“Birthday Party at The Millhouse”

Millhouse Hotel & Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sharnbrook
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Thank you to Carl and Olivia and all the staff at The Millhouse. I had the most sensational birthday party with friends and family from all over the UK, from France, and from the USA. The venue was divine, the food delicious, the service excellent and all in all, it was a most special evening. You satisfied our every whim, even (amazingly) serving bowls of chips during the elegant cocktail and canape time, when one of our American friends mixed up the words crisps (UK) and chips (USA). We and our guests occupied every room in the hotel, and all were very happy with the accommodations. The location is so beautiful - if only you could have controlled the rain, but you certainly shone in every other area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Me and my boyfriend went to the hotel for a nice quiet break. As soon as we walked in the door the staff were extremely polite and helpful. Our room was big enough for two and nice and clean! We had a three course meal at the restaurant which was in a lovely setting and the food was delicious. We also woke up to a traditional cooked breakfast which was amazing! The staff were really helpful throughout the whole stay making sure that we were having a good time. We would defiantly stay at the hotel again we had a really nice time and we have never experienced such good customer service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Myself, my husband and my two children enjoyed a lovely weekend stay. We had a family room which had a separate area for the children with TV and super direct views across the river to spot the local birdlife. The staff could not have been more helpful, accommodating my rather fussy 8 year old with tasty snacks and even mugs of warm milk at bedtime! The evening meal was served in a cosy and atmospheric restaurant again taking advantage of the countryside vista. We had an excellent meal and again the children were made to feel very wecome. We found this to be a great base for enjoying local attractions (safari park etc) that would have been otherwise too far to travel to from home without a comfy stopover. Great walks from the riverside right next to the hotel too. Hotel spotlessly clean (and I am a clean freak too!).

Room Tip: A room at the rear of the hotel overlooking the river is a bonus!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BusyMumOfTwoPlusDog
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stay a couple of weeks ago with work and the venue was amazing. The staff were helpful and always very polite.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the mill hotel in march this year on a business trip, i found the welcome warm and the service excellent! My room was clean and comfortable, also reasonably priced given the area.
I dined twice in the restaurant having a traditional breakfast and dinner, the dinner was particularly good I choose fillet steak with dauphinoise potatoes and had a peppercorn sauce, lovely!! And to follow a selection of their homemade ice creams which were particularly nice.

Overall, I very much enjoyed my stay even though it was a business trip and will definately recommend to my collegues and friends.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff made my stay very relaxing. Lovely quiet location by the river, meaning great views. Food 10/10! Thoroughly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel whilst we were going to the British Grand Prix.
Really friendly welcome from all members of staff.
We only stayed a couple of nights, but the room we had was really nice.
We only had one evening meal as we were out most of the day, but the food was really nice. Also good to see a restaurant using local produce throughout its menu.
Hope to go back this year!

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharnbrook
1.5 km away
The Barns Hotel
#2 of 18 in Bedford
15.6 km away
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf

Been to Millhouse Hotel & Riverside Restaurant? Share your experiences!