staff was over and above just happened to mention when she asked if I wanted another drink about my ‘ gin experience’ at the bar, she was lovely she apologised and said she would get me another one on the house with the right garnish which she promptly did! The young girl in question was Paige she was so lovely considering she was tired ( she had been on shift nearly 12 hours! )
She turned a mediocre experience around and we came away happy!
Well done Paige you were amazing and should be praised for how good you were!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trudyand66
Reviewed August 29, 2018

Stayed at Hardwick Hall Hotel for the second time in August 2018. The hotel is impressive from the moment you drive into its grounds. There is parking to the front and rear. The hotel is full of old charm from deep pile carpets to leather furniture.
I had booked a Premier room The bedroom had three windows overlooking Hardwick Country Park. It was appointed with a very large comfortable bed, two chairs and large desk plus chair. Upon an ornate set of draws stood the tea / coffee makings, kettle DVD player and complimentary mineral water. A free standing wardrobe contained a safe. There was an iron and board. Mounted upon the walls was a large TV and a B & O music centre. The bathroom was exceptionally large featuring a grand free standing bath, two basins and a large walk-in shower.
Both dinner and breakfast were take in the hotel and I can recommend the 'posh fish & chips' in the Rib Room. The cooked breakfast was very good too.
The hotel is located on the edge of the Hardwick Country Park which was a pleasure to stroll around. To concluded this was a relaxing stay in a very nice hotel which is in a lovely location.
Negative points: -
The rooms decor is showing its age. Marks and stains on the wallpaper. The B&O HiFi worked very well but had a cassette player! The massive desk and its chair could be replaced with a small settee to view the country park from ones room.
The Rib Room staff were young and attentive but the older breakfast serving staff were just miserable. At 8.50am I was told that there were no more croissants, poor as breakfast is served until 10am.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Attended the festival for the full weekend, brilliant set up and bands etc. We have been every year since its creation and like the past events this one was just as good.

Standard tickets on the Saturday and gold tickets on the Sunday, gold worth the money you can eat all day if you can handle it.

Will we go again - yes without question.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Had a great afternoon tea here. Fabulous service from the waiting staff. Jane, Donna and Margaret all very attentive. Going above and beyond the usual requirements. Serving generous portions, certainly value for money.
Thanks to all the staff involved behind the scenes too but especially those mentioned.
Cath

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

A lovely afternoon tea made even lovlier by very attentive staff, Donna, Liam, Margaret and especially Jane for whom nothing was too much trouble.

The hotel is set in gorgeous grounds.

We especially loved the coffee pot.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends