See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 2, 2015

I choose 3 star Orea Hotel Špičák for our stay with family in Šumava because Orea Hotels provide certain level of accomodation and services which is not bad - and it is not easy to find good and nice hotel in the mountain. The hotel is situated in Hofmanky area. It is not difficult to find it - navigation is good. The car park is just in front of the hotel.

The receptionist was kind and helpfull - speaks czech and german only. The reception is avaliable to 10 pm - then you must use key from the hotel entrance. Our room was in the 3rd/ 4 floor - access by elevator. That's a pitty that available is only 1 key from the room.

The room is the best part of hotel - the room is partly refurbished. The room is relatively nice - with TV, double-bed, phone, shower. In the mountain it is not problem that air-con is missing - despite it is summer there was very cold in the room during the night! But the problem is that the room is missing hair-dryer as well as some socket to charge my cell-phone. Only one available socket in the room is the bathroom - socket for shavers! Wifi signal in our room was weak but I must appreciate the high-speed internet. You can use also internet and wifi in the reception area. The sleeping here could be good - but the problem is too flat pillow. I strongly recommend you take pillow with from home and then you can sleep here comfortably.

Our room was cheaper because we didn't have mountain view. I could see also room in 3rd floor with mountain view and it is really breathtaking view. The price for accomodation is nice.

I am glad that the hotel has small children corner next to restaurant - not nice and really pure. Self-service dinner for 250 CZK/person (normal price 300 CZK) is tragedy! It doesn't make sense to pay so high price for so bad dish! Nice surprise was breakfast - really not bad. What I can't understand- why the breakfast is also in the summer season available only to 10 am?? (restaurant is not provide lunch - so for hell, why it can't be breakfast to 10,30 or to 11 am?)

The hotel Orea Špičák has also its sauna. If you want to use other facilities - indoor pool and whirlpool, animation programm, á-la-carte restaurant, coffee-bar - you can use services of sister-hotel Orea Horizont which is 800 m far up-hill. The pool in Orea Horizont (free of charge for guests from Orea Špičák) is nice and children love it. Animation programm for children is weak and boring and restaurant is bad.

If you want to spend a few days in nice enviroment of Šumava - forests are full of mushrooms, blackberries and strawberries, air is clean and around Špičák hill you have many opportunities for trips and for sport - I can recommend you Orea Hotel Špičák as a nice accomodation for fair price. The only one problem is that for eating you must go somewhere out.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan B
OreaHotel_Management, Manažer at Orea Hotel Spicak, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2015

Dear Mr. B,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel, we are pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one. We strive to give all our guests the very best experience possible and continuously work to improve the training of our staff so we can provide the highest standard of services.

V. Fialova

Reviewed May 26, 2015

Being a hotelier myself, I will try to aproch it with the sh** sándwich :), so here we go! We made the mistake of making a last minute reservation, and it was the last hotel available for the weekend. We wanted to stay at it`s sister hotel Orea Horizont (that we already knew), with no luck. The area is absolutely stunning, The views from the room that we had was beautiful, however, when we arrived there we were shocked. We didn`t expect much, but it was worse tan we though. The rooms are not cleaned properly, there is a huge lack of housekeeping supervision there. The bed linen was dirty and ripped, the lamp shades disgusting, the bathroom not cleaned properly (WC dirty and chipped, towels ripped, old and stained...). the carpet was old and smelly (not very clever to have carpet in a ski area).
It was funny to find a Tv program, but not TV in the room... Basic housekeeping inspection details failed.
The balcony was spacious with beautiful views, but useless. The wooden floor was not attached properly, so it was a real safety hazard, and the table and chairs were not cleaned in years. The maintenance department propably missed that big issue.
The worse came with food... We came for breakfast the first morning, and the food was smelling funny. We couldn`t have a bite, it was imposible to eat. For dinner, we decided not to eat there, obviously, but my small daughter was hungry, so we decide to take the buffet (the only option for dinner) for her to have a small soup before bed. We ordered a mineral wáter, and they clearly served us a bottle refilled with tap wáter. When we adressed the issue to the waiter, Mr. Kamil, was extremely rude, and did not deny serving us tap wáter. He was rude to all the clients in the dining room, and really unpleasant to us. He is the type of person that would never EVER work for any my hotels...
On the other hand, the ladies and Young man at the reception were great, Jana, Irina and Peter, were the only good point of our stay.
The área is worth checking out, but I would highly recommend Horizont hotel better. The rooms are cleaned, the food is good, staff member are nice and proffessional and the spa and swimming pool worth the stay.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Monica B
OreaHotel_Management, Generální ředitel at Orea Hotel Spicak, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2015

Dear Mrs. Monika B.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I sincerely apologize for your recent experience. I will personally address this issue with our staff and Managers in order to ensure that the quality of our services will improve immediately. I want to assure you that our goal is to provide the highest level of service and your critical feedback is very valuable to us.

Respectfully,

Michal Maniš

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I spend here two nights, the location is nice with very nice mountain view, perfect if you want explore the mountains (lakes, hills etc).
The stuff at the reception was nice.
Room and bathroom are fine, acceptable for 3* hotel, everything was clean and works well.
Breakfast was very good, i like it.
Dinners were very very poor, the food wasnt good at all, let say more less tragic.
The hotel seems be sometimes very overpriced , dont pay more than 50 EUR for room per night with breakfast and dinner (otherwise try to find something others, you will not get what you pay)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear lubox,

Thank you for your kind words, we are pleased to hear that you had a great time at our hotel. We will continue to work hard to ensure that your next visit at our hotel or another OREA HOTELS & RESORTS hotel will be as nice as your most recent one. I will share your comments with our staff and Managers, I am sure they will be thrilled to hear about your positive experience with us.

With Regards,
V. Fialova

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We spent 3 nights with our friends during the Xmas time. Our arrival was very impressive with nice "welcome back" from Jana (we spent few nights during the Easter). Her professionalism and personality are to be very positively commended. We had nice and clean rooms with balcony and amazing view. I need to mentioned your F&B team (restaurant in Špičák hotel and bar in Horizont hotel), they were nicely polite, helpful. Dinner buffet exceed our expectations. We will definitely come back. WELL DONE

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
OreaHotel_Management, Generální ředitel at Orea Hotel Spicak, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2015

Dear Mrs. Simona,

I want to thank you for your stay at our hotel and I'm so pleased to hear your feedback. I am thrilled to hear that have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that our guests are our priority and all OREA HOTELS & RESORTS personnel will continue to work hard in order to provide the best services possible. We thank you for your business and very much look forward to welcoming you again at one of our hotels or resorts.

Michal Maniš

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Spend only 1 night with my family in winter/March 2013/.
We had a lovely stay, everyone was very polite and helpful.
The extra bed for our daughter was not ready upon entering the room. The reception arranged a lade who did it with a smile on her face. Thanks to her!!
Guests are allowed to use the great Wellness fascility for free in the sister hotel about 500 m away /sauna, swimming pool etc./
Can´t wait to be back in summer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Jan V, Manager at Orea Hotel Spicak, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Good morning,

thank you very much for review. We are pleased, that you were with our services in hotel satisfied. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Best regards.