“Always #1 in my Book”

Rendezvous Sushi Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Roatan's Rendezvous Cafe des Arts and Sushi Grill serve fresh Sushi, grilled meats and seafood, Kobe beef, Ginger soy duck and other epicurean delights like homemade pies and desserts, Italian coffee, and French cuisine. Private tatami room. A tranquil setting 500 feet from West Bay Beach and the West Bay Mall. Walking distance from all West Bay hotels. Even the most travelled sushi connoisseur will find rare sushi delights here. Reservations required.
Roatan, Honduras
“Always #1 in my Book”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have eaten sushi all over the world. Rendezvous is unique for there personal service, attention to detail and freshest fish on the island. I typically go in and give the chef some guidelines for my tastes and he does the rest. Its like having a personal chef who knows exactly what I like. Amazing! The atmosphere is romantic and quaint. I would highly recommend it to any one visiting the island of Roatan. Reserve a table and take your time to enjoy the experience. I am getting hungry just thinking about it.

Brisbane, Australia
“amazing restaurant with an incredible variety of sushi dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I ate here Sunday night and was absolutely blown away by the incredible selection of dishes from starters to dessert ... I haven't had sushi this good in a long time and was amazed to find such genuine tasting home made sushi on a small Island. The restaurant has an fabulous ambience, the owners were friendly and very knowledgeable in sushi etiquette ... not only was the food incredible but I also learned I had been eating sushi the hard way for the past 15 years! 5 stars for sure!

Quebec City, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More than sushi, it's art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

We add a very very unforgetable experience at rendez-vous sushi. I when there twice during my stay on the Roatan island and both time was memorable. The ambiance was perfect, the music perfectly selected, the sushis of course were incredible and also beautiful actually, almost sad to eat them (the hako). Don't leave before having the best desert on the island, hand made by the host. I would recommend this sushi house to anyone that want a wonderful experience. And if you want to have the best they offer, just ask for the chef selection, it is a sure shot.

1 Thank Vincent F
New York City, New York
“Nice people but terrible sushi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

This place has truly awful sushi. I don't know what the other reviewers here are thinking but if you actually eat good sushi on a regular basis, don't eat here. I know, I know, what was I thinking going for sushi in Honduras. ..so I'm an idiot. Let my mistake not be in vain and spare you dear reader the same pain. I will say that the folks that own and run the place are very nice and the atmosphere is not bad. It did however take 3 hours to complete our meal and it was rather expensive for Roatan. They also charged 15% for service which is odd since 1) everywhere else on the island charges or suggests 10% and 2) Since it's the proprietors serving and bussing, there is no waitstaff to pay.

2 Thank chumpomatic
Copan, Honduras
“Really good sushi...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

The sushi was fantastic, I´ve eaten sushi before here and there but this one really made an impression, the atmosphere is delicate and relaxing, the nigiri i had was excellent, make a reservation!