All reviews all inclusive package mayan princess maya luna buffet food was good getting sick buffet line west end resort based bedroom suite the wait staff island tour fish cruise ship guests dive shop recommend this resort beach front rooms were very clean
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

My family stayed at Las Sirenas from May 19 to May 24. We had an awesome time! We came for to dive and enjoyed every aspect of the trip. The diving was awesome; our dive master Kevin was awesome and showed us so many cool things! He accommodated our desire for adventure and took us through so many swim throughs and patiently tolerated my family's often eccentric antics. Our group of six had an entire dive boat practically to ourselves and the boat itself was clean and modern. Shout out to Captain Teddy for his expertise in fixing a minor engine snafu without compromising our planned dives for the day. We saw turtles and morays and nurse sharks and more. Beautiful diving! Perfect weather all week!

The resort was great. We loved the food, drinks, and atmosphere. We were greeted with smiles by the staff everywhere we went, especially Ismael, who made us feel most welcome. We enjoyed all the dining options; we have many differing palates in my family including a vegan and not a single one of us was displeased with the numerous options.

I will certainly be recommended Las Sirenas/Mayan Princess to my diving friends! And we would certainly return someday!

Big thanks to everyone who made our trip so fun and special!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed May 22, 2018

This is a small all inclusive resort, but packed with lots of amenities. The rooms are well kept and all of the staff is friendly. During our stay, Ishmel and William made sure that all of our needs were met. They knew our drinks and preferences. The beach in front is not crowded and there is always space in the sun or shade.

Room Tip: all rooms located close to the beach
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sonja H
Reviewed March 29, 2018

Las Sirenas is part of the Mayan Princess Resort. My traveling partners were in the Mayan Princess side, due to availability I stayed in Las Sirenas.

We booked our stay through Roatan Charters. They were able to get me a room even though the hotel website said they were full. We only used them for the hotel booking.

ARRIVAL IN ROATAN: The Mayan Princess provides complimentary transportation to an from the resort to the airport. They even let us stop by the grocery store on the way to the hotel so ask your driver if you'd like to give that a try. (We had 1 bus for the 8 of us so didn't disrupt other travelers). In hindsight, the grocery stop wasn't necessary on the all-inclusive package but it was nice for some snacks and extra water/drinks.

GROUNDS: Are pretty and well-maintained at both Mayan Princess & Las Sirenas.

ROOMS: I ended up enjoying 2 separate rooms. Overall comment is they are very nice, NOT luxurious (which is the same comment I made about Infinity Bay from my 12/17 visit). The 1st room, S117, was VERY small. It would be fine for 1 person but was tight for a couple. I would recommend requesting an upstairs room which has vaulted ceilings & makes the room feel larger. It has a little balcony overlooking small Las Sirenas pool.

I needed to contact the front desk due to some minor housekeeping issues but the Phone wasn't working. The staff knew this but didn't tell us at check in nor did they have a note in the room.

The closet only had 4 hangers. This seems to be a theme in Roatan as I had similar issue at previous resort.

Shower worked great. Way better than my shower at infinity bay. However when I moved to my other room the shower wasn't as good so apparently the water pressure is hit or miss.

There is a lot of light in this room. I Suggest a sleeping mask or something to cover your eyes when the sun comes in.

My next room, SM1, was a BEACHFRONT 1 bedroom suite that can also be reserved as a 2 bedroom suite. The bedroom had a nice big closet - the dresser was outside of the bedroom which was a little weird but manageable.

I liked my beach front room a little better than my cousins beach front room at Mayan Princess. The reason is their room was close to the buffet where some activities are held so it was more trafficked & a little noisier. This was NOT a huge issue but noticeable. Also our room was bigger, But either would be very enjoyable for your time in Roatan.

Really Nice big kitchen but Not enough utensils and cookware. There were Only 4 forks & knives. This kitchen should be better supplied.
Great patio where you can see the ocean but far enough away that you aren't bothered by people. It was really nice.

The AC worked really well in both units.

WATER IN THE ROOMS: The resort provides some water in the rooms. I did not drink any water out of the faucet but did use it to rinse my toothbrush. No issues.

FOOD/DRINK: We purchased the all inclusive package. This was a 1st for me, We frequently like to cook our own meals on vacation. The primary place for meals is the Buffet which is generally satisfying. The buffet dinner cuisine type varies daily - American, seafood, Asian, Italian, Mexican, Honduran, etc. The breakfast buffet has many items to choose from along with 2 stations making fresh items - 1 omelette station and the items varied (pancakes, waffles) at the other fresh station. The workers at the stations are very nice and friendly. The buffet food is NOT covered in flies as some reviewers have said. No one is our group of 8 had any gastric issues from food. For dinner there are 3 non buffet restaurants you can choose from. My husband & I ate at 2 of them, Luna Maya (fine dining option) & San Simon Beach club (Casual). The food was good at both but we agreed that the buffets were just as good for us. There were usually healthy options to choose from.

Drinks were good - I drank a lot of caiprihainas and monkey la las.

BEACH CHAIRS - We spent all of our time on the beach. There is a separate area for all inclusive guests. Mayan Princess sells passes to cruise ship passengers but they are at the adjoining beach club.

WIFI - pretty spotty in some areas. Worked better in our original room.

POOL - There are lots of beautiful plants around the pool and I thought it would be too shady. This really wasn't the case. There are lots of semi-private areas to sit around the pool so you aren't on top of other guests.

DIVE SHOP - We are snorkelers, not divers but Mayan Princess has a Dive Shop on Site. Along with a Dive Shop Cat!

SERVERS - the servers on the beach were all pretty great. On cruise ship days, the servers will even bring your drinks to you while you are cooling off in the ocean! WE LOVED THIS - They ought to allow them to do this everyday.

Even though tips are are included in the all-inclusive price, I recommend making sure sure you have smaller bills for tipping the wait staff. They sure do appreciate it. Keldhar was our favorite server but Ishmael, Junior & Rudolph were also memorable. Darwin at Las Sirenas towel stand also was very friendly & helpful.

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at Mayan Princess. I've stayed at Xbalanque (didn't get around to writing a review, but it was a very nice, but expensive stay), & Infinity Bay (See separate review) & would definitely consider staying again at Mayan Princess.

Consider a night snorkel with Infinity Bay Dive Shop - it was pretty cool!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Goombagirl1
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

This hotel lacks charm, service and hospitality. Considering it’s price it should live up to international standards, my take on this hotel is that service is poor, engagement with the guest is null and the only thing that saves the whole experience is the beach. Very disappointed on the quality of service. Not a 5 stat destination if you are accustomed to 3,4 or 5 star hotels.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Luis V
Reviewed March 4, 2018

This hotel is part of the mayan princess resort, we were in a group and the service was ridiculously nice, they had everything cover. The food from the buffet at the Maya Luna restaurant is also fabolous. The beach is just a few steps your door.

Room Tip: The buffet is great
Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business